This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi, seems an awesome project. Downloading it now. May I ask what the usage terms are? Can I use this in my own project? (This would be a non-commercial project, released freely)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EvoPulseGaming View Post
    NilsonLima Also another user reported the same gray water under linux using opengl 14 and M_Inst_Ocean_Nogerstber
    This could be a packaging issue, or it could be something that is windows only in the ocean code...
    I tried 4.17 and 4.18 without luck too. If we were talking on packaging for something different that DX12 SM5 I would expect some issue, but a Windows build versus XBox build should not bring any issue at this level. My dev kits didn't arrive yet so I am not able to try this (I could if I had a XBox lol Im a PS4 guy).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NilsonLima Also another user reported the same gray water under linux using opengl 14 and M_Inst_Ocean_Nogerstber
    This could be a packaging issue, or it could be something that is windows only in the ocean code...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NijoMeister View Post
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue building a game with the Ocean Plugin as I get an error like this and I never had it before.
    fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'E:\UNREAL ENGINE\UE_4.19\Engine\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-OceanPlugin.lib'.
    Did you just rebuild the plugin under UE 4.19? If yes, just click on the .uproject file and select Generate Visual Studio Project files, open the .sln and try to build again. Once you succeed, you can close and double click the .uproject file to open the the UE editor.
    Last edited by NilsonLima; 03-28-2018, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue building a game with the Ocean Plugin as I get an error like this and I never had it before.
    fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'E:\UNREAL ENGINE\UE_4.19\Engine\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-OceanPlugin.lib'.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Your issue here is that TrueSky doesn't know how to behave when there is a translucent material, this is called sorting issue, and happens with these materials. I am making a small video to show you an idea on how to fix, but I really don't know if it will. Note that the second method works but every other translucency material applied must have the sort priority variable set aswell, so the 1st method is prefered if TryeSky allows it.

Please, let us know if this worked or not intrus03 !

The video will be live in 20min approx.
    Hello Nilson,

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it very much.

Unfortunately neither of the two solutions works.

I have checked as you said that the M_Ocean_Ultra material has "Render After DOF" enabled.

As you said, the Truesky does not have the "Translucency Sort Priority", and if I change it in BP_Ocean actor (OceanPlane, DepthPlaneUnderside, DepthPlaneTopside meshes) to -1, it remains the same behavior.

Thank you very much for everything, but it seems that this doesn't have a simple solution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AmbiguousInt View Post

Xbox One only uses SM5 as its DX12. PS4 uses SM5 as well.
    Yes, I know, in fact I knew since you said you got it updated already, when it was DX11 the SM5 was not possible, I had this in my mind and asked nonetheless, sorry.

I tried hard to cause the issue, but Im afraid this has something to do with the dev kit (Epic's part). The ocean materials you mentioned all of them are instances from M_OceanSSR. I have used the M_Inst_Ocean_SSR_Foam_Cubemap and it works in editor with SM4 selected, but when you package if fails and ask for SM5. So, the issue does not has anything regarding Shader Model. The usual behavior for anything which has high cost under certain scalability settings is to become invisible, which is not happening in your case.

As Im lacking a kit to have the same ability than you, the only thing I can tell you to experiment is an optimization on the ocean plane and see how it will behave:
    - open the BP_Ocean
    - select each of the 3 meshes there
    - in the details panel at right, look for the attribute called "Treat as Background for Occlusion" and make sure it is checked for each mesh.
    - package and see if the issue still there.

If this still doesnt work, but changed anything, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied

And in this case which is the shader model set when packaging for Xbox? In my tests it is not working with SM4 only SM5, but I still need to rip some things off before calling out that this need is from the ocen itself.
    Xbox One only uses SM5 as its DX12. PS4 uses SM5 as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I am indeed testing it on an Xbox One Kit, specifically Xbox One S. It has the most recent update as well.
    And in this case which is the shader model set when packaging for Xbox? In my tests it is not working with SM4 only SM5, but I still need to rip some things off before calling out that this need is from the ocen itself.

Leave a comment:

• replied

While I finish more testing, I have found something that might cause issues:

- not 100% if it is the ocean of another component in my test, but something is requiring Shader Model 5 when I attempted running the build I have packaged to Shader Model 4, usually I only use SM5.
    - as Im not testing in a XBox One kit, it is interesting to know if you are using one and how updated it is, because older models support only SM4 and not SM5. If you dont have the kit and are developing inside a pure console it is interesting to know the model to track this.

I will still try to break stuff here.
    I am indeed testing it on an Xbox One Kit, specifically Xbox One S. It has the most recent update as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied

To clarify, I never used the ocean shader until yesterday morning so I'm not entirely sure 4.16 version of the ocean shader has the same issue. I looked into this thread into other possible Xbox users and only found one person, and he had crashes with scene color. It doesn't crash anymore so I guess that's a plus.
    While I finish more testing, I have found something that might cause issues:

- not 100% if it is the ocean of another component in my test, but something is requiring Shader Model 5 when I attempted running the build I have packaged to Shader Model 4, usually I only use SM5.
    - as Im not testing in a XBox One kit, it is interesting to know if you are using one and how updated it is, because older models support only SM4 and not SM5. If you dont have the kit and are developing inside a pure console it is interesting to know the model to track this.

I will still try to break stuff here.

Leave a comment:

• replied

There was quite some changes from 4.16 to 4.19. I guess the only think I can do to help is trying to cause the issue here somehow. Give me some more time to look into this.
    To clarify, I never used the ocean shader until yesterday morning so I'm not entirely sure 4.16 version of the ocean shader has the same issue. I looked into this thread into other possible Xbox users and only found one person, and he had crashes with scene color. It doesn't crash anymore so I guess that's a plus.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Yeah it is running on high scalability. Changing it to any other still wouldn't work.

And sadly never had a 4.18.3 source, as it requires certain Xbox SDK updates so I avoided constantly updating the engine. Latest SDK I had was around 4.16.
    There was quite some changes from 4.16 to 4.19. I guess the only think I can do to help is trying to cause the issue here somehow. Give me some more time to look into this.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Which is the scalability settings at that running screen? High?

I don't think it is an instruction amount restriction, but some feature in use not enabled. Is it possible to build a small sample in 4.18.3 and check if the same issue happens? It would be a good idea do it to see if this is not some new issue brought by 4.19.
    Yeah it is running on high scalability. Changing it to any other still wouldn't work.

And sadly never had a 4.18.3 source, as it requires certain Xbox SDK updates so I avoided constantly updating the engine. Latest SDK I had was around 4.16.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Nope, just pops that message out when compiling for Xbox, doesn't show anything else. Makes debugging pretty hard. I used a simpler shader and it works just fine now.
    Which is the scalability settings at that running screen? High?

I don't think it is an instruction amount restriction, but some feature in use not enabled. Is it possible to build a small sample in 4.18.3 and check if the same issue happens? It would be a good idea do it to see if this is not some new issue brought by 4.19.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X