Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    @NilsonLima In the video on 32:25 when the sky is orange you're connecting the SkySphere to Directional Light and the sky turns into blue but the ocean still keeps reflecting the orange color a little bit. How do you avoid this? Thanks in advance!

    Comment


      Originally posted by script526 View Post
      @NilsonLima In the video on 32:25 when the sky is orange you're connecting the SkySphere to Directional Light and the sky turns into blue but the ocean still keeps reflecting the orange color a little bit. How do you avoid this? Thanks in advance!
      Basically it goes off when you hit play, because the sky is one blueprint and it takes the sunlight vector on its own, while the ocean uses another blueprint to retrieve the sunlight vector and stores it in a Material Parameter Collection which is only updated during play.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

      UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

      Comment


        NilsonLima alright thanks!

        Comment


          Hello. Thank you so much for this wonderful plug in. Really beautiful.

          Nevertheless, I encounter a problem. When I play in the editor, if I approach near the ocean, the image freezes. I can not move or turn the camera.

          Do you know how to fix that?

          I am using unreal engine version 4.19.2, and it is BP_Ocean that causes this problem.

          Comment


            Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post
            Hello. Thank you so much for this wonderful plug in. Really beautiful.

            Nevertheless, I encounter a problem. When I play in the editor, if I approach near the ocean, the image freezes. I can not move or turn the camera.

            Do you know how to fix that?

            I am using unreal engine version 4.19.2, and it is BP_Ocean that causes this problem.
            I don't know how to solve this issue, mainly because it doesn't happen with me. Did you make any changes in the code or is this happening in the original project from Github? Which Map are you playing? Which version for the Ocean material? Which is the camera mode in use set in the BP_Ocean?
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

            UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

            Comment


              Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

              I don't know how to solve this issue, mainly because it doesn't happen with me. Did you make any changes in the code or is this happening in the original project from Github? Which Map are you playing? Which version for the Ocean material? Which is the camera mode in use set in the BP_Ocean?
              Thanks for the help. I did not make any changes to the code. The problem occurs after plugin migration in my project. The Ocean Shader version I'm using is UE4.19 compatible. The name of the GitHub archive is OceanProject-423ebed16e12de92bb9007766fc8a0efb2539d3d. And all camera modes have exactly the same problem.

              I tested all ocean presets (SSR and Foam, etc.), same result. I tested in launching the game in all possible modes (stand alone, simulate, etc. ..), same result ..

              I do not know what to do.. please

              Comment


                Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post

                Thanks for the help. I did not make any changes to the code. The problem occurs after plugin migration in my project. The Ocean Shader version I'm using is UE4.19 compatible. The name of the GitHub archive is OceanProject-423ebed16e12de92bb9007766fc8a0efb2539d3d. And all camera modes have exactly the same problem.

                I tested all ocean presets (SSR and Foam, etc.), same result. I tested in launching the game in all possible modes (stand alone, simulate, etc. ..), same result ..

                I do not know what to do.. please
                How did you migrate the assets? Did you follow this video?
                Nilson Lima
                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                Comment


                  Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                  How did you migrate the assets? Did you follow this video?
                  Ha ok.. I have migrate in my blue print project. No C++. Is this really mandatory? Can I migrate my project in your project and activate blue print?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post

                    Ha ok.. I have migrate in my blue print project. No C++. Is this really mandatory? Can I migrate my project in your project and activate blue print?
                    If you follow the video step by step, you can migrate the whole C++ plugin into your Blueprint project. The resulting project will be C++ project after the migration.
                    Nilson Lima
                    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                    UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                      If you follow the video step by step, you can migrate the whole C++ plugin into your Blueprint project. The resulting project will be C++ project after the migration.
                      Super !! Thank you very much for your help.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by EvoPulseGaming View Post

                        I want this crystal clear:
                        I sent DotCam a copy of OceanX
                        Interesting .... Isn't sending a copy of a purchased item off the Marketplace a violation of EPIC policy?

                        So you violate EPIC policy, to prove someone was violating EPIC policy.... nice!
                        Last edited by CrashA51; 08-04-2018, 11:35 AM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post

                          Interesting .... Isn't sending a copy of a purchased item off the Marketplace a violation of EPIC policy?

                          So you violate EPIC policy, to prove someone was violating EPIC policy.... nice!
                          Hmm few things about that asset: it was set on the marketplace for US$ 0 (zero), second you can provide a copy of a purchased asset for people you work as a team and they can use it, and in this case Evo is part of a team with DotCam and myself as project administrator for this Community Ocean, in this case there is no harm or something against the policy happened. Anyone can join the discord server for this project and/or see that in GitHub Evo and myself also have administration privileges!

                          Nilson Lima
                          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                          UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                          Comment


                            Not sure what you are talking about ....

                            I got a refund for Ocean X... did you get a free copy? How did you get the free copy? I know he tried to give it away for free, but EPIC forced him to charge.

