X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by meuliano View Post
    Hello, I have been looking around for a water asset that will work with Forward Rendering and MSAA. This looks like an extremely big project with numerous parts that I don't necessarily need. I attempted to export only the base ocean folder to my project, but it said that it was missing its parent, which is the Ocean Manager, which I confirmed does exist in the folder. Is there anything specific I should do? Additionally, if anyone has tips on the best way to use this so that it not only looks good in VR but also doesn't destroy performance, I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Regards,
    Matt
    Matt,
    this Community Project is a C++ Plugin, all you need to do is to copy and paste the entire Ocean folder and you need to copy the entire Plugins folder inside your project folder. Your project need to be a C++ one. Once the copy and paste is finished, you right-click your project file (.uproject) and select "Generate Visual Studio project files" it will assemble your project including the plugin. Once you open your project double-clicking the .uproject file or via Launcher you will be asked to compile the plugin, which you will say yes.

It takes some time to understand the project parts and setup. I would recommend to get the original project and start to strip the elements you think you dont need and see the results to understand better (since it will start working already).

Several blueprints are based (derives from) classes in C++, so it is not possible in a easy way to make the whole project to work as blueprint only. The large gains using C++ directly in this project comes from the buoyancy, which is CPU bound, and will execute really fast, while a pure blueprint counterpart would not (unless nativization was used nowadays, but this didnt exist when the project started).

As for the type of water you need with Forward Rendering and MSAA, with some little changes in the various water materials we have inside the project you can use it with Forward Rendering and as for MSAA I didn't try myself changing the Project settings, be my guest. My current line of work is focused on the deferred render.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I have been looking around for a water asset that will work with Forward Rendering and MSAA. This looks like an extremely big project with numerous parts that I don't necessarily need. I attempted to export only the base ocean folder to my project, but it said that it was missing its parent, which is the Ocean Manager, which I confirmed does exist in the folder. Is there anything specific I should do? Additionally, if anyone has tips on the best way to use this so that it not only looks good in VR but also doesn't destroy performance, I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Regards,
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Which Ocean type is selected at BP_Ocean? Ocean Ultra?
    Recompiled and it works now. Thanks again for taking the time to assist. Do have a good evening.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I currently have Ocean w/ SSR & Foam selected. I have tried them all but no change in results.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ruztik View Post

Please do kindly note that it was in fact working last evening. It was upon restarting the engine this morning that this issue has occurred. There have been no software updates etc. Just a shutdown and a reboot.

Not sure what the cause is but I ave been pulling my hair out for hours ...

Leave a comment:

• replied

Inside the BP_Ocean, look for the section Ocean Manager and the values to control those features are called Global Wave Amplitude and Global Wave Speed respectively. I have checked and everything works fine with this version 4.18.3.
    Please do kindly note that it was in fact working last evening. It was upon restarting the engine this morning that this issue has occurred. There have been no software updates etc. Just a shutdown and a reboot.

Not sure what the cause is but I ave been pulling my hair out for hours ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Nilson:

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I have indeed tried this but with no success. It seems no matter what the values are the wave is unresponsive. Any ideas?

Appreciate the support

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MikeRPG View Post

Just want to say thanks for this solution, appreciate it a lot.
    My pleasure!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Is the postprocess material applied in the postprocess volume at your level?

PS: if you check the project in the PP_Gloval postprocess volume in the level, looking at the Rendering Features->Postprocess Materials you find the 1st entry at the array with M_Underwater_PP_Inst. The postprocess volume must be set with Infinite Extent (unbound) set.
    Just want to say thanks for this solution, appreciate it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ruztik View Post
    Good evening everyone:

I am having a issue where upon restarting the engine [v18.3] I am unable to control the wave size and speed any longer. I have been struggling with this and would greatly appreciate if there is anyone that may shed some light on the subject for me please. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Inside the BP_Ocean, look for the section Ocean Manager and the values to control those features are called Global Wave Amplitude and Global Wave Speed respectively. I have checked and everything works fine with this version 4.18.3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good evening everyone:

I am having a issue where upon restarting the engine [v18.3] I am unable to control the wave size and speed any longer. I have been struggling with this and would greatly appreciate if there is anyone that may shed some light on the subject for me please. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for your time.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Well, I told you what you need to accomplish what you want, which is already hard to find people to simply give the info... you probably will not find "the complete solution", but info on the parts that you would gather, understand, and put it together. While, nothing would please me more than doing it all and made a show about it, I also do need to understand that future generations (Im 50 years old atm) need to learn how to get there and this is the same what I do with everyone which works with and for me. I will grow as a professional in a solid way doing this!
    Been googling/youtubing around for couple of hours now and doesn't understand anything nor feel like I'm getting anywhere lol.
    Ima just take a break for now and deal with it another time, and/or just make a thread about it cuz if I were to start edit and playing around with the post process material I would most likely just ruin something. Like you said I will most likely never find the complete solution, which just makes everything even more confusing, being able to tell what would help me and what wouldn't lol.
    But yeah, for now Ima just take a break from it before my blonde head explodes.
    Thank you anyways for the help so far (Y)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post

You could give me a year of research and you would still find it out before me within 5 minutes, but I'll do my best and check the internet.. I just know that I'm terribly bad at it
    Well, I told you what you need to accomplish what you want, which is already hard to find people to simply give the info... you probably will not find "the complete solution", but info on the parts that you would gather, understand, and put it together. While, nothing would please me more than doing it all and made a show about it, I also do need to understand that future generations (Im 50 years old atm) need to learn how to get there and this is the same what I do with everyone which works with and for me. I will grow as a professional in a solid way doing this!

Leave a comment:

• replied

To cut a sphere shape from the post process "material" it is always possible to mask it inside that material. The best way to do it is using distance fields where you would put an invisible sphere covering what you want and get the value from distance field from it and subtract in the material from the effect, leaving a completely clean area... So far, this subtraction would need to occur only when the camera is inside the sphere, otherwise you would be seeing a hole (of half a hole when you have a dome) where the city is and this is not desirable, since what you want is to get rid of the underwater effect while inside the dome.

I dont have anything ready for this, but Im sure you will be able to accomplish this if you do the research... there is such effect in a tutorial somewhere in the internet.
    You could give me a year of research and you would still find it out before me within 5 minutes, but I'll do my best and check the internet.. I just know that I'm terribly bad at it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post

It it enabled
    I'll have a look at your answers later, thank you
    I'm sorry for being a pain in the *** again lol, but this will pretty much be my final question: but I was wondering if you knew how to make a sphere-mask on the underwater post process volume?
    I got two "ideas" in my head that I want to approach, either one of them or both (in seperate projects ofc).
    One would simply be a city above the water (which I can pretty much achieve now, I just wanted the underwater effect to work as well), but then there's the idea of an underwater city in a large "air bubble".
    So my question would be, is it possible to sort of cut out a sphere shape from the post process volume?
    I'll link some references below:

https://i.redd.it/egtj5m6dnlgy.jpg

https://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-con...1496154086.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKdpg-HTno
    To cut a sphere shape from the post process "material" it is always possible to mask it inside that material. The best way to do it is using distance fields where you would put an invisible sphere covering what you want and get the value from distance field from it and subtract in the material from the effect, leaving a completely clean area... So far, this subtraction would need to occur only when the camera is inside the sphere, otherwise you would be seeing a hole (of half a hole when you have a dome) where the city is and this is not desirable, since what you want is to get rid of the underwater effect while inside the dome.

I dont have anything ready for this, but Im sure you will be able to accomplish this if you do the research... there is such effect in a tutorial somewhere in the internet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X