This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Zoc on github has updated my IWYU update, and made more fixes, he is also working on a few other bug reports on there. He is also merging in the 4.19 update. So now we have both projects (VaOcean) @ 4.19

This should increase our user base, and hopefully catch more attention. I'm glad to see the ball rolling from multiple people each working on separate features/issues.

I even have a guy on the slack channel working on (another) fft ocean. So hopefully we can steer away from that NVidia license soon.

While I don't agree with moving some things like timemanager to c++, there are somethings like the heavy math, buoyancy and get wave height ect that are better done in c++ and should just be exposed in blueprints.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have an idea of how to fix the fringing issues which ill try tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to obtain the WorldPosition for the widget (if it is a separate actor is easy and not relative to the moving actor, if the widget is inside as component of the movind actor, the actor's itself worldposition). It is important that the pivot in in the widget center (I guess it is by default).

The WorldPosition you will get (x, y, z) and feed the material in my video on the vector called Position. For the Radius you will need to find a way to obtain it in a way you can feed to the material. If you could hear my video, the main issue is to not have the distortion effect between your line of sight and the widget, meaning the radius for the mask (if is a sphere mask) will be centered in the widget position (granted that the pivot is in its center) and wide enough to reach your camera.

I was wondering, as I don't know exactly what you have in mind in your project, is it really worth get rid of the postprocess? I ask this because it brings an approximation of realism, so if you consider that in real life, anything you would look inside water is distorted, even more if it is an ocean. Just a thought.

When I have made the video you have watched, the person intention was to create an underwater city, so makes sense mask the inside. Duke's approach on his post above, is to mask the ocean itself, useful for boat's bottom and submerging things like that thing in the gif.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I recorded a video with some toughts and showing some stuff. It is not sort of a solution, but the sound is quite low in the recording, exchanged my motherboard few days ago and the drivers are probably not ok. This is it: https://youtu.be/5INScECw_K0
    Thanks for you help Nilson, I appreciate the time and effort. I am trying to mask out 3D widgets that will be attached to a moving actor underwater. Do you know how one would go about attaching the mask to an actor?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The real challenge is pulling this off:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rosencrutz View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to assist Nilson, will await your reply as time permits.
    I recorded a video with some toughts and showing some stuff. It is not sort of a solution, but the sound is quite low in the recording, exchanged my motherboard few days ago and the drivers are probably not ok. This is it: https://youtu.be/5INScECw_K0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for taking the time to assist Nilson, will await your reply as time permits.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rosencrutz View Post
    Good Evening Everyone:

May I kindly ask if anyone knows how to render 3D Widgets underwater that remain unaffected by the PP Volume?

I have been struggling with this all day, any guidance will be much appreciated
    I will check this out, but it is not difficult. Just need to get home.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good Evening Everyone:

May I kindly ask if anyone knows how to render 3D Widgets underwater that remain unaffected by the PP Volume?

I have been struggling with this all day, any guidance will be much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mhousse1247 View Post

Yeah , it's a very simple implementation , it can be used in complex situations too like boats or complex shapes (I will release an AI example soon covering boat physics and navigation) .
    The only limitation when using Blueprints only is how to get waves height using an optimal way!
    Great see you dropping by! ^_^

We do appreciate contributions on this! EvoPulseGaming is building a solid solution with Ocean and Weather consolidating everything in this WIP project here to be a good asset for everyone for FREE, so any contribution goes toward the community.

Leave a comment:

• replied

It was not working. There is a partial code in the repository, that I didn't care. The post above, about that buoyancy project I found, can help construct a buoyancy component. The only issue with that approach is that buoyancy is linear for the whole actor, so it would not work for complex objects, mainly long ones where you want to put separate buoyant components (like it is in the WIP Ocean) to handle differences in height, shape, weight for that particular spot. There are several ways of doing it, and probably the solution from the WIP Ocean can be used for VaOcean. Anyway, I usually focus on hard things first in any project, so definitely I will not look at buoyancy right now.

Right now, I put my hands in two different Tessendorf implementations with MIT licensing and Im doing some research because I think it is best to use a source code beyond margin of doubt than one which might cause troubles. The implementation if I find it suitable (I want it working for all platforms) I will share with you, so both projects can offer for all users the same method.
    Yeah , it's a very simple implementation , it can be used in complex situations too like boats or complex shapes (I will release an AI example soon covering boat physics and navigation) .
    The only limitation when using Blueprints only is how to get waves height using an optimal way!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EvoPulseGaming View Post

I'm confused, buoyancy is working for the ocean project... ?
    Buoyancy was removed from the developer branch of VaOcean, and I walked away after merging the master branch Buoyancy into the developer branch, and it did nothing.
    It was not working. There is a partial code in the repository, that I didn't care. The post above, about that buoyancy project I found, can help construct a buoyancy component. The only issue with that approach is that buoyancy is linear for the whole actor, so it would not work for complex objects, mainly long ones where you want to put separate buoyant components (like it is in the WIP Ocean) to handle differences in height, shape, weight for that particular spot. There are several ways of doing it, and probably the solution from the WIP Ocean can be used for VaOcean. Anyway, I usually focus on hard things first in any project, so definitely I will not look at buoyancy right now.

Right now, I put my hands in two different Tessendorf implementations with MIT licensing and Im doing some research because I think it is best to use a source code beyond margin of doubt than one which might cause troubles. The implementation if I find it suitable (I want it working for all platforms) I will share with you, so both projects can offer for all users the same method.

Leave a comment:

• replied

It does, but not actually working. EvoPulseGaming is looking at this. It was just interesting find that other implementation. Basically you just turn on physics in any mesh and check overlap event generation and you are done. Main issue is that using a separate componente for buoyancy is more flexible, since you can pinpoint which actor can have buoyancy or not, also reducing a bit the overall number of events being generated.
    I'm confused, buoyancy is working for the ocean project... ?
    Buoyancy was removed from the developer branch of VaOcean, and I walked away after merging the master branch Buoyancy into the developer branch, and it did nothing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by duke22 View Post

Doesn't this project already have buoyancy?
    It does, but not actually working. EvoPulseGaming is looking at this. It was just interesting find that other implementation. Basically you just turn on physics in any mesh and check overlap event generation and you are done. Main issue is that using a separate componente for buoyancy is more flexible, since you can pinpoint which actor can have buoyancy or not, also reducing a bit the overall number of events being generated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just saw this @ twitter. This fellow posted a simple project with simple buoyancy. I still didn't check it, but in the video was nice. http://ue4resources.com/3d-projects
    Doesn't this project already have buoyancy?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X