X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CommandOfTheSea View Post
    Hi everybody,

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_35299.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	1473880

is anybody else having problems with the "wake" material too? I think since updating to UE4.17 (or maybe 4.16) the wake is almost invisible. I've played a bit around with it and I think it has to do something with the wake material's translucency, but so far I wasn't able to determine what's really causing it's invisibility.

Maybe somebody else here already found a solution?
    There is an opacity value for the wake material which you can set. Probably it looks good for the original ocean colors found in the project, but you might need to tweak it when the ocean colors are darker or lighter.
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Check-out my discord server using the link found in my signature. Support and also gamedev chat with people
      Nilson Lima

Comment

MagicBlueFrog No news from Epic about the issue. I have created the bug report and sent a project download link. We have to wait a bit more I guess.
        Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

There is an opacity value for the wake material which you can set. Probably it looks good for the original ocean colors found in the project, but you might need to tweak it when the ocean colors are darker or lighter.
          I know, that was one of the first things I've played around with. But for me the wake doesn't even show up in a fresh, untouched "ocean project". Although by looking at the shadow complexity (F5) during gameplay it's visible that the actors for the wake get spawned properly...

Comment

I know, that was one of the first things I've played around with. But for me the wake doesn't even show up in a fresh, untouched "ocean project". Although by looking at the shadow complexity (F5) during gameplay it's visible that the actors for the wake get spawned properly...
            I need to look into this. I didn't play with it much because the project I have applied didn't use the feature.
            Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I need to look into this. I didn't play with it much because the project I have applied didn't use the feature.
              I'm working on the project right now, can look into it too

@CommandOfTheSea Which ocean material are you using? Is that the Opaque material?
              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post

I'm working on the project right now, can look into it too

@CommandOfTheSea Which ocean material are you using? Is that the Opaque material?
                Thanks, the material in use is M_Ocean_Ultra"

I'm actually trying it again with the default Ocean Project on the "IslandMap" and UE4.18.3

There's no visible wake behind "BP_Fishboat", although Shadow Complexity view (F5) shows that the actors for the wake get spawned. I think it's like that since UE4.16

BTW, if you change the base color of the wake material to a plain red, and the opacity to 1 you can see a slight darker shadow in the water, so the material itself is really there, it's for some reason just almost invisible...
                Last edited by CommandOfTheSea; 05-11-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

DotCam are u working or planning to work on the volumetric clouds feature please ?

u have just made my day with the trello cards this morning

Comment

Thanks, the material in use is M_Ocean_Ultra"

I'm actually trying it again with the default Ocean Project on the "IslandMap" and UE4.18.3

There's no visible wake behind "BP_Fishboat", although Shadow Complexity view (F5) shows that the actors for the wake get spawned. I think it's like that since UE4.16

BTW, if you change the base color of the wake material to a plain red, and the opacity to 1 you can see a slight darker shadow in the water, so the material itself is really there, it's for some reason just almost invisible...
                    Yeah I can see what you mean, it's doing pretty much nothing at the moment... I'll keep working on it today and see if I can figure out what's going wrong, probably a material setting, but will let you know when I figure it out!

Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
                    DotCam are u working or planning to work on the volumetric clouds feature please ?

u have just made my day with the trello cards this morning
                    Yes, Trello is back! Still needs a lot of cleanup, but it's somewhat usable now.

Once I finish getting the project into a clean and (as close to) bug free state as possible over the coming days, yes I will be working on it. I can't promise any time frame right now, but it's very high on my list as many other features depend on it, so I hope to have more news on it soon.

-----------------------------------------------------

This is probably overkill, but I started to set up a little Discord server for people to get help with the project and share ideas/code a couple evenings ago, is anyone interested in something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                      Yes, Trello is back! Still needs a lot of cleanup, but it's somewhat usable now.

Once I finish getting the project into a clean and (as close to) bug free state as possible over the coming days, yes I will be working on it. I can't promise any time frame right now, but it's very high on my list as many other features depend on it, so I hope to have more news on it soon.
                      this is a great news !

Comment

Alright I guess I will just post this here and see how many people are interested, easier than waiting for a reply here...

Click here if you want to join the new OceanProject Discord server!

Comment

sorry for the noob question,but what is this discord thing?

i have clicked the link and gave me some sort of chat room where i cannot post messages ....;p

Comment

Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
                            sorry for the noob question,but what is this discord thing?

i have clicked the link and gave me some sort of chat room where i cannot post messages ....;p
                            You need to click on the channels at the left, like the lounge where ppl chat more... you can basically type in and people will respond... we saw you there, but you wrote nothing when we sent a hello
                            Nilson Lima

Comment

Hey guys,

This thread is becoming a bit unmanageable now that it is 63 pages, 2500+ posts. This thread was started in 2014 and there are many posts here that discuss features and issues that either no longer exist, or have been changed so much the information posted is incorrect. So I would like to know your opinions about how to proceed.

Here's a quick poll I whipped up:
                              https://www.strawpoll.me/15692042

If a new thread is created, this thread would be locked so no further comments can be made, but all posts will remain untouched. A link would be provided in the first post on the new thread back to here for reference.

I also would like to move this discussion over to the Community Content & Tools section instead of Work in Progress. This is of course still a WIP project, but has enough features to warrant the move.

Thanks for your input!! And don't forget to join us on Discord if you need any help with the project, or just want to chat.

Comment

MagicBlueFrog I got the bug listed now at this link: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-59149, so it was indeed reproduced by the dev team and is on the track for a fix. It is useful for everyone to help this out by going to the issue and vote it for more attention for a fix.
                                ​​​​​​​
                                Nilson Lima

Comment

Working...
                                X