                            If you or anyone else had a free copy, you broke EPIC's rules.

                            Besides, this all went down before you were on this so called "team." Isn't that right? So you were doing exactly what you were accusing him of doing.

                            I am not a big proponent of situational ethics...

                            Ocean X was a great water shader for those of us that like BPs, and buy off the Marketplace. Now we don't have it any more because of you. So thanks.

                            He took something, and made it better, in only a few months. The other marketplace shader mentioned, still lacks transparency, after years of promises, and I believe the dev also was part of this project, before he packaged and sold his own ocean shader, which shares a lot of code with this community project, as do all water shaders.

                            All these accusations of "stealing" the work of someone else, coming from devs, come on, get real, you do the same, so does everyone (Q-Dos). In coding, there is not a lot of room for originality. All this reminds me of the guy trying to copyright the word "Aloha."

                            You should have helped this talented kid, and mentored him, instead of crushing him. I find it hard to believe that DotCam was part of this, or even cared if someone used his work on this community project in order to produce another water shader for the community.

                            Since we are discussing this "team copy" idea, it is hard to top the Ocean shader in Sea of Thieves. Do you think your "team" could get us "the community" all a copy of their shader... so we can make sure they did not copy any water surface shader off the Marketplace, or this community project? If you pull that off, can you also get us the custom vertex shaders, destruction LODs, engine optimizations used in Fortnite... I would like to check and make sure they did not copy anything from this community project as well....


                            Last edited by CrashA51; 08-04-2018, 07:47 PM.

                            Comment


                              CrashA51, enough already. It's been what, a year now? Let it go, man. Stop polluting the forums with this nonsense.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by CrashA51 View Post
                                Not sure what you are talking about ....

                                I got a refund for Ocean X... did you get a free copy? How did you get the free copy? I know he tried to give it away for free, but EPIC forced him to charge.

                                If you or anyone else had a free copy, you broke EPIC's rules.

                                Besides, this all went down before you were on this so called "team." Isn't that right? So you were doing exactly what you were accusing him of doing.

                                I am not a big proponent of situational ethics...

                                Ocean X was a great water shader for those of us that like BPs, and buy off the Marketplace. Now we don't have it any more because of you. So thanks.

                                He took something, and made it better, in only a few months. The other marketplace shader mentioned, still lacks transparency, after years of promises, and I believe the dev also was part of this project, before he packaged and sold his own ocean shader, which shares a lot of code with this community project, as do all water shaders.

                                All these accusations of "stealing" the work of someone else, coming from devs, come on, get real, you do the same, so does everyone (Q-Dos). In coding, there is not a lot of room for originality. All this reminds me of the guy trying to copyright the word "Aloha."

                                You should have helped this talented kid, and mentored him, instead of crushing him. I find it hard to believe that DotCam was part of this, or even cared if someone used his work on this community project in order to produce another water shader for the community.

                                Since we are discussing this "team copy" idea, it is hard to top the Ocean shader in Sea of Thieves. Do you think your "team" could get us "the community" all a copy of their shader... so we can make sure they did not copy any water surface shader off the Marketplace, or this community project? If you pull that off, can you also get us the custom vertex shaders, destruction LODs, engine optimizations used in Fortnite... I would like to check and make sure they did not copy anything from this community project as well....

                                If you have Physical Water Surface from Theokoles and you had access to that OceanX, OceanXY or NeOcean and you liked those water better, nothing stops you (since no one is seeing) from using the water shader and putting in place. If you don't do it, I think is because you are a correct person and thinks as many you are more secure regarding copyright issues if you grab an approved asset from the marketplace. That asset clearly copied more content from Physical Water Surface (the buoyancy was the most notorious, with even comments and var names) than the community ocean itself, but he used several portions, tricks and hits commented in this forum by community ocean and decided to sell it instead of keeping the nature of the project.

                                Furthermore, DotCam himself spoke with the marketplace team about those assets and this is a quote from the response DotCam shared with us: "Just to clarify, the product that was removed for copyright violation was NeOcean. OceanX and OceanXY were not removed by Marketplace team, the seller asked us to remove them on his own and they weren't part of the investigation or DMCA takedown." The takedown were asked by Theokoles.

                                If you want more details you can ask DotCam so he can reply that e-mail for you. As for the OceanX thing... it was set on the marketplace for a short period for free, and sold 698 copies, which after realizing the selling potential the seller (Johnathan) decided to have a proffit instead. He is the one to blame for leaving people without a blueprint option. You believe what you want, I believe in the evidences. As I said, you don't need to take my words for true and ask DotCam yourself, he is also a forum moderator and have access to any deleted forum message to prove all the inquiring that seller made for other community ocean users to understand their changes and incorporate into his product aswel.

                                I think that for now, you might want to discuss your issues in private with the involved people and even try to ask the marketplace team if those infos proceed.
                                Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                                UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X