X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doggy90402 View Post
    Hi Nilson,

Thanks. that pretty much clears up all my confusions. Amazing. Thumbs up. i added a terrain, it looks wonderful. and it has wet lens effect upon leaving water! Really cannot get this far without your help. Thanks again. My next move would be creating a swim animation, and i notice currently it cannot dive but OceanProject can. And no buoyancy so it doesn't move to the ocean surface once it is under water. hehe.

Click image for larger version Name:	terrain-min.png Views:	1 Size:	568.9 KB ID:	1462480
    The water volume isnt necessary at all, it just creates a resistance against the water. You will need to learn how to add the buoyancy from the example with the meshes, boat, etc. and setting the points accordingly, unfortunetely I didn't it myself, so I can't guide you through this. There is an excellent set of swim animations in the marketplace for a fair price in my opinion, you should take a look. You will need to get used to deal with blueprint animations to make it right, but Im sure will worth the effort.

Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Manfred View Post
      First of all: Awesome project!

Secondly: Is the Landscape Modulation broken with UE 4.19? I can't seem to get it to work. Tweaking the settings back and forth and see no difference in behavior on shallow waters or near the shore.

Thirdly: Is there any documentation available?
      1st: Thanks the community and the initial creators, we do what we can to support this!

2nd: I am not sure if there is anything broken, but I will take a look at it. I dealt with this quite some time ago and I don't remember out of my head without taking a look at the whole thing again by opening the project. The modulation could happen with the data from the landscape or when providing the hightmap which was used for its generation. There is a copy of the hightmap used for the terrain in the OceanProject. If the project is supporting correctly the data from the landscape without that hightmap is something I need to double check.

3rd: The documentation available is this long thread to be honest and this info at the github: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

When I get the opportunity to check this, I will let you know.
      Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
        BigaC if you check previous posts I have made a video showing exactly this. Pag 150 post 2249
        Thanks a lot!

Other question:

The wiki "How to Add to my project" section says the simplest thing is, if I copy Ocean and other BPs to my level from Ocean demo project, avoiding manually set different parameters.
        I can copy the Ocean and Fish BPs but I cant paste. UE4 doesnt show any error just no paste happened in my level (Paste item is active and I see the copied stuff in text if I pase it for example to notepad).
        What I do wrong?
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BigaC View Post

Thanks a lot!

Other question:

The wiki "How to Add to my project" section says the simplest thing is, if I copy Ocean and other BPs to my level from Ocean demo project, avoiding manually set different parameters.
          I can copy the Ocean and Fish BPs but I cant paste. UE4 doesnt show any error just no paste happened in my level (Paste item is active and I see the copied stuff in text if I pase it for example to notepad).
          What I do wrong?
          thanks
          Copy items from one project to another is accomplished using the mouse right-click and choosing Migrate. Once the window open to choose the destination project you need to choose the Content folder of the destination project . This is the best method of copying, since it will also migrate the dependencies. However, this has a C++ plugin that you will need to copy manually. I have posted in previous comments, the step-by-step for creating a new project, since it includes the plugin copy procedure.

PS: When migrating, you can do it on the folder level and it will also do on all items inside that folder.
          Last edited by NilsonLima; 04-18-2018, 07:15 AM.
          Nilson Lima

Comment

Hello!

I have the following problem with Underwater level/scene, it works fine in Preview and Standalone modes but crashes if I package the project.
            It doesnt find a FlockFish struct or source, but I copied all stuff as described, the missing source is also in Plugins.
            Any advice?

thanks

Comment

Hello!

I have the following problem with Underwater level/scene, it works fine in Preview and Standalone modes but crashes if I package the project.
              It doesnt find a FlockFish struct or source, but I copied all stuff as described, the missing source is also in Plugins.
              Any advice?

thanks

Does the packaging work with the original project? Just to make sure our contents are the same.

PS: I checked there, all works. Maybe when you migrated, it only migrates the stuff you was using, anything else not copied and if you try to use, like the fish and fishmanager, they uses componentes created inside the C++ plugin. then you will also need to migrate the Fish folder.
              Last edited by NilsonLima; 04-20-2018, 11:15 AM.
              Nilson Lima

Comment

I'm having some trouble with this. I've tried using the wiki guide for implementing this, and I've done multiple attempts. The weird thing is that, each attempt has had a different outcome. The first time, none of the blueprints would copy over from Ocean Project's world outliner, but everything else copied over just fine (directional light, fog, etc). The second attempt, BP_Ocean2 was the only blueprint to successfully copy over, and everything else still copied over just fine. Why does Unreal prevent some or all of the blueprints from Ocean Project from being imported into my world outliner? And how do I get around this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Manfred View Post
                  First of all: Awesome project!

