This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

There are different approaches one could tackle to do it. Distance Fields would do the trick but you have two issues: everything including landscape will affect the ocean material and depends a lot on your scene if thats ok or not, second is that at distance you start to lost precision and the mask size reduces in size, meaning that the far the camera is you will need to add some extra offset to compensate.

The pictures below show how to do it for opaque or translucent ocean/water material:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mask_opaque.png
Views:	508
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1512714

Click image for larger version

Name:	mask_trans.png
Views:	506
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1512715

Join the discord server for this project at: https://discord.gg/qwESbbW when I get time I will do a quick tutorial on different masking options, but I guess you will do just fine with the tip above. Of course the node connection above would multiply anything else placed in there just in case.
    Thank you for the help sir! I havent yet had time to really focus on it but I will try your blueprints and see if i can put this together. I did sign up for Discord. Hopefully Ill see you all there!

Comment

Just a few screenshots guys. Community Ocean + trueSky plugin. I love planar reflections.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	1513933Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	226.3 KB ID:	1513934Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	216.9 KB ID:	1513935Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	1513947Click image for larger version  Name:	10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	161.1 KB ID:	1513936
      Last edited by script526; 08-10-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by script526 View Post
        Just a few screenshots guys. Community Ocean + trueSky plugin. I love planar reflections.

Click image for larger version Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	1513933Click image for larger version Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	226.3 KB ID:	1513934Click image for larger version Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	216.9 KB ID:	1513935Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	1513947Click image for larger version Name:	10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	161.1 KB ID:	1513936
        Beautiful. I wish I had TrueSky.

Comment

script526, wonderful

Comment

I updated my engine to 4.20 quite a while ago, but recieves this error:

"The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: OceanPlugin. Would you like to rebuild them now?"

How do I move around this?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post
              I updated my engine to 4.20 quite a while ago, but recieves this error:

"The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: OceanPlugin. Would you like to rebuild them now?"

How do I move around this?
              Rebuild would be the next step when engine release changes, but sometimes engine's APIs change and it might require changes in the source code for a rebuild to succeed. We still didn't update the repository at GitHub with the 4.20 because we are in the process of heavy changes in the plugin.

You can just rebuild or open the .sln file and build from Visual Studio and then open the project again in the UE Editor.
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Can I align this gorgeous Plugin to Sphree surface somehow without code modification or if I must change something then where ?

Comment

Originally posted by Masakralny View Post
                  Can I align this gorgeous Plugin to Sphree surface somehow without code modification or if I must change something then where ?
                  Good question though. For space-travelling games.

Comment

Currently the Infinite Ocean System only works with a plane, so short answer is no. If you want to simulate a planet surface seen from above you will need to use a different material to show the oceans when approaching from space and only shift to the current ocean plugin when it is near enough for the details you want to show.
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Finally I figured it out

I have tried to make a project from scratch and the surprise is that i got exactly no underwater effect but only the wet lens effect as you did... and then I remembered that the only difference between those two effects was that one is the whole screen while the other need a special depth pass... which I confirmed opening the material to be a custom stencil.

So to fix you need to go to the project settings and set Custom-Depth Stencil Pass to: Enabled with Stencil

It could also be avoided if we both have copied the Config.ini file and overwritten the new project.

Cheers!
                      Thanks so much. I have been scouring this forum for 2 hours to get underwater working. I though their must be a problem with the z-index of all my actors being out of sync but no.....a simple project setting. Thanks so much!!!

Comment

There's no way to turn off infinity Ocean generation ? Aaaand why ?!
                        Because I don't see check box in BP Ocean options menu , maybe some modification in code or something ? i want to cover some square kilometers ,not infinite world
                        Last edited by Masakralny; 08-13-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Because I don't see check box in BP Ocean options menu , maybe some modification in code or something ? i want to cover some square kilometers ,not infinite world
                          The Infinity Ocean System is an illusion... it is based of a plane with high density triangle count in the middle and lower density near edges, which we scale its size according to the camera position, and this is to improve performance when the tessellation is in use, which if it is turned off, then it will not matter.

The project is free and made also on user contributions, so you can modify it as you wish in order to fulfill your needs
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

how long does this project take to open dam

Comment

In game PUBG there is a bug where you can fall through the ground and see the landscape from the bottom. I've noticed that the whole map is covered by the water without any gaps. So since the landscape is always higher than the water there is no problem in using infinite ocean system.

Comment

Hi people, I have only a short question about the waves ... I have spent some hours playing with the settings but unfortunately I have not received a satisfactory result.

I would like to create a lake with very calm water almost completely without waves - Similar to here:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SybOastSyo

The ocean comes with rather rough water and high waves, so it is difficult for me to see what settings are needed to "disable" the waves.

Does anyone have a tip and can briefly explain which settings are responsible for the waves to simulate a calm sea? That would be great. Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X