X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    This is Epic ... sorry couldn't resist. This worked out of the box and I only had to track down one little project setting to successfully migrate this to my project. I now have it this beautiful ocean lapping around the shores of my 64km2 map that is surrounded by Ultra Dynamic Sky and filled by Procedural Landscape Ecosystem.

The only change I had to make was adding a "Switch Has Authority" to 'BP_Underwater' in order to not get errors on my dedicated server when displaying the camera drip effects.

I love this plugin and would like to thank everyone in the community who has contributed to make this plugin awesome.
    Hi there,

seems you have successfully set up the ocean, could you briefly describe how did you set up the under water bp and water swim volume? when i copied paste those from OceanProject, i noticed BP_SunVectorUpdater and BP_Underwater weren't copied along with the rest (I copied everything in Ocean, Sky, etc. folder onto my project upon deleting skydome etc). i manually copied those 2 onto the scene. put BP_Underwater beneath the thirdperson and WaterSwimVolume around it, but it is empty underneath the ocean? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BigaC if you check previous posts I have made a video showing exactly this. Pag 150 post 2249
    Last edited by NilsonLima; 04-16-2018, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, fantastic ocean, underwater, etc. Currently, i'm at page 157, wondering at which page there is information regarding how to use ocean in my own terrain? i moved ocean folder into my content folder, but the ocean doesn't look as nice as the default map's. and i don't know how to set up under water. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!
    Anyone can help me in an underwater scenario?
    I have a glass dome and I would like create an underwater oceanarium scene where player can watch fish/shark within the dome.
    If I correctly understand, the underwater effect created by a post process volume. (PP_Underwater)
    Any solution to add underwater effect only outside of my dome?
    As the thread is huge, a link to the answer also appreciated, if such an explanation already exists.
    Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tom_H_ View Post

Thank you! I'll try
    EDIT: Apex plugin was already enabled...
    I have just packaged successfully in 4.19.1, so Im not sure why yours are not. Try following this steps bellow and see if changes the outcome, I repeated it here, so it is certain will not give you any other trouble:

- inside the project folder, delete the Binaries, Build and Intermediate folders
    - inside the plugins folder, enter OceanPlugin, and inside delete the Binaries and Intermediate folder
    - inside the project folder delete the OceanProject.sln file
    - right click the OceanProject.uproject and choose Generate Visual Studio Project files
    - once it is completed double click the OceanProject.uproject and confirm the rebuild of the two DLLs asked.
    - try run in editor
    - if success, try to package for Windows again.

Hope any garbage preventing the build is gone and you succeed!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Thank you! I'll try
    Give me few min to package a quick project on 4.19 to see if this happens.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Is it Apex plugin enabled? This is a change made on recent engine versions which Apex now is a plugin instead a built-in feature, so as the project uses one, you need to enable Apex plugin now.
    Thank you! I'll try
    Last edited by Tom_H_; 04-13-2018, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I also can't get it to package with the following error:

"D:\OceanProject-master\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\BuoyantDestructibleComponent.cpp(83,22): error: use of undeclared identifier 'ApexDestructibleActor'"

Using 4.19.1
    Please help
    Is it Apex plugin enabled? This is a change made on recent engine versions which Apex now is a plugin instead a built-in feature, so as the project uses one, you need to enable Apex plugin now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Did you just rebuild the plugin under UE 4.19? If yes, just click on the .uproject file and select Generate Visual Studio Project files, open the .sln and try to build again. Once you succeed, you can close and double click the .uproject file to open the the UE editor.
    I also can't get it to package with the following error:

"D:\OceanProject-master\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\Private\BuoyantDestructibleComponent.cpp(83,22): error: use of undeclared identifier 'ApexDestructibleActor'"

Using 4.19.1
    Please help
    Last edited by Tom_H_; 04-13-2018, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know how the NetWorkTimeOffset works?
    In BP_Ocean the material parameter "NetworkTimeOffset" is being set. But I can't find a usage of it in the material itself. Is this even implemented?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    intrus03 Hi there. Did you manage to make the ocean work with TrueSky with the hint I gave you above? (post #2331 - https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...55#post1452255)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by duke22 View Post
    i have an idea of how to fix the fringing issues which ill try tomorrow.
    Hi George:

Did you manage to find a way to fix the fringing issues mate? This would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly advise as time permits

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is excellent and a great donation to the community. The example scenes are fantastic.

I have found this: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

However, is there anything to explain how to customise the wave profiles and what needs to be edited? Just want to try out a few things before investing too much time in understanding the underlying system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As an aside, this is pretty cool:
    https://vimeo.com/73736608

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intrus03 View Post

Hello Nilson,

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it very much.

Unfortunately neither of the two solutions works.

I have checked as you said that the M_Ocean_Ultra material has "Render After DOF" enabled.

As you said, the Truesky does not have the "Translucency Sort Priority", and if I change it in BP_Ocean actor (OceanPlane, DepthPlaneUnderside, DepthPlaneTopside meshes) to -1, it remains the same behavior.

Thank you very much for everything, but it seems that this doesn't have a simple solution.
    I have checked the TrueSky documentation and I have found the changes you need to do in the Ocean materials (each one) to be able to work with TrueSky. Just open each Ocean Material M_OceanXXXX (not instances ofc) and change the output node like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Transparency.png Views:	1 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	1452256

Of course this node will only show-up if you have installed the TrueSky plugin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X