This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmbiguousInt View Post

Xbox One only uses SM5 as its DX12. PS4 uses SM5 as well.
    Yes, I know, in fact I knew since you said you got it updated already, when it was DX11 the SM5 was not possible, I had this in my mind and asked nonetheless, sorry.

I tried hard to cause the issue, but Im afraid this has something to do with the dev kit (Epic's part). The ocean materials you mentioned all of them are instances from M_OceanSSR. I have used the M_Inst_Ocean_SSR_Foam_Cubemap and it works in editor with SM4 selected, but when you package if fails and ask for SM5. So, the issue does not has anything regarding Shader Model. The usual behavior for anything which has high cost under certain scalability settings is to become invisible, which is not happening in your case.

As Im lacking a kit to have the same ability than you, the only thing I can tell you to experiment is an optimization on the ocean plane and see how it will behave:
    - open the BP_Ocean
    - select each of the 3 meshes there
    - in the details panel at right, look for the attribute called "Treat as Background for Occlusion" and make sure it is checked for each mesh.
    - package and see if the issue still there.

If this still doesnt work, but changed anything, let me know.

Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Your issue here is that TrueSky doesn't know how to behave when there is a translucent material, this is called sorting issue, and happens with these materials. I am making a small video to show you an idea on how to fix, but I really don't know if it will. Note that the second method works but every other translucency material applied must have the sort priority variable set aswell, so the 1st method is prefered if TryeSky allows it.

Please, let us know if this worked or not intrus03 !

The video will be live in 20min approx.
      Hello Nilson,

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it very much.

Unfortunately neither of the two solutions works.

I have checked as you said that the M_Ocean_Ultra material has "Render After DOF" enabled.

As you said, the Truesky does not have the "Translucency Sort Priority", and if I change it in BP_Ocean actor (OceanPlane, DepthPlaneUnderside, DepthPlaneTopside meshes) to -1, it remains the same behavior.

Thank you very much for everything, but it seems that this doesn't have a simple solution.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm having an issue building a game with the Ocean Plugin as I get an error like this and I never had it before.
        fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'E:\UNREAL ENGINE\UE_4.19\Engine\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-OceanPlugin.lib'.

Comment

Originally posted by NijoMeister View Post
          Hi guys, I'm having an issue building a game with the Ocean Plugin as I get an error like this and I never had it before.
          fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'E:\UNREAL ENGINE\UE_4.19\Engine\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-OceanPlugin.lib'.
          Did you just rebuild the plugin under UE 4.19? If yes, just click on the .uproject file and select Generate Visual Studio Project files, open the .sln and try to build again. Once you succeed, you can close and double click the .uproject file to open the the UE editor.
          Last edited by NilsonLima; 03-28-2018, 04:23 PM.
          Nilson Lima

Comment

NilsonLima Also another user reported the same gray water under linux using opengl 14 and M_Inst_Ocean_Nogerstber
            This could be a packaging issue, or it could be something that is windows only in the ocean code...
            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap
            Plugins:
            ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU || Universal TimePlugin || Universal SkyPlugin
            Other tools/functions:
            Universal GetNetwork/LocalRole

Comment

Originally posted by EvoPulseGaming View Post
              NilsonLima Also another user reported the same gray water under linux using opengl 14 and M_Inst_Ocean_Nogerstber
              This could be a packaging issue, or it could be something that is windows only in the ocean code...
              I tried 4.17 and 4.18 without luck too. If we were talking on packaging for something different that DX12 SM5 I would expect some issue, but a Windows build versus XBox build should not bring any issue at this level. My dev kits didn't arrive yet so I am not able to try this (I could if I had a XBox lol Im a PS4 guy).
              Nilson Lima

Comment

Hi, seems an awesome project. Downloading it now. May I ask what the usage terms are? Can I use this in my own project? (This would be a non-commercial project, released freely)

Comment

Originally posted by intrus03 View Post

Hello Nilson,

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it very much.

Unfortunately neither of the two solutions works.

I have checked as you said that the M_Ocean_Ultra material has "Render After DOF" enabled.

As you said, the Truesky does not have the "Translucency Sort Priority", and if I change it in BP_Ocean actor (OceanPlane, DepthPlaneUnderside, DepthPlaneTopside meshes) to -1, it remains the same behavior.

Thank you very much for everything, but it seems that this doesn't have a simple solution.
                  I have checked the TrueSky documentation and I have found the changes you need to do in the Ocean materials (each one) to be able to work with TrueSky. Just open each Ocean Material M_OceanXXXX (not instances ofc) and change the output node like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Transparency.png Views:	1 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	1452256

Of course this node will only show-up if you have installed the TrueSky plugin.
                  Nilson Lima

Comment

As an aside, this is pretty cool:
                    https://vimeo.com/73736608
                    George Rolfe.
                    Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

This is excellent and a great donation to the community. The example scenes are fantastic.

I have found this: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

However, is there anything to explain how to customise the wave profiles and what needs to be edited? Just want to try out a few things before investing too much time in understanding the underlying system.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
                        i have an idea of how to fix the fringing issues which ill try tomorrow.
                        Hi George:

Did you manage to find a way to fix the fringing issues mate? This would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly advise as time permits

Cheers,

Comment

intrus03 Hi there. Did you manage to make the ocean work with TrueSky with the hint I gave you above? (post #2331 - https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...55#post1452255)
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

Does anyone know how the NetWorkTimeOffset works?
                            In BP_Ocean the material parameter "NetworkTimeOffset" is being set. But I can't find a usage of it in the material itself. Is this even implemented?
                            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Did you just rebuild the plugin under UE 4.19? If yes, just click on the .uproject file and select Generate Visual Studio Project files, open the .sln and try to build again. Once you succeed, you can close and double click the .uproject file to open the the UE editor.
                              I also can't get it to package with the following error:

"D:\OceanProject-master\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\BuoyantDestructibleComponent.cpp(83,22): error: use of undeclared identifier 'ApexDestructibleActor'"

Using 4.19.1
                              Please help
                              Last edited by Tom_H_; 04-13-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_H_ View Post

I also can't get it to package with the following error:

"D:\OceanProject-master\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\BuoyantDestructibleComponent.cpp(83,22): error: use of undeclared identifier 'ApexDestructibleActor'"

Using 4.19.1
                                Please help
                                Is it Apex plugin enabled? This is a change made on recent engine versions which Apex now is a plugin instead a built-in feature, so as the project uses one, you need to enable Apex plugin now.
                                Nilson Lima

Comment

Working...
                                X