Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post
    I don't know if you see any errors in my settings..
    Also, there's no error in the material.
    Nothing wrong there. Im going to start a project from scratch and I will let you know tomorrow. Good Night!
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

    UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

      Nothing wrong there. Im going to start a project from scratch and I will let you know tomorrow. Good Night!
      Thank you so much, I appreciate it

      Comment


        Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post

        Thank you so much, I appreciate it
        Finally I figured it out

        I have tried to make a project from scratch and the surprise is that i got exactly no underwater effect but only the wet lens effect as you did... and then I remembered that the only difference between those two effects was that one is the whole screen while the other need a special depth pass... which I confirmed opening the material to be a custom stencil.

        So to fix you need to go to the project settings and set Custom-Depth Stencil Pass to: Enabled with Stencil

        It could also be avoided if we both have copied the Config.ini file and overwritten the new project.

        Cheers!
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

        UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

        Comment


          Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

          Finally I figured it out

          I have tried to make a project from scratch and the surprise is that i got exactly no underwater effect but only the wet lens effect as you did... and then I remembered that the only difference between those two effects was that one is the whole screen while the other need a special depth pass... which I confirmed opening the material to be a custom stencil.

          So to fix you need to go to the project settings and set Custom-Depth Stencil Pass to: Enabled with Stencil

          It could also be avoided if we both have copied the Config.ini file and overwritten the new project.

          Cheers!
          You're getting laid tonight <3 It works now <3
          If you don't mind: I got two other questions as well:

          1. When I hit play it gives me this error, the message only appears once regardless how many times I hit the play button, unless I restart the project. Like, what is it in the newly created project that tells the game to registrer that blueprint when it's not even in use? I tried to delete the blueprint in a previous project attempt but then it just kept going with other unused blueprints.
          One or more blueprints has an unresolved compiler error, are you sure you want to Play in Editor?
          BP_Projectile_CannonBall


          2. How do I decrease the light intensity from the sun in my project? I mean, I can "obviously" change it in the editor etc. etc., but as soon as I hit play it goes back to being that incredibly strong light. So in edit mode it has the modified light while in play mode it always goes back to that intense light, how do I apply the same affect to play mode?.

          These questions might seem quite basic but since I'm both a newbie and haven't had such problems before in previous projects I'm quite unsure how to deal with them.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post

            You're getting laid tonight <3 It works now <3
            If you don't mind: I got two other questions as well:

            1. When I hit play it gives me this error, the message only appears once regardless how many times I hit the play button, unless I restart the project. Like, what is it in the newly created project that tells the game to registrer that blueprint when it's not even in use? I tried to delete the blueprint in a previous project attempt but then it just kept going with other unused blueprints.
            One or more blueprints has an unresolved compiler error, are you sure you want to Play in Editor?
            BP_Projectile_CannonBall


            2. How do I decrease the light intensity from the sun in my project? I mean, I can "obviously" change it in the editor etc. etc., but as soon as I hit play it goes back to being that incredibly strong light. So in edit mode it has the modified light while in play mode it always goes back to that intense light, how do I apply the same affect to play mode?.

            These questions might seem quite basic but since I'm both a newbie and haven't had such problems before in previous projects I'm quite unsure how to deal with them.
            Lets do it,

            1-That error is caused by some information used inside the blueprint that is written inside the DefaultEngine.ini from the original OceanProject and it regards to physical material description. You can understand the error looking inside the blueprint itself and researching for Physical Material in UE4. Add the following line inside your DefaultEngine.ini localted inside the Config folder at your project:
            +PhysicalSurfaces=(Type=SurfaceType1,Name="Ice")
            +PhysicalSurfaces=(Type=SurfaceType2,Name="Wood")
            +PhysicalSurfaces=(Type=SurfaceType3,Name="Metal")

            2-When I recreated the project I have used the BP_Sky_Sphere and not the blueprints from the OceanProject, but for the description that seems to me is caused by the AutoExposure Settings found inside the Postprocess Volume PP_Global. You can copy those from the original project or experiment with different ones to understand how they work.

            Unreal Engine is vast and takes time to learn and get used to all things... many people are just focused in few aspects of the engine because they have very specific roles to execute in projects, which is fine, so I could say there are many newbies even using the engine for years. There are people generalist enough that know a lot and that depends on how they use it to produce goods, in my case I need to know as much as I can to create useful tools for everyone to use.

            Good luck on your endeavours!
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

            UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

            Comment


              Btw you will want to enable Global clip-plane in the project settings for planar reflections to work which makes epic water reflections (at some cost ofc)
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

              UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

              Comment


                Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
                Btw you will want to enable Global clip-plane in the project settings for planar reflections to work which makes epic water reflections (at some cost ofc)
                It it enabled
                I'll have a look at your answers later, thank you
                I'm sorry for being a pain in the *** again lol, but this will pretty much be my final question: but I was wondering if you knew how to make a sphere-mask on the underwater post process volume?
                I got two "ideas" in my head that I want to approach, either one of them or both (in seperate projects ofc).
                One would simply be a city above the water (which I can pretty much achieve now, I just wanted the underwater effect to work as well), but then there's the idea of an underwater city in a large "air bubble".
                So my question would be, is it possible to sort of cut out a sphere shape from the post process volume?
                I'll link some references below:

                https://i.redd.it/egtj5m6dnlgy.jpg

                https://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-con...1496154086.jpg

