Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello. Thank you so much for this wonderful plug in. Really beautiful.

    Nevertheless, I encounter a problem. When I play in the editor, if I approach near the ocean, the image freezes. I can not move or turn the camera.

    Do you know how to fix that?

    I am using unreal engine version 4.19.2, and it is BP_Ocean that causes this problem.

    Comment


      Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post
      Hello. Thank you so much for this wonderful plug in. Really beautiful.

      Nevertheless, I encounter a problem. When I play in the editor, if I approach near the ocean, the image freezes. I can not move or turn the camera.

      Do you know how to fix that?

      I am using unreal engine version 4.19.2, and it is BP_Ocean that causes this problem.
      I don't know how to solve this issue, mainly because it doesn't happen with me. Did you make any changes in the code or is this happening in the original project from Github? Which Map are you playing? Which version for the Ocean material? Which is the camera mode in use set in the BP_Ocean?
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

      UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

      Comment


        Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

        I don't know how to solve this issue, mainly because it doesn't happen with me. Did you make any changes in the code or is this happening in the original project from Github? Which Map are you playing? Which version for the Ocean material? Which is the camera mode in use set in the BP_Ocean?
        Thanks for the help. I did not make any changes to the code. The problem occurs after plugin migration in my project. The Ocean Shader version I'm using is UE4.19 compatible. The name of the GitHub archive is OceanProject-423ebed16e12de92bb9007766fc8a0efb2539d3d. And all camera modes have exactly the same problem.

        I tested all ocean presets (SSR and Foam, etc.), same result. I tested in launching the game in all possible modes (stand alone, simulate, etc. ..), same result ..

        I do not know what to do.. please

        Comment


          Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post

          Thanks for the help. I did not make any changes to the code. The problem occurs after plugin migration in my project. The Ocean Shader version I'm using is UE4.19 compatible. The name of the GitHub archive is OceanProject-423ebed16e12de92bb9007766fc8a0efb2539d3d. And all camera modes have exactly the same problem.

          I tested all ocean presets (SSR and Foam, etc.), same result. I tested in launching the game in all possible modes (stand alone, simulate, etc. ..), same result ..

          I do not know what to do.. please
          How did you migrate the assets? Did you follow this video?
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

          UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

          Comment


            Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

            How did you migrate the assets? Did you follow this video?
            Ha ok.. I have migrate in my blue print project. No C++. Is this really mandatory? Can I migrate my project in your project and activate blue print?

            Comment


              Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post

              Ha ok.. I have migrate in my blue print project. No C++. Is this really mandatory? Can I migrate my project in your project and activate blue print?
              If you follow the video step by step, you can migrate the whole C++ plugin into your Blueprint project. The resulting project will be C++ project after the migration.
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

              UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

              Comment


                Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                If you follow the video step by step, you can migrate the whole C++ plugin into your Blueprint project. The resulting project will be C++ project after the migration.
                Super !! Thank you very much for your help.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by EvoPulseGaming View Post

                  I want this crystal clear:
                  I sent DotCam a copy of OceanX
                  Interesting .... Isn't sending a copy of a purchased item off the Marketplace a violation of EPIC policy?

                  So you violate EPIC policy, to prove someone was violating EPIC policy.... nice!
                  Last edited by CrashA51; 08-04-2018, 11:35 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post

                    Interesting .... Isn't sending a copy of a purchased item off the Marketplace a violation of EPIC policy?

                    So you violate EPIC policy, to prove someone was violating EPIC policy.... nice!
                    Hmm few things about that asset: it was set on the marketplace for US$ 0 (zero), second you can provide a copy of a purchased asset for people you work as a team and they can use it, and in this case Evo is part of a team with DotCam and myself as project administrator for this Community Ocean, in this case there is no harm or something against the policy happened. Anyone can join the discord server for this project and/or see that in GitHub Evo and myself also have administration privileges!

                    Nilson Lima
                    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

                    UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                    Comment


                      Not sure what you are talking about ....

                      I got a refund for Ocean X... did you get a free copy? How did you get the free copy? I know he tried to give it away for free, but EPIC forced him to charge.

                      If you or anyone else had a free copy, you broke EPIC's rules.

                      Besides, this all went down before you were on this so called "team." Isn't that right? So you were doing exactly what you were accusing him of doing.

                      I am not a big proponent of situational ethics...

                      Ocean X was a great water shader for those of us that like BPs, and buy off the Marketplace. Now we don't have it any more because of you. So thanks.

                      He took something, and made it better, in only a few months. The other marketplace shader mentioned, still lacks transparency, after years of promises, and I believe the dev also was part of this project, before he packaged and sold his own ocean shader, which shares a lot of code with this community project, as do all water shaders.

                      All these accusations of "stealing" the work of someone else, coming from devs, come on, get real, you do the same, so does everyone (Q-Dos). In coding, there is not a lot of room for originality. All this reminds me of the guy trying to copyright the word "Aloha."

