Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hi guys!

    I'm triying to resolve some erros that I have with it..

    Now, first of all, what I did is download the "OceanDemo" that DotCam provides to us: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...R28&authuser=0

    (I'm in UE 4.6.1).

    To use it.. I have to use this project and modify it by myself to make my own project?

    Or I can do it different? (I want to remember that I'm in 4.6.1)

    Thanks!

    Comment


      Originally posted by SpykeRel04D View Post
      Hi guys!

      I'm triying to resolve some erros that I have with it..

      Now, first of all, what I did is download the "OceanDemo" that DotCam provides to us: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...R28&authuser=0

      (I'm in UE 4.6.1).

      To use it.. I have to use this project and modify it by myself to make my own project?

      Or I can do it different? (I want to remember that I'm in 4.6.1)

      Thanks!
      Sorry, that's something I have been meaning to do (create a 4.6.1 version of the project with the plugin on GitHub). From the link in your post it will be MUCH easier to use that project as a base, but with the plugin version that is not necessary.

      Are you able to upgrade to 4.7? I will need to re-create the project with the plugin for 4.6.1, was planning to do that over the weekend before all the plugin issues. I will try and get to it over the next couple of days.
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

      Comment


        Originally posted by DotCam View Post
        Sorry, that's something I have been meaning to do (create a 4.6.1 version of the project with the plugin on GitHub). From the link in your post it will be MUCH easier to use that project as a base, but with the plugin version that is not necessary.

        Are you able to upgrade to 4.7? I will need to re-create the project with the plugin for 4.6.1, was planning to do that over the weekend before all the plugin issues. I will try and get to it over the next couple of days.

        Thank you very much to answer me!

        Well.. My intention is not to upgrade to 4.7, because I'm doing a subject of UE4 at university, and in class we have 4.6.1.. And it may be cause some errors..

        If in class, I'll be able to install 4.7.3, I won't have any problem with the plugin no?
        It it's correct.. I'll try to do it.

        Thanks!

        EIDT:

        Now I'm triying it at home with 4.7.3..

        Can you give me the instructions for using it well?
        I was searching for it, and I didn't found.

        Thanks another time!
        Last edited by SpykeRel04D; 03-17-2015, 04:10 PM. Reason: I can only install 4.7.3

        Comment


          Hey Dotcam running into some issues with the Buoyancy so if I make a pole in the water with only two test points and assign one a +1 and the other a negative 1 the object will float in the middle and not toss or turn to the negative facing the bottom like it should. If you could build it for me and test this to see if my version of the project is corrupt that would be great

          Comment


            Hang on, I think its just my objects mass if I increase one side to +45 and then the other to -45 i finally see a topsy turny

            Comment


              Just realized the caustics and day/night cycle, swimming have all been implemented. Cant wait for weather the lightning asset is soo beautiful. The night time is so realistic too. I dont need to design a level I'll just use your setup for the ocean lol.

              No crashes, amazing performance, looks beautiful. Ahhhh.
              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

              Comment


                So is there anyway to use per-poly collision for everything but physics?
                Have the simple convex geometry for physics, and everything else collides per-poly with certain elements of my ship?

                Cause the kind of collision this ocean system needs for the physics to work properly is not compatible with the kind of collision that players and props need to collide properly with the ship.
                I either need to use both for different situations, or have 2 different convex collision sets.

                Or the ocean system needs to be able to pitch, roll, and bob the ship without a collision model or even without physics.

                Comment


                  @DotCam

                  Finally, I used the created project for 4.6.1 and adapt it with my Project

                  Thank you for all! When I have it so cool, I'll show it to you! :P

                  Comment


                    Hey guys,

                    Fantastic news. My friend and I have been working on a branch off of DotCam's oceanDemo and we have implemented both caustics and fish AI!!!! Check it out on GitHub (The underwater dev branch). And screenshot below for proof.

                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      Testing out the underwater dev branch now, may be more of what we need to build off. Think bringing your periscope up and seeing the yellow submarine fly by as an easter egg hah.

                      Edit: The caustics and vignette look great and the fish are nice I'll have to see if I can keep the perforamnce up on 16 ocean tiles. It instantiates so many fish as it is on 1.
                      Last edited by Nsomnia; 03-18-2015, 08:38 AM.
                      Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
                        Testing out the underwater dev branch now, may be more of what we need to build off. Think bringing your periscope up and seeing the yellow submarine fly by as an easter egg hah.

                        Edit: The caustics and vignette look great and the fish are nice I'll have to see if I can keep the perforamnce up on 16 ocean tiles. It instantiates so many fish as it is on 1.
                        You can control the amount of fish that spawn via the fish manager

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DIFTOW View Post
                          So is there anyway to use per-poly collision for everything but physics?
                          Have the simple convex geometry for physics, and everything else collides per-poly with certain elements of my ship?

                          Cause the kind of collision this ocean system needs for the physics to work properly is not compatible with the kind of collision that players and props need to collide properly with the ship.
                          I either need to use both for different situations, or have 2 different convex collision sets.

                          Or the ocean system needs to be able to pitch, roll, and bob the ship without a collision model or even without physics.
                          Your making a ship that people can walk on right? I had to create my own custom collision setup for that to work and its a pain, but it works.

                          Originally posted by Komodoman View Post
                          You can control the amount of fish that spawn via the fish manager

                          Yep. I hope the fish AI becomes a part of the main branch that can be used or not that would make it great for everyone no worrying that youll fall behind everyone elses updates and viseversa.
                          Last edited by Nsomnia; 03-18-2015, 08:45 AM.
                          Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
                            Yep. I hope the fish AI becomes a part of the main branch that can be used or not that would make it great for everyone no worrying that youll fall behind everyone elses updates and viseversa.
                            Don't see any problem with that. Just switch to master branch, pull, change branch and merge. Kaboom - you have an up-to-date code in your branch

                            Comment


                              It was only added last night guys!

                              But yes it will be merged, going over the changes this morning and will push it to master shortly!

                              The branches with "Dev" on the end will be for us working on new features before merging them back. Just makes it easier to test out new things.

                              EDIT: Ok it has been merged now
                              Last edited by DotCam; 03-18-2015, 01:48 PM.
                              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                              Comment


                                I've been following this thread for quite some time and wow, you guys are insane! (in a good way )
                                Are there any changes to the skydome as well or is the same like before?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X