Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ocean project is super cool, but if I need something truly next-gen, I'll go with Waveworks

Comment

Trying to build from source in 4.8 I get this error and this error only.

1>F:\UnrealProjects\4.8 test\OceanProject-TK-s-Dev\OceanProject-TK-s-Dev\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\BuoyantDestructible.cpp(63): error C2039: 'Actor' : is not a member of 'FDestructibleChunkInfo'
      1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Components/DestructibleComponent.h(24) : see declaration of 'FDestructibleChunkInfo'

Will look into it later, but looks promising, hopefully and easy fix. Any one have anyideas to the cause??
      Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by Salamanderrake View Post
        According to one of the devs its a bug that OpenGL4 does not support the more the 16 samples limit. I don't know anything about OpenGL/GLSL/HLSL/hlscc to try to fix it my self so I am stuck for now.
        Unfortunately reducing the texture sample is going to be tougher than I though.. even though technically I'm using about 9 textures, the material is saying I'm using 14.. it depends on what features you have enabled it seems (transparency adds extra samples for example, also SSR).
        So as of right now it seems the only way is to make a lower quality opengl version.. perhaps with no extra normals and heightmap displacement.

Sorry but I can't promise I will do this soon (although I will try).

Originally posted by Gibbz View Post
        im trying to build this on 4.8 preview, but its failing.

Are you guys going to update to work with 4.8 any time soon?
        I'm working on it as we speak I will try to upload (soon?) a "beta" 4.8 version.

But in that "beta" version some things will be broken (because of 4.8 changes) such as buoyant destructibles (they are too bouncy ) and some other minor stuff.. until I figure out how to fix them.
        Should be working at least.

Originally posted by Revaravus View Post
        So I've been trying to make Gerstner waves in blueprint for a bit (I'm not using the plugin itself, just using it for learning purposes). You may have guessed from my earlier posts that I'm not really great at this (I'm more on the art side of things), but after a lot of trial and error and headbanging I got objects bobbing up and down to waves. They're just not the right waves. The inputs are all the same as in my material, but I kinda figured that wouldn't be enough.

Pic related is my function. Any help/advice you could offer would be appreciated. Thanks again for being cool and making this. It's been a lot of fun to play with/poke around.
        If you look at the Ocean\Old folder I believe you can find a semi-implemented blueprint version (BP_OceanManager) should have the correct math at least.. but we found out the performance was not great (one of the reasons we use C++ for the buoyancy).

Originally posted by Tin Le View Post
        This ocean project is super cool, but if I need something truly next-gen, I'll go with Waveworks
        Yeah I would really like to have a waveworks version of the project but unfortunately the nvidia guys still haven't implemented buoyancy or an easy way to get the height data.

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
        Trying to build from source in 4.8 I get this error and this error only.

1>F:\UnrealProjects\4.8 test\OceanProject-TK-s-Dev\OceanProject-TK-s-Dev\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\BuoyantDestructible.cpp(63): error C2039: 'Actor' : is not a member of 'FDestructibleChunkInfo'
        1> C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Components/DestructibleComponent.h(24) : see declaration of 'FDestructibleChunkInfo'

Will look into it later, but looks promising, hopefully and easy fix. Any one have anyideas to the cause??
        In BuoyantDestructible.cpp (line 63 or so) change
        Code:
        physx::PxRigidDynamic* Chunk = Each.Actor;
        to
        Code:
        physx::PxRigidDynamic* Chunk = DestructibleComponent->ApexDestructibleActor->getChunkPhysXActor(Each.ChunkIndex);
        However they changed something in the destructibles and now they behave weird.. it's like the density is divided by the chunk number or something.
        Still trying to figure out a fix for this (hopefully soon).

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
        WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
        WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Uploading the project with TK's fix as mentioned above. Check back for a link in 20 minutes. Take his advice its not a real fix, Epic Games has depreciated and changed a ton of things, again, that said, it seems fine with my whole 30 seconds of testing. Will test more on my actual project.

Here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#!T8dXmQ6T!kxsu1i...58w7JVk5tmp560 note this is the whole project as it comes from TK's branch. If you just want the plugin here: https://mega.co.nz/#!XtVThArL!0h7IUC...1-VNVJ5ID8L7e0
          Last edited by Nsomnia; 06-10-2015, 06:57 PM.
          Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by Revaravus View Post
            So I've been trying to make Gerstner waves in blueprint for a bit (I'm not using the plugin itself, just using it for learning purposes). You may have guessed from my earlier posts that I'm not really great at this (I'm more on the art side of things), but after a lot of trial and error and headbanging I got objects bobbing up and down to waves. They're just not the right waves. The inputs are all the same as in my material, but I kinda figured that wouldn't be enough.[ATTACH=CONFIG]42666[/ATTACH]

Pic related is my function. Any help/advice you could offer would be appreciated. Thanks again for being cool and making this. It's been a lot of fun to play with/poke around.
            I might just have what your talking about. A fully blueprinted version was posted a LONG time ago and then the link went dead. I'll look for it. It might be what TK is referring to though. But If I can remember corrected it was a "fully BP'ed ocean project"

Comment

any update on this for the 4.8?