                      You should have helped this talented kid, and mentored him, instead of crushing him. I find it hard to believe that DotCam was part of this, or even cared if someone used his work on this community project in order to produce another water shader for the community.

                      Since we are discussing this "team copy" idea, it is hard to top the Ocean shader in Sea of Thieves. Do you think your "team" could get us "the community" all a copy of their shader... so we can make sure they did not copy any water surface shader off the Marketplace, or this community project? If you pull that off, can you also get us the custom vertex shaders, destruction LODs, engine optimizations used in Fortnite... I would like to check and make sure they did not copy anything from this community project as well....


                      Last edited by CrashA51; 08-04-2018, 07:47 PM.

                      Comment


                        CrashA51, enough already. It's been what, a year now? Let it go, man. Stop polluting the forums with this nonsense.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post
                          Not sure what you are talking about ....

                          I got a refund for Ocean X... did you get a free copy? How did you get the free copy? I know he tried to give it away for free, but EPIC forced him to charge.

                          If you or anyone else had a free copy, you broke EPIC's rules.

                          Besides, this all went down before you were on this so called "team." Isn't that right? So you were doing exactly what you were accusing him of doing.

                          I am not a big proponent of situational ethics...

                          Ocean X was a great water shader for those of us that like BPs, and buy off the Marketplace. Now we don't have it any more because of you. So thanks.

                          He took something, and made it better, in only a few months. The other marketplace shader mentioned, still lacks transparency, after years of promises, and I believe the dev also was part of this project, before he packaged and sold his own ocean shader, which shares a lot of code with this community project, as do all water shaders.

                          All these accusations of "stealing" the work of someone else, coming from devs, come on, get real, you do the same, so does everyone (Q-Dos). In coding, there is not a lot of room for originality. All this reminds me of the guy trying to copyright the word "Aloha."

                          You should have helped this talented kid, and mentored him, instead of crushing him. I find it hard to believe that DotCam was part of this, or even cared if someone used his work on this community project in order to produce another water shader for the community.

                          Since we are discussing this "team copy" idea, it is hard to top the Ocean shader in Sea of Thieves. Do you think your "team" could get us "the community" all a copy of their shader... so we can make sure they did not copy any water surface shader off the Marketplace, or this community project? If you pull that off, can you also get us the custom vertex shaders, destruction LODs, engine optimizations used in Fortnite... I would like to check and make sure they did not copy anything from this community project as well....

                          If you have Physical Water Surface from Theokoles and you had access to that OceanX, OceanXY or NeOcean and you liked those water better, nothing stops you (since no one is seeing) from using the water shader and putting in place. If you don't do it, I think is because you are a correct person and thinks as many you are more secure regarding copyright issues if you grab an approved asset from the marketplace. That asset clearly copied more content from Physical Water Surface (the buoyancy was the most notorious, with even comments and var names) than the community ocean itself, but he used several portions, tricks and hits commented in this forum by community ocean and decided to sell it instead of keeping the nature of the project.

                          Furthermore, DotCam himself spoke with the marketplace team about those assets and this is a quote from the response DotCam shared with us: "Just to clarify, the product that was removed for copyright violation was NeOcean. OceanX and OceanXY were not removed by Marketplace team, the seller asked us to remove them on his own and they weren't part of the investigation or DMCA takedown." The takedown were asked by Theokoles.

                          If you want more details you can ask DotCam so he can reply that e-mail for you. As for the OceanX thing... it was set on the marketplace for a short period for free, and sold 698 copies, which after realizing the selling potential the seller (Johnathan) decided to have a proffit instead. He is the one to blame for leaving people without a blueprint option. You believe what you want, I believe in the evidences. As I said, you don't need to take my words for true and ask DotCam yourself, he is also a forum moderator and have access to any deleted forum message to prove all the inquiring that seller made for other community ocean users to understand their changes and incorporate into his product aswel.

                          I think that for now, you might want to discuss your issues in private with the involved people and even try to ask the marketplace team if those infos proceed.
                          Nilson Lima
                          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

                          UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by speedpacer View Post
                            CrashA51, enough already. It's been what, a year now? Let it go, man. Stop polluting the forums with this nonsense.
                            When did ethics and following EPIC's rules become nonsense? When did it become pollution to speak the truth and stand up for people that can't defend themselves? You don't understand, and this is very important.

                            Many people are abusing EPIC conduct of behavior, including sellers... they are falsely accusing others, of what they are doing. And they are getting away with it, because people like you are enabling them..... Because of this, we the community are still without a descent full feature water shader on the Marketplace. We had one, but "someone" made sure it was taken down.

                            Lima, just stop, you and I both know that not a single thing you said in any of these post are true.

                            You were not even part of this "team" when all this went down. You and others, and the mentioned seller, passed around code you were not allowed to, under EPIC policy, to build a false case against someone, and had him crushed, removed from the Marketplace ... and then you set yourselves up to run this community ocean project. Very self-serving ...

