This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
    I really dont remember. I was just trying to make a struct out of TK's buoyancy location and density values. The error only showed up in VS for me cause I had the wrong syntax, then fixed it, built it, Was fine and launched the project with changes no problem. So I dunno thats related to unrealbuildtool and your code. I'd guess its an issue in your code somewhere. Remove parts of your code peice by peice till you find the problem... thats basic debugging it sucks buts its one way to figure it out.
    Ok! thanks i have tried that tho. i even tryed with just the master branch and a fresh installed Unreal Engine but it still wont launch. :S sitting on windows 7 and Unreal 4.7.5, 4.7.3, i also tried 4.6.1 but i still get the same resault.

Could this have anything to do with which version of Unreal or whitch version of VS I'm using?
    Btw i read that the error LNK2019 can be a resault of missing lib files , unimported header files or declared but not defined vars/functions?

Edit:
    Not sure why but i switched from the master branch to TK's dev branch and now its working.
    Last edited by Jonatan Bergström; 04-22-2015, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ULLS View Post
      I finally had a chance to check out this project after much time reading through the thread and watching the videos/screenshots and I must say that it is a great project!! There were a couple of issues I noticed that I wanted to feedback...

1. Each time a chunk of terrain gets generated, there is a brief pause. I expect it is caused by a CPU spike but didn't have time to debug this....I will take a closer look this evening and get back to you.
      2. The shark is great however just like my grandfather, his teeth didn't appear to be in his mouth and he at one point started flying above the ocean (Granddad wishes he could fly above the ocean)

I'm actually quite keen on getting involved with this and will see if there's anything cool I can add to this project. Great work guys!!
      Haha, thanks for the laugh,

I need to re-import the shark model, I accidentally rotated him on import, and (for some reason?) this did not rotate his teeth along with him. The fish have code to prevent them from flying out of the water, but only if the trace line they draw hits something. BP_Ocean doesn't trigger this hit, so I need to probably make a float value for water height and just use that vs the endpoint of the line trace. The procedural terrain is laggy at the moment, just implemented it from another open source project I found online that recently has been updated for better performance . I would enjoy any help you're willing to provide!

Cheers,
      Komodo

Comment

Originally posted by Komodoman View Post
        Haha, thanks for the laugh,

I need to re-import the shark model, I accidentally rotated him on import, and (for some reason?) this did not rotate his teeth along with him. The fish have code to prevent them from flying out of the water, but only if the trace line they draw hits something. BP_Ocean doesn't trigger this hit, so I need to probably make a float value for water height and just use that vs the endpoint of the line trace. The procedural terrain is laggy at the moment, just implemented it from another open source project I found online that recently has been updated for better performance . I would enjoy any help you're willing to provide!

Cheers,
        Komodo
        I was able to get ray trace hits on BP_Ocean I cant rembmer exactly how though.
        Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Update: I will be uploading the "ships" update sometime tomorrow (or Sunday if something unexpected happens ), there are still some network jittering problems but there is no point in delaying the update any further.

I will also update the wiki (from github) when I have time with detailed information about buoyancy settings, how the per-poly collision ship is done etc.

-----------------------

Originally posted by ULLS View Post
          The shark is great however just like my grandfather, his teeth didn't appear to be in his mouth and he at one point started flying above the ocean (Granddad wishes he could fly above the ocean)
          I laughed way too hard at this

Have you checked the Min/Max Z configs in the fish manager?

Originally posted by Komodoman View Post
          The fish have code to prevent them from flying out of the water, but only if the trace line they draw hits something. BP_Ocean doesn't trigger this hit, so I need to probably make a float value for water height and just use that vs the endpoint of the line trace.
          You can add a thin box collision to the ocean mesh then set the collision and trace channels appropriately so that it only block trace but does not actually collide with anything.

But I don't think that would be the best method, you could easily get the world location Z of the BP_Ocean.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
          WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
          WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
            Update: I will be uploading the "ships" update sometime tomorrow (or Sunday if something unexpected happens ), there are still some network jittering problems but there is no point in delaying the update any further
            So something unexpected happened?
            Im really looking forward to this great update TK!

Comment

The "Ships" update is been uploaded as we speak

Please be patient as it is over 600Mb I'm uploading it into 4 parts so you can easily see the changed files (and code) in the github change log.

Wait for all the parts to be uploaded before downloading or things might be broken.

Comment

woohoo!

The "Ships" update has finally been uploaded!

Download TK's-Dev Branch

Github changelog
                ------------------

This is a huge update.. I had to spend literally hours to upload it and write the change list

The Change List:

Code commit:

-Removed the old buoyancy movement component.

-Added new buoyancy force component.
                It can be attached to any component so you can potentially have multiple
                buoyant objects in one blueprint if you need to.
                Also added support for skeletal meshes and per-bone density override!