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKdpg-HTno

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post

                  It it enabled
                  I'll have a look at your answers later, thank you
                  I'm sorry for being a pain in the *** again lol, but this will pretty much be my final question: but I was wondering if you knew how to make a sphere-mask on the underwater post process volume?
                  I got two "ideas" in my head that I want to approach, either one of them or both (in seperate projects ofc).
                  One would simply be a city above the water (which I can pretty much achieve now, I just wanted the underwater effect to work as well), but then there's the idea of an underwater city in a large "air bubble".
                  So my question would be, is it possible to sort of cut out a sphere shape from the post process volume?
                  I'll link some references below:

                  https://i.redd.it/egtj5m6dnlgy.jpg

                  https://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-con...1496154086.jpg

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qKdpg-HTno
                  To cut a sphere shape from the post process "material" it is always possible to mask it inside that material. The best way to do it is using distance fields where you would put an invisible sphere covering what you want and get the value from distance field from it and subtract in the material from the effect, leaving a completely clean area... So far, this subtraction would need to occur only when the camera is inside the sphere, otherwise you would be seeing a hole (of half a hole when you have a dome) where the city is and this is not desirable, since what you want is to get rid of the underwater effect while inside the dome.

                  I dont have anything ready for this, but Im sure you will be able to accomplish this if you do the research... there is such effect in a tutorial somewhere in the internet.
                  Nilson Lima
                  Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                  Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                  UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                  supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                    To cut a sphere shape from the post process "material" it is always possible to mask it inside that material. The best way to do it is using distance fields where you would put an invisible sphere covering what you want and get the value from distance field from it and subtract in the material from the effect, leaving a completely clean area... So far, this subtraction would need to occur only when the camera is inside the sphere, otherwise you would be seeing a hole (of half a hole when you have a dome) where the city is and this is not desirable, since what you want is to get rid of the underwater effect while inside the dome.

                    I dont have anything ready for this, but Im sure you will be able to accomplish this if you do the research... there is such effect in a tutorial somewhere in the internet.
                    You could give me a year of research and you would still find it out before me within 5 minutes, but I'll do my best and check the internet.. I just know that I'm terribly bad at it

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Freddiieehh View Post

                      You could give me a year of research and you would still find it out before me within 5 minutes, but I'll do my best and check the internet.. I just know that I'm terribly bad at it
                      Well, I told you what you need to accomplish what you want, which is already hard to find people to simply give the info... you probably will not find "the complete solution", but info on the parts that you would gather, understand, and put it together. While, nothing would please me more than doing it all and made a show about it, I also do need to understand that future generations (Im 50 years old atm) need to learn how to get there and this is the same what I do with everyone which works with and for me. I will grow as a professional in a solid way doing this!
                      Nilson Lima
                      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                      UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                        Well, I told you what you need to accomplish what you want, which is already hard to find people to simply give the info... you probably will not find "the complete solution", but info on the parts that you would gather, understand, and put it together. While, nothing would please me more than doing it all and made a show about it, I also do need to understand that future generations (Im 50 years old atm) need to learn how to get there and this is the same what I do with everyone which works with and for me. I will grow as a professional in a solid way doing this!
                        Been googling/youtubing around for couple of hours now and doesn't understand anything nor feel like I'm getting anywhere lol.
                        Ima just take a break for now and deal with it another time, and/or just make a thread about it cuz if I were to start edit and playing around with the post process material I would most likely just ruin something. Like you said I will most likely never find the complete solution, which just makes everything even more confusing, being able to tell what would help me and what wouldn't lol.
                        But yeah, for now Ima just take a break from it before my blonde head explodes.
                        Thank you anyways for the help so far (Y)

                        Comment


                          Good evening everyone:

                          I am having a issue where upon restarting the engine [v18.3] I am unable to control the wave size and speed any longer. I have been struggling with this and would greatly appreciate if there is anyone that may shed some light on the subject for me please. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

                          Thanks in advance for your time.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Ruztik View Post
                            Good evening everyone:

                            I am having a issue where upon restarting the engine [v18.3] I am unable to control the wave size and speed any longer. I have been struggling with this and would greatly appreciate if there is anyone that may shed some light on the subject for me please. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

                            Thanks in advance for your time.
                            Inside the BP_Ocean, look for the section Ocean Manager and the values to control those features are called Global Wave Amplitude and Global Wave Speed respectively. I have checked and everything works fine with this version 4.18.3.
                            Nilson Lima
                            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                            UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                              Is the postprocess material applied in the postprocess volume at your level?

                              PS: if you check the project in the PP_Gloval postprocess volume in the level, looking at the Rendering Features->Postprocess Materials you find the 1st entry at the array with M_Underwater_PP_Inst. The postprocess volume must be set with Infinite Extent (unbound) set.
                              Just want to say thanks for this solution, appreciate it a lot.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by MikeRPG View Post

                                Just want to say thanks for this solution, appreciate it a lot.
                                My pleasure!
                                Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                                UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X