                            FYI, up to 80 percent of code can be use by others, in their projects, and it is perfectly legal, and right, and it is done by everyone, including you, including EPIC, including the richest man in the world. The Marketplace is about learning, sharing, code! Johnathan enhanced the surface shader, and this project, in only weeks, to the point that we the "community" finally, after years of stagnation, had an ocean shader on the par with Sea of Thieves, that looked fantastic above the below the water line, and he tried to give it to the community for FREE... and it was in BPs!

                            It was "whoever" that wanted to protect their rice bowls, and refused to work with him, and he was forced to sell his work, because he was not allowed to give it away for free.

                            For those of you who are happy with this C++ plug-in, and the other Marketplace surface only water shaders, fine, have at it.... this looks great, and a lot of people have invested a lot of time in this... but it is not in the form that we all want... a surface and sub-surface, full feature ocean shader, in BPs, on the Marketplace.

                            An offer was made a long time ago to take this, put in in BPs, and sell it on the Marketplace... that never happened.

                            Then a young 20 year old comes along, breathes life in EPIC water shaders, and gives us what many of us want, a BP implementation, that we can modify, and enhance, and not have to go through so much spaghetti code to make changes. And it was great..... and on the Marketplace ... then a false case was built against him, and his offering was removed, and we are back where we were years ago....

                            Very unethical, and we the "community" are still without a descent water shader on the Marketplace, because of this...

                            The "seller asked us to remove," ... who is the "us" you are referring to?

                            Well, never mind... I am not going to get a truthful answer anyways. Enough said..... Lets move on.

                            Bottom line, many of us that use the Marketplace, and support it with our real bucks, want this, or something like Ocean X, back on the Markeplace, and in BPs if possible. Can you C++ devs running this show now, fulfill that promise made over a year ago, to put this on the Marketplace, and in BPs......

                            Just asking .... don't need a dissertation of the optimization of C++ plug-ins over BPs ..... there are valid reasons for wanting BPs....






                            Comment


                              Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post
                              Lima, just stop, you and I both know that not a single thing you said in any of these post are true.

                              You were not even part of this "team" when all this went down. You and others, and the mentioned seller, passed around code you were not allowed to, under EPIC policy, to build a false case against someone, and had him crushed, removed from the Marketplace ... and then you set yourselves up to run this community ocean project. Very self-serving ...
                              Well, it is not productive discuss this ahead, but I have purchased NeOcean (which I was happy with) and got it refunded by Epic. I asked them and they told me it was taked down because of copyright issues, I got the e-mails as proof and even the purchase receipt. I have made myself some videos about NeOcean and posted the results on twitter and with my assets in the marketplace, as a mean to show how the reflection worked well, just to see myself promoting an asset with copyright issues that let me to take down my posts and videos. I was encouraging Johnathan in his posts, we exchanged e-mail and offered him help, but them he LIED to me telling about what he copied and I ended checking the material myself to confirm that was not only what he told me about.

                              The "us" in my previous post was WellActually from the marketplace team giving the info for DotCam by e-mail. The asset was not taken down because of me, because of EvoPulseGaming or DotCam. We just knew about it way after. The person to fill the complaint with Epic was Theokoles or someone else, maybe both.

                              I didn't mention in any post that I had access to any asset or when, so you can't infer if that happened or when happened. I didn't purchase OceanX, but I did purchase NeOcean and the copyright infringement was blunt, the buoyancy, the meshes for the ocean plane still had the original import information point the original creator (which was not Johnathan), comments, variable names, things that I confirmed only when the asset went down, not earlier.

                              I feel the complaints you brought are fair regarding the fact that there is no good blueprint water shader in the marketplace, and that the plugin ones lacks features, but you are encouraged to base your work on whatever source and create it for your own use, several people just purchase assets on the marketplace as a start point, they change it for their use, but they are not allowed to sell it, which is also Epic's MP rules. Of course depending on the amount of changes it might reach to a point a product might start to look so different, that might become hard to tell if it is based of not on something.

                              I hope I clarified the points, because otherwise I feel we might start being moderated in the thread, which would not serve at all the community or us. So, if any moderator find any comment here are misplaced, I will not complain.
                              Nilson Lima
                              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

                              UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post

                                Bottom line, many of us that use the Marketplace, and support it with our real bucks, want this, or something like Ocean X, back on the Markeplace, and in BPs if possible. Can you C++ devs running this show now, fulfill that promise made over a year ago, to put this on the Marketplace, and in BPs......
                                I will discuss with DotCam if it is OK to have a BP version based of the community ocean, it only needs the infinite ocean system and buoyancy converted to blueprint. Regarding performance it will be fine if using bp nativization. It is not a promisse, he is the ultimate person to agree to this.
                                Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

                                UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X