Secondly: Is the Landscape Modulation broken with UE 4.19? I can't seem to get it to work. Tweaking the settings back and forth and see no difference in behavior on shallow waters or near the shore.

Thirdly: Is there any documentation available?
                  I have checked the code and everything for the landscape modulation is there and the code is sound, but for it to work you need to feed the heightmap texture inside the Ocean Manager section in the BP_Ocean blueprint... beware that there are two heightmaps asked for the blueprint, the 1st one are for the waves, the second which is inside the Ocean Manager section is the correct one.
                  Nilson Lima

Comment

When I tried rendering out a series of JPEG images with the sequencer, the waves became very choppy and do not look good at all...is there a current workaround for this?

EDIT: It's the LOD on the foam I think. Let's say computing power wasn't a problem. How can I max out the LOD of the ocean?
                    Last edited by Ethandale; 04-21-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethandale View Post
                      When I tried rendering out a series of JPEG images with the sequencer, the waves became very choppy and do not look good at all...is there a current workaround for this?

EDIT: It's the LOD on the foam I think. Let's say computing power wasn't a problem. How can I max out the LOD of the ocean?
                      Do you mind of posting a short video showing the result for us?
                      Nilson Lima

Comment

Do you mind of posting a short video showing the result for us?
                        Yes, of course! I love this project and it's community, and I'd like to use it/help you improve it in any way.

Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErB-...​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Ethandale View Post

Yes, of course! I love this project and it's community, and I'd like to use it/help you improve it in any way.

Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErB-...ature=youtu.be
                          The foams are just placed on the wave crests using a simple height calculation. The Ocean material is set into a plane surface which moves with the camera in order to make you think the Ocean is infinite, when in reality it is not, and this plane has its triangles with more density near camera and less triangles far away. I think the result we are seeing here happens because the camera used with Sequencer is not the one repositioning the plane, meaning you will have less triangles depending on the spot you are in, meaning you will lose height for the waves since there are less triangles to make the displacement look better.

I will check the code and try to tell you if this is precisely whats going on and how to workaround this. My first thought without taking a look at it, is for you to save the character attached camera position and drive its position with Sequencer for later you recover the original position.
                          ​​​​​​​
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

The foams are just placed on the wave crests using a simple height calculation. The Ocean material is set into a plane surface which moves with the camera in order to make you think the Ocean is infinite, when in reality it is not, and this plane has its triangles with more density near camera and less triangles far away. I think the result we are seeing here happens because the camera used with Sequencer is not the one repositioning the plane, meaning you will have less triangles depending on the spot you are in, meaning you will lose height for the waves since there are less triangles to make the displacement look better.

I will check the code and try to tell you if this is precisely whats going on and how to workaround this. My first thought without taking a look at it, is for you to save the character attached camera position and drive its position with Sequencer for later you recover the original position.
                            I tried moving the character that is default in the scene, and unfortunately, that did not fix the problem. I'm hoping there's a way to change that in the blueprint or something! Thanks for your response!

Comment

Does the packaging work with the original project? Just to make sure our contents are the same.

PS: I checked there, all works. Maybe when you migrated, it only migrates the stuff you was using, anything else not copied and if you try to use, like the fish and fishmanager, they uses componentes created inside the C++ plugin. then you will also need to migrate the Fish folder.
                              thanks, but unfortunately after migrating Fish, I see all files from Fish folder are in my project, but it still doesnt find superstructure FlockFish and crashes. (only in packaged version)

Comment

thanks, but unfortunately after migrating Fish, I see all files from Fish folder are in my project, but it still doesnt find superstructure FlockFish and crashes. (only in packaged version)
                                Is the OceanPlugin copied and enabled? Something is missing from the instructions.

From a post I have sent to another forum user one or two pages behind, these are the instructions:

"
                                These are the steps you need to take for the Ocean setup in a new project, follow them consistently:

- create a C++ Project (can be any type: 3rd person, 1st person, none of them)
                                - exit the visual studio
                                - exit UE4 editor and open the OceanProject in editor
                                - locate the ocean folder, right-click on it and select Migrate... with the windows opened select the project you created before and point to its Content folder
                                - exit UE4 editor
                                - inside the OceanProject folder copy the folder called Plugins and paste it inside the project folder you created before
                                - enter the project folder you created before, right click on the file with extension .uproject, select Generate Visual Studio Project files
                                - wait the conclusion
                                - open your project
                                - the last step now, is that you need to enable the Ocean Plugin, restart the editor as asked and you are ready to go
                                "
                                Last edited by NilsonLima; 04-24-2018, 06:25 AM.
                                Nilson Lima

Comment

Working...
                                X