This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotCam View Post

Actually you don't need to worry about it if you have a BP_Underwater actor in your level and have both the Ocean and Swim Volumes set, you can even set it up so the swim volume follows your character around by enabling it in the BP_Underwater details panel. The BP_Underwater actor will automatically set the swim volume to the same level as the ocean surface.

Just make sure these 2 are set and the Swim Volume extends far enough in your level (or enable the option to have it follow player)
    Click image for larger version Name:	bpunderwater.JPG Views:	1 Size:	185.1 KB ID:	1493252

On a side note, there has been a simple fix for a performance gain added to BP_Underwater to prevent it from performing things like the follow and visual updates on Tick unless the character is near the water, it will be in the next update (which will be out very soon!).
    Superb, thanks Mr DotCam!
    Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jamesmoore
    Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/James.Moore

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Finally I figured it out

I have tried to make a project from scratch and the surprise is that i got exactly no underwater effect but only the wet lens effect as you did... and then I remembered that the only difference between those two effects was that one is the whole screen while the other need a special depth pass... which I confirmed opening the material to be a custom stencil.

So to fix you need to go to the project settings and set Custom-Depth Stencil Pass to: Enabled with Stencil

It could also be avoided if we both have copied the Config.ini file and overwritten the new project.

Cheers!
      The underwater material cannot be seen in this map of OceanStorm. The settings are the same as you say and are valid in other maps.

Comment

Can i use this in my project ? , and how can i copy this without breaking the code?

Comment

Originally posted by Estebantr View Post
          Can i use this in my project ? , and how can i copy this without breaking the code?
          Yes, you can use in your projects, it is free. You are only forbidden to modify it and resell it in source form, please check the license file attached into GitHub.

As for copying without breaking you can refer to this video, with a step-by-step. Just know that this is a C++ plugin & Blueprint asset, so you will need Microsoft Visual Studio installed to make things easier. The video:
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Hi,

First off thanks to all who have contributed to this amazing project.

I've been having a lot of issues trying to get the buoyancy component to work, every time I add buoyancy to something like a simple sphere unreal engine instantly crashes. Not sure why as I can run all the example maps fine without unreal crashing. But every time I try and add buoyancy to a custom object like a basic sphere/cube unreal engine instantly crashes when you press the play button. This happens with all of the various type buoyancy components.

I can add the ocean BP to my scenes just fine with no crashes, but when adding a buoyancy component unreal just crashes on play.

It seems like it's coming from the ocean manager class and I have no idea why. I can also reproduce the crash in the example files by just adding the ocean manager class
            to the level. As soon as I do that and press play unreal will hard crash.

Not sure what I'm missing I've followed the tutorials for setting it up for your own projects and didn't get any errors during the setup. I can add the buoyancy component items fine in blueprints
            setup things up and compile and save the blueprints fine. But on play unreal instantly crashes.

using version 4.19.2 and the latest version of ocean project from github.

Any ideas as to what is causing the crash?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by skywaves View Post
              Hi,

First off thanks to all who have contributed to this amazing project.

I've been having a lot of issues trying to get the buoyancy component to work, every time I add buoyancy to something like a simple sphere unreal engine instantly crashes. Not sure why as I can run all the example maps fine without unreal crashing. But every time I try and add buoyancy to a custom object like a basic sphere/cube unreal engine instantly crashes when you press the play button. This happens with all of the various type buoyancy components.

I can add the ocean BP to my scenes just fine with no crashes, but when adding a buoyancy component unreal just crashes on play.

It seems like it's coming from the ocean manager class and I have no idea why. I can also reproduce the crash in the example files by just adding the ocean manager class
              to the level. As soon as I do that and press play unreal will hard crash.

Not sure what I'm missing I've followed the tutorials for setting it up for your own projects and didn't get any errors during the setup. I can add the buoyancy component items fine in blueprints
              setup things up and compile and save the blueprints fine. But on play unreal instantly crashes.

using version 4.19.2 and the latest version of ocean project from github.

Any ideas as to what is causing the crash?

Thanks for any help.

I will check this for you, meanwhile why don't you get in touch with us by Discord. It will make life easier and the amount of ppl online there might cast some light on other issues you may encounter: https://discord.gg/qwESbbW
              Nilson Lima

Comment

skywaves I would have to look if in the github history any issue related were fixed, but I have access for the wip version about to be released in few weeks targeting 4.19.2 and it is working fine. See if you are using the steps on this video (I am uploading at the moment) :

Last edited by NilsonLima; 07-03-2018, 05:31 PM.
                Nilson Lima

Comment

Awesome, thanks for that video. It really helped with getting things to work, when i was first attempting to add buoyancy to my objects, I was following the buoyancy tutorial from Handkor.

After doing it your way without adding the ocean manager class to the level it worked we no hard crash in unreal engine.

Many thanks again. The crashing was driving me nuts

Comment

Originally posted by skywaves View Post
                    Awesome, thanks for that video. It really helped with getting things to work, when i was first attempting to add buoyancy to my objects, I was following the buoyancy tutorial from Handkor.

After doing it your way without adding the ocean manager class to the level it worked we no hard crash in unreal engine.

Many thanks again. The crashing was driving me nuts
                    Few post earlier I have posted another video on how to migrate the assets to another project and no need to tap with the C++ base classes, all can be correctly done with the blueprints deriving from them. Don't forget to join the Discord server with the link I provided earlier aswel (if you didnt already), other tutorials like this will be added and soon DotCam will release updates that will make this asset even better!
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Few post earlier I have posted another video on how to migrate the assets to another project and no need to tap with the C++ base classes, all can be correctly done with the blueprints deriving from them. Don't forget to join the Discord server with the link I provided earlier aswel (if you didnt already), other tutorials like this will be added and soon DotCam will release updates that will make this asset even better!
                      Great, look forward to the updates. l'll also take a look at your other video as well and join the discord.

Thanks.

Comment

Is it possible for anyone to convert this project to 4.20 Preview and share this branch ?
                        I tried to do it myself but I got a few errors related to Visual Studio and I've no clue how to solve this myself.
                        Don't bother if it's too much work. I imagine 4.20 is pretty close to being released anyway
                        Last edited by Cultor; 07-05-2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cultor View Post
                          Is it possible for anyone to convert this project to 4.20 Preview and share this branch ?
                          I tried to do it myself but I got a few errors related to Visual Studio and I've no clue how to solve this myself.
                          Don't bother if it's too much work. I imagine 4.20 is pretty close to being released anyway
                          We are working several changes into the package and we are closely testing it with 4.20. The release will be almost same time and the package will be even better, stay tunned!
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

Ah that's great news ! Can't wait to try it out again

Comment

Been playing around with this release for awhile and i just want to say great work! I was wondering though is it possible to make the waves smaller? I myself have not figured that out yet

Comment

Great great great job !
                                Follow me @MrLamino

Comment

Working...
                                X