-Added custom player controller.
                It includes custom function for entering/leaving a ship.

Also added custom console commands for easy debugging!

drawbuoyancypoints
                enablebuoyancy
                nogerstner
                nogerstnershader

Commit part2:

-Added BaseDepthFadeSoftness, SceneDepthSoftness & FoamDepthSoftness
                parameters to ocean bp.

-Added OceanExampleMap_02 with cubemap skylight reflections.

-Updated BP_BuoyantActor to include the new buoyancy force component and
                its parameters.

-Fixed M_Clouds material to not show when underwater.

Commit part3:

This part includes slightly modified assets from Epic (mostly particles
                from the elemental demo, cave effects demo etc.)

Commit part4:

The final and interesting part of this update!

-Added replication where necessary to support multiplayer (partially
                still WIP).

-Added example assets: wooden barrels, crate, cannon, icebergs,
                flag/sails (with apex cloth) & warship HMS Victory.

-Added sound fx: fire, cannon shots & ocean ambient.

-Added simple UI (UMG), with health bar, ship speedometer (knots) etc.
                Also added simple chatbox widget (you can chat in multiplayer!).

-Added custom (third person/true first person mix) character blueprint
                with multiplayer, death, respawn, and buoyancy support!
                It includes my (awesome) custom made physics asset with properly
                configured bone constraints so that we can have ragdolls with more
                realistic movement (definitely check out the suicide command to go into
                ragdoll mode!).

-Added simple drivable boat blueprint with (multiplayer support).
                You can easily swap the boat mesh to your own, adjust buoyancy points,
                and you are good to go!

-Added advanced warship blueprint with physics + per-poly collision
                (more info on that should be added to the wiki soon).
                It has health and sinking on death, also you can add cannons to it and
                fire them all at once.
                You can have a multiplayer naval battle with this!

-Added cannon blueprint with damage parameters which can be fired by a
                player individually or be connected and fired by a drivable ship.

-Added cannon ball projectile which can have different hit particle
                effects depending on what material it hit.
                Wood can catch on fire, ice will break to little pieces, metal will
                explode etc.

-Added StressTest map with warship battle to be used as benchmark.

-Updated OceanExampleMap_01 to include example boats, ships, cannons,
                buoyant objects & destructible icebergs.

---------------------------

Screens:

(Click for original size)

Experimental OceanExampleMap_02 with cubemap skylight reflections.

Last edited by TK-Master; 04-26-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Really awesome TK! Just been playing with it now - the shader looks really excellent now.

Comment

Hey guys. So I'm having an issue with the Day Night cycle again. I'm trying to set it up so I can have certain things happen when its night time and different things happen in the day time like playing music.
                    I've set the bool to take the current minute and if it is within the specified range, define that as day time. I divide the current minute by 60 to get the approximate hour so 480 = 8am and 950= is almost 4:50pm which is when the sun rises and sets.

For whatever reason when the bool is true, it thinks its night time so I had to swap the music in order to get it to work properly. I don't understand it.
                    -TorQueMoD
                    www.torquemod.com

Comment

Couldn't you have used a "NOT Boolean" instead?

Comment

iS this going to be for sale and usable in commercial projects? this looks amazing
                        Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I will probably pause working on the project until the final 4.8 release (which could take over a month?), since I will be focusing on my other projects
                          Rest assured though that when 4.8 comes out, the plugin will be updated as soon as possible.. not only for compatibility but to also take advantage of the new 4.8 features (such as screen space reflections).

Also I have plans to add:

-An infinite ocean plane system with configurable detail distance and LOD, which should also help with the performance a bit.
                          -An example map with stormy, rough/big ocean waves.
                          -Foam.

Comment

My improved version of the TK-Master's branch:

Comment

Originally posted by LambChops View Post
                              Couldn't you have used a "NOT Boolean" instead?
                              I didn't know there was such a thing. That would most likely fix the issue. Thanks
                              -TorQueMoD
                              www.torquemod.com

Comment

Hey,

This is looking great. I stumbled across this a little while looking into KhenaB's Ocean WIP. I'm new to UE4, but am interested in contributing to the project (and community) with my audio knowledge. I'm specifically interested in audio design for water - the visuals look fantastic, but the sound will help to make it feel real, right?

My suggestion right now is to apply a low pass filter for when submerged by mapping an audio volume across the underwater area. There is (presumably) a way to achieve this through Blueprints, but, you know... Occam's Razor.

EDIT: Now I've gone into the map I can see that you have included a filter. It wasn't noticeable as it doesn't follow the contour of the shore, so it's not noticeable until you're half a mile out at sea I would suggest intensifying the filter to make the difference in audio much more explicit. I appreciate this is more of a personal taste, but I think it'll really give a sense of being immersed in the water if the audio dulls considerably

EDIT 2: See my next post for more detail...
                                Last edited by Valkrie Sound; 05-09-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X