X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long does this project take to open dam

Comment

Originally posted by Masakralny View Post
      There's no way to turn off infinity Ocean generation ? Aaaand why ?!
      Because I don't see check box in BP Ocean options menu , maybe some modification in code or something ? i want to cover some square kilometers ,not infinite world
      In game PUBG there is a bug where you can fall through the ground and see the landscape from the bottom. I've noticed that the whole map is covered by the water without any gaps. So since the landscape is always higher than the water there is no problem in using infinite ocean system.

Comment

Hi people, I have only a short question about the waves ... I have spent some hours playing with the settings but unfortunately I have not received a satisfactory result.

I would like to create a lake with very calm water almost completely without waves - Similar to here:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SybOastSyo

The ocean comes with rather rough water and high waves, so it is difficult for me to see what settings are needed to "disable" the waves.

Does anyone have a tip and can briefly explain which settings are responsible for the waves to simulate a calm sea? That would be great. Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZENVIEW View Post
          Hi people, I have only a short question about the waves ... I have spent some hours playing with the settings but unfortunately I have not received a satisfactory result.

I would like to create a lake with very calm water almost completely without waves - Similar to here:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SybOastSyo

The ocean comes with rather rough water and high waves, so it is difficult for me to see what settings are needed to "disable" the waves.

Does anyone have a tip and can briefly explain which settings are responsible for the waves to simulate a calm sea? That would be great. Thanks in advance!!!
          At the BP_Ocean instance, you need to check at the properties down in the section called Ocean Manager. There you will find the parameters needed to do the change you want. Global Wave Speed and Global Wave Amplitude are the ones to give the approximate result you want. Notice that, this is a ocean shader and there isn't likely to behave differently in concept... having a calm water is just a side-effect on how the formulas work at the math.
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord:
          https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY
          UE4 Marketplace:
          Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post
            30'th post ranting about entitlement
            I have a SERIOUS **** problem with you gunning us down HARD, and as soon as you heard you might get a blueprint version of the ocean, you suddenly became okay with everything.
            ALSO, do not blame US, or anyone who put up the DCMA request for having an issue with someone selling FREE content.
            He could have EASILY submitted his changes to this project and YOU WOULD HAVE EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT.

And to finalize this, and end this once and for all:

A: We have copies of DotCam's original work, you can't protect stolen content, so quit with the epic policy stuff.
            B: DotCam and I have already discussed blueprint version of the ocean months ago, and its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
            (I'll send screen shots if you really need proof)
            C:Stop complaining, and help give back to the community and fix stuff and submit changes. If Johnathon had done this originally, instead of claiming it as his own work, we wouldn't be talking about this

D: There seems to be a history of people making copies of this project and making fixes and not giving back to this community. I promise, that if everyone had just taken their fixes and submitted them back here, this project would not have stalled the way it has.

E: DotCam is MIA.. since the last 3 or 4 months now.. with no word when/if he will/can come back. Its time for the community to step in.

The technical reason for the ocean not being in blueprints, is because a correctly done ocean will be shader based. If you can't work with it in c++, I don't expect HLSL to suit you any better. We were in the middle of making major changes right up until DotCam left. He has roughly 584 changes that he never committed. My work is dependent on those changes.and I cannot continue without them.

Without DotCam, the only chance this project has, is when NilsonLima releases his work. He is your best bet for a blueprint version, and that is purely up to him, because no one else is working on this project actively anymore.

What we need is a refresh, which means, a new thread, started by NilsonLima, with his version. Consider it a fork of this project.

I will repeat this one last time, but really clear: This thread/project is effectively dead. No one is submitting fixes, no one is working on it. Only NilsonLima is planning a release of any kind. Follow him, follow his new thread. Everyone on the planet knows where it started, credit had been given and defended many times to DotCam and Theokoles ect. But at 169 pages now, and only "maintenance" updates, we need to move on.

I ask that NilsonLima create a new thread, and that @moderators lock this thread until/if/when DotCam comes back.
            Last edited by EvoPulseGaming; 08-22-2018, 05:39 PM.
            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap
            Plugins:
            ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU || UniversalTimePlugin || UniversalSkyPlugin

Comment

qdelpeche Is it possible to lock this thread until we get some news about DotCam. (in this case unlock by his request or he can do it since he is a moderator aswel)

Everyone, I will continue this project in the following thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...n-water-shader and any other details and even a new GitHub repository if possible. All credits for this work will still be the same, will still be FREE and will be receiving community contributions as always!
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord:
              https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY
              UE4 Marketplace:
              Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

@NilsonLima: Thread locked for now. I will unlock when DotCam returns or there is a request to unlock this thread.

All users please use this thread for now: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...n-water-shader
                Quinton Delpeche
                Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Working...
                X