Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update DotCam. However, when I try to load it I get a message about a .dll being compiled with an older version of the editor. Is this normal? Doesn't seem to want to recompile it on my end

Comment

Originally posted by nightfrontier View Post
      Thanks for the update DotCam. However, when I try to load it I get a message about a .dll being compiled with an older version of the editor. Is this normal? Doesn't seem to want to recompile it on my end
      Which version are you using? Sorry I should have mentioned it more clearly it is version 4.7.2 for the download above, are you using 4.7.2?
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
        Which version are you using? Sorry I should have mentioned it more clearly it is version 4.7.2 for the download above, are you using 4.7.2?

Thank you Dot I will test it ASAP. Me and Avo have just been prototyping over Skype but you'll love what we've got so far. It looks BEAUTIFUL, underwater is the only thing missing so far.

Is this considered version 1.2 of the project, for our organization purposes on BitBucket?
        Last edited by Nsomnia; 03-07-2015, 04:09 PM.
        Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
          Thank you Dot I will test it ASAP. Me and Avo have just been prototyping over Skype but you'll love what we've got so far. It looks BEAUTIFUL, underwater is the only thing missing so far.

Is this considered version 1.2 of the project, for our organization purposes on BitBucket?
          Yeah the underwater needs touching up, I have been focusing on the plugin instead for the past couple of days. Looks like the plugin is almost ready, fixed the bugs just doing more testing to make sure.

I would call this version 1.1.9 currently

1.2 will be the version uploaded to github later this weekend, I just wanted to post this up so you guys can start messing around with it adjusting the settings how you like, see what works best for you etc.

Comment

Yepp, I'm on 4.7.2 and I double checked that I used the correct version of OceanDemo, zip file called OceanDemo 4.7.zip

Might there be something else I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Yepp, I'm on 4.7.2 and I double checked that I used the correct version of OceanDemo, zip file called OceanDemo 4.7.zip

Might there be something else I'm doing wrong?
              I just re-zipped the project and tested it out and it is working so I just re-uploaded the project with this tested file, and updated the link above to the new file.

When you unzip the folder, go into the OceanDemo folder and double click on the OceanDemo.uproject file. It should pop up a box saying "The following modules are missing or built with different engine version ... Would you like to rebuild them now?" just press Yes and it will compile the source code and then load the project.

Here is the link (also added above) - <Link Removed - Now on GitHub>

GitHub Link - https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject
              Last edited by DotCam; 03-12-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Works fine. Guys make sure you uncheck "realtime" (click the first arrow in the viewport toolbar) otherwise it simulates conststantly and will leak memory like a *****. Is that unreal or do you have memory issues in the code? I'm not into memory managment yet so no idea.
                Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Alright, I suspect I need something else installed to properly recompile the source as it is I only get an error when trying to do so.

Comment

Got patrol working in the 4.7 with your new release works just fine for me. Thanks guys

Comment

Alright, I suspect I need something else installed to properly recompile the source as it is I only get an error when trying to do so.

Visual studio is needed to compile c++ scripts, Microsoft has released a community edition of VS 2013. Basically its everything in the pro version for teams of less than 5 people and I think no other restrictions.

The "warning" telling you the .pch files need to be compiled isnt an error. Just a dialog.

Comment

Hi DotCam, great to see all the effort you put in this! Im having the same .dll problem as nightfrontier. I tried to re-zipp it, but that didnt help.
                        Rebuilding the source didnt help either. Im on 7.2 and my project is also built in 7.2 Hope you can help me out!
                        System
                        ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                        Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by Frequia View Post
                          Hi DotCam, great to see all the effort you put in this! Im having the same .dll problem as nightfrontier. I tried to re-zipp it, but that didnt help.
                          Rebuilding the source didnt help either. Im on 7.2 and my project is also built in 7.2 Hope you can help me out!
                          Ok yeah you will need Visual Studio installed to use that download... I delete the prebuilt source files, binaries, and the reference link *.sdf file to reduce the download size. With those files included the download will be larger.

I will upload that file as well and attach it to this post when it has completed. So for clarity's sake:

If you have Visual Studio installed download here (257mb) - <Link Removed - Now on GitHub>

For those without Visual Studio download here (308mb) - <Link Removed - Now on GitHub>

GitHub Link - https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject

EDIT: My bad, looks like I shouldn't be removing the *.sdf database... It was working but I just tried a new copy with the same results.... sorry guys, will upload shortly
                          Last edited by DotCam; 03-12-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Ah, see I appreciate that, Im not a coder.
                            System
                            ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                            Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                              Ok yeah you will need Visual Studio installed to use that download... I delete the prebuilt source files, binaries, and the reference link *.sdf file to reduce the download size. With those files included the download will be much larger, currently 190mb will end up being at least 500mb compressed.

I will upload that file as well and attach it to this post when it has completed. So for clarity's sake:

If you have Visual Studio installed download here (190mb) -

For those without Visual Studio download here (500mb+) - <link will be added soon>

EDIT: My bad, looks like I shouldn't be removing the *.sdf database... It was working but I just tried a new copy with the same results.... sorry guys, will upload shortly
                              If it is cool with you I'd really appreciate such a download where I don't have to install Visual Studio. But then again it might be a good thing to have it installed if other projects may require you to recompile the source hehe :-)
                              Last edited by DotCam; 03-08-2015, 01:46 PM. Reason: removed link from quote (no longer in use)

Comment

Ok, new links are up! @nightfrontier I edited you post to remove the link that was in the quote, just to make sure it works I re-uploaded a new zip of the other link as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X