Comment

Originally posted by Axxi View Post
                any update on this for the 4.8?
                I posted a link to the re-compiled version of the plugin and TK's branch with the recompiled pluigin with TK's fix a few posts back. Its not a gaurenteed fix but it seems fine for me; I dont use destructable buoyant objects though.

Epic has, yet again, depreciated a ton of code that needs fixing up to be "proper" and changed the way some things work in PhysX apparently, as much as I can pull from TK's post, the forum, and seeing the code warnings.

Comment

Subsurface Scattering Problems

Hi, I'm really new to UE4 and game development in general. So, I apologize if this is a really stupid question or it's already been answered.

I'm having trouble with the subsurface scattering. With the default color and any color I put into it, it's always this white opaque color. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because it works fine in the demo project itself. UE4 ver. 4.7.6 Any help is appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Problems.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	356.9 KB
ID:	1079723
                  Attached Files

Comment

Could you give us some more details about what you mean by SSS. Are you implementing your own version, are you editing the SSS in the ocean material etc.

Comment

No, I haven't edited the materials at all. I migrated the blueprints/materials over to the project I was working on and that was the result. I'm just trying to get the ocean system in my project. I'm not sure if I'm missing a few files, I'll double check. Going through the blueprint's settings, SSS was the only thing that was causing some change in those white textures. for example, if I bring the color of the sss to full black, it will change to that (unfortunately it makes my scene look terrible as well). But, any other slight change in the color brings it back to that white color. I've tried several different combos of of colors, but it doesn't change from that white color. It doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

You need to add the BP_Skydome into your level or the SSS won't get the sun's rotation.
                        If you want to use your own sky then you will have to set it up manually or you can set the SSS intensity to zero.

I plan to make it easier to be able to use another sky but for now it is what it is

-----------------------------------

Current status of the 4.8 release:

Unfortunately I'm having an issue with the sample count.. the 4.8 SSR increases the sample count which end up giving me an exceed texture sample limit (16) error on compile.
                        So basically if I enable SSR then I have to disable the new foam that I have added.. also I want to add an extra set of "far distance" normals but the sample limit isn't going to let me do that it seems.

Do any of you guys know why this happens? I thought the texture limit was increased to 128 since 4.6.

Also I'm working on the "infinite" plane system, it works pretty good so far but I will need to find a solution for the sample count problem and add an extra set of normals or it won't look good at distance.

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                          You need to add the BP_Skydome into your level or the SSS won't get the sun's rotation.
                          If you want to use your own sky then you will have to set it up manually or you can set the SSS intensity to zero.
                          Thanks! That works perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post

I plan to make it easier to be able to use another sky but for now it is what it is

-----------------------------------

Current status of the 4.8 release:

Unfortunately I'm having an issue with the sample count.. the 4.8 SSR increases the sample count which end up giving me an exceed texture sample limit (16) error on compile.
                            So basically if I enable SSR then I have to disable the new foam that I have added.. also I want to add an extra set of "far distance" normals but the sample limit isn't going to let me do that it seems.

Do any of you guys know why this happens? I thought the texture limit was increased to 128 since 4.6.

Also I'm working on the "infinite" plane system, it works pretty good so far but I will need to find a solution for the sample count problem and add an extra set of normals or it won't look good at distance.
                            I heard it was supposed to be raised to 32. Maybe we will see it around DX12 implementation?

Comment

will changing texture samplers to 'shared wrap' work? thats how i get away with more than 16 textures in a landscape material.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFata View Post
                                I heard it was supposed to be raised to 32. Maybe we will see it around DX12 implementation?
                                If that's true then what did they mean by "up to 128 unique textures" in the 4.6 release notes? I'm confused

Originally posted by c0nr0y View Post
                                will changing texture samplers to 'shared wrap' work? thats how i get away with more than 16 textures in a landscape material.
                                All the texture samples are already set to shared wrap but that only seems to let me use a couple more textures at the most (or it doesn't make any difference at all).
                                I'm really hoping this is some kind of bug and not an actual material limitation.. I will make an answerhub post about this later.

I made a post about this in the forums yesterday but so far no reply (can any of you guys give it a bump to get more attention?)
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...on-with-tiling

Comment

Working...
                                X