This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucyme95 View Post
    Hi, sorry this may seem like a stupid question but I've never used anything like this before. How do I add this to an existing project?
    If you downloaded the version from github, there is an entire project with an island and boats for you to see. Mostly when you analyze the project you will see that it requires your project to support C++ since there is a plugin that you will need to include along. Once you create a new C++ Project (lets say the 3rd person template) close it and you will copy the Plugins folder from the OceanProject to your C++ project. You will need to right-click your project.uproject file and select "Generate Visual Studio project files". You will need to have Visual Studio 2015 or 2017 Community Edition installed at least. After this you can open your project regularly and it might tell your plugin needs to be recompiled, which you should always say yes.

It might happen that when a new UE4 release comes out the C++ files for the plugin need some maintenance and thats what this community is doing here. We give the directions to make it work and also update the project at GitHub.

I hope I have put the steps in a easy way to follow, sorry, it is early in the morning for me and sometimes english comes a bit confuse into my mind.
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Cant get the underwater effect to work

Comment

Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post
        Cant get the underwater effect to work
        Is the postprocess material applied in the postprocess volume at your level?

PS: if you check the project in the PP_Gloval postprocess volume in the level, looking at the Rendering Features->Postprocess Materials you find the 1st entry at the array with M_Underwater_PP_Inst. The postprocess volume must be set with Infinite Extent (unbound) set.
        Last edited by NilsonLima; 02-09-2018, 12:19 PM.
        Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Is the postprocess material applied in the postprocess volume at your level?

PS: if you check the project in the PP_Gloval postprocess volume in the level, looking at the Rendering Features->Postprocess Materials you find the 1st entry at the array with M_Underwater_PP_Inst. The postprocess volume must be set with Infinite Extent (unbound) set.
          I've double checked the things you said and everything is set like that :/ I don't know what I've missed.

Comment

Is the blueprint BP_Underwater placed at the level and setup properly? It is the responsible for the blending between the effects.
            Nilson Lima

Comment

Is the blueprint BP_Underwater placed at the level and setup properly? It is the responsible for the blending between the effects.
              I think so, I've simply just tried to replicate the original project and everything is the same, but there's still something missing.

Comment

In BP_Underwater you should not feed the parameter: Underwater PPVolume Ref, because it will disable the PP_Global postprocess and the underwater effect is gone. Clean the parameter and re-enable the PP_Global. If this is not it, I then dont know whatelse would be. Or in the end also set the parameter Enable Underwater PP that it will work as intended.
                Nilson Lima

Comment

In BP_Underwater you should not feed the parameter: Underwater PPVolume Ref, because it will disable the PP_Global postprocess and the underwater effect is gone. Clean the parameter and re-enable the PP_Global. If this is not it, I then dont know whatelse would be. Or in the end also set the parameter Enable Underwater PP that it will work as intended.
                  "Underwater PPVolume Ref" is empty, just like the original project, I don't know what kind of magic they've done :/

Comment

I guess I have found your problem. In the Array at the Postprocess Volume you feed with M_Underwater_PP_Inst there is a value at the left side which needs to be 1 and not 0. Check it out.
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

I guess I have found your problem. In the Array at the Postprocess Volume you feed with M_Underwater_PP_Inst there is a value at the left side which needs to be 1 and not 0. Check it out.
                      It has been set on 1 since start.
                      Do you have this project as well? Have you encountered any problems?

Comment

I have it and I have replicated it in several others...
                        Nilson Lima

Comment

I have it and I have replicated it in several others...
                          I got the surface with the waves etc, I got the water splatter effect on the screen when going above the water, but everything beneath the surface isn't there :/

Edit: That "blueprint error" is for some cannonball ****

Comment

The aspect is exactly what happens when that material is not applied at all (that number set to 1 and PP_Global as enabled and Unbound (Infinite Extent) set. Check if the source material for the instance is not presenting any error when you open it.
                            Nilson Lima

Comment

I don't know if you see any errors in my settings..
                              Also, there's no error in the material.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post

There is BPThreads on the marketplace. I have not tried it out yet. Going to soon

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/bpthreads

Do not buy Vega Threads as that is out of date. Was Last update for 4.15
                                There are free versions of c++ exposed to blueprint. I was wondering if there is anything already multithreaded, say multiple actors (or do they all run in serial)

Are there ANY blueprint objects that run in parallel?
                                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap
                                Plugins:
                                ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU || UniversalTimePlugin || UniversalSkyPlugin

Comment

Working...
                                X