This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dijon View Post
    Copy-and-Paste of the values is what Nsomnia used as well, and if you know your way around the Buoyancy Movement Component (you are one of the people that I referred to in my earlier post about being comfortable with the current arrangement), then I can see what you mean. What I presented is something that I use myself for faster iteration. As you say, it's probably not for everyone. That said, even if Cam integrates it, you don't have to use it; it's just a helper.
    We've been discussing a couple ideas, but I think your solution would be ideal now that we have the TestPoint Struct in place. The buoyancy system is currently not very user friendly, so this would be a big help for setting it all up and making adjustments.

For that reason I will be implementing your solution, just looking over the code trying to figure out the best place to add this into the plugin. Thanks again for your help on this, if I run into any issues I will get in touch!
    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Need to remeber to get that crow and seagull!

I've got a basic time tracking system (minutes hours days months) for fake time compression. Working on using the slowmotion stuff in the API to try to do 8000x time compression where the physics and logic and everything keeps getting called but no draw calls. If anyones interested in the time ticking BP I can post it, its pretty simple though, take a look in the BP_Skydome and adjust it to your needs.
      Last edited by Nsomnia; 03-20-2015, 08:29 PM.
      Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Performance

Hey DotCam,

In your testing, you state: " I have a GTX 980, and it runs at 110fps in editor with OBS recording, and 120fps PIE with multiple buoyant"

I just built an i7 6-core, 980 GTX, 16 ddr4 and a 500 gig SSD. However, when I test from the master branch, I get ~73 fps in the editor and ~30 fps when I play in the editor. I've checked my world settings, tried on/off smooth frames under General, but nothing changes. I even left default Nvidia settings and don't see anything wrong there either. Any idea as to how you're getting significantly higher framerates?

Thanks
        Doug
        Last edited by dougb; 03-21-2015, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dougb View Post
          Hey DotCam,

In your testing, you state: " I have a GTX 980, and it runs at 110fps in editor with OBS recording, and 120fps PIE with multiple buoyant"

I just built an i7 6-core, 980 GTX, 16 ddr4 and a 500 gig SSD. However, when I test from the master branch, I get ~73 fps in the editor and ~30 fps when I play in the editor. I've checked my world settings, tried on/off smooth frames under General, but nothing changes. I even left default Nvidia settings and don't see anything wrong there either. Any idea as to how you're getting significantly higher framerates?

Thanks
          Doug
          I might know! I forgot to push a change in which mackerel's seperation multiplier is 7 instead of 3. You can change that easily in editor. That might give you like 10 frames. Also I believe he posted that framerate for an older build

Comment

Known Bug?

Click image for larger version

Name:	138ce24693506be0732fc8dd0ae3392e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	981.9 KB
ID:	1070937

Comment

Thanks Komodoman. I'll change the Mackerel's multiplier, but I still thought with this rig I'd get much higher framerates. Pretty disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by .modded View Post
                Known Bug?
                Yes this is a known bug that will be fixed shortly on the master branch. For now you can minimize the effect by making sure the ocean's Tessellation setting is at 1.0. You can find it in the Appearance section of the details panel with the ocean selected.

Originally posted by dougb View Post
                Thanks Komodoman. I'll change the Mackerel's multiplier, but I still thought with this rig I'd get much higher framerates. Pretty disappointing.
                Hey Doug,

The performance numbers listed in the original post were from the ocean blueprint, buoyancy code, and basic underwater PP/caustics. The fish AI system has added some more complexity to the project, and I too get similar framerates to those you mentioned above. The good news is all of the added parts are scalable, and we will be working on more aggressive LOD's soon to try and minimize the performance hit.

I will update that info in the first post asap.
                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Thanks DotCam. Just having built this system a few hours ago, I just wanted to ensure that I wasn't missing something in my settings. I'm working on a VR project so framerate is absolutely critical. 120fps in the editor = ~37fps in the rift.

Doug

Comment

DotCam, quick question about the river tool. I am trying to use it for quick river implementation in our game. We have alpha coming up soon. What baffles me is how to use it. I can use the regular spline tool just fine, but this not so much. It may be a stupid question, but how do you create more control points?

That's pretty much the only issue I am having. Although I would love to see the river tool expanded on and given more features.

EDIT: Also, is there an installation guide for version 1.0. Haven't done much with github before so I don't really know what I am doing. I guess an idiots guide would do the trick.
                    Last edited by joshezzell; 03-22-2015, 02:45 PM.
                    --
                    Joshua
                    Multimedia Artist, Druid Gameworks
                    www.joshuaezzell.com
                    www.druidgameworks.com

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the first version of my branch has been committed!

It also has a potential fix for the bug shown above by the way

TK's-Dev Branch on GitHub

First commit notes:
                      • Improved SSS that is also synced to sun's rotation.
                      • Added simple material fix for ocean disappearing at long distance.
                      • Added initial gerstner wave network sync (still WIP).
                      • Added new example map with smoother shore transition (plus other minor changes).
                      • Added more accurate method for when the camera goes underwater (check level blueprint).
                      • Added Source folder for easier plugin compilation :P

Lot's more cool stuff are on the works so keep an eye for that

Screen of second map:

(Click for original size)

PS: before you ask (or complain ), the ship is not functional!
                      I'm working on a drivable ship example though definitely look forward to that!

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                      WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                      WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Thank you all for the effort put into this! I am working on a project now where this fits perfectly.

A tip if you want to use it on rivers and stuff; http://teckartist.com/ Flowmap painter.

Comment

The new update fixed my wierd bug hat I had, when it didnt lag when I was in the foliage mode, but in the other modes
                          Thanks!
                          System
                          ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                          Artwork thread

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
                              Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the first version of my branch has been committed!

It also has a potential fix for the bug shown above by the way

TK's-Dev Branch on GitHub

First commit notes:
                              • Improved SSS that is also synced to sun's rotation.
                              • Added simple material fix for ocean disappearing at long distance.
                              • Added initial gerstner wave network sync (still WIP).
                              • Added new example map with smoother shore transition (plus other minor changes).
                              • Added more accurate method for when the camera goes underwater (check level blueprint).
                              • Added Source folder for easier plugin compilation :P

Lot's more cool stuff are on the works so keep an eye for that

Screen of second map:

(Click for original size)

PS: before you ask (or complain ), the ship is not functional!
                              I'm working on a drivable ship example though definitely look forward to that!
                              We have a driveable ship for the surface and submerged I dont know how much code my partner would want to give away but perhaps you guys can talk in private.

Gonna check out your branch and see how it looks.
                              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

I got a decent method for clouds that might be a good fit here. What sorts of capabilities would you guys like to see in a weather system?

Comment

Working...
                                X