Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran into an issue trying to package a development build of my project and somehow worked my way up to this point but im not sure whats going on here.

Package attempt error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: c:\UNREAL PROJECTS\DOI418\Source\OceanProjectEditor.Target.cs(6,14) : error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'OceanProjectEditorTarget'
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Unable to compile source files.

i have no duplicate files

The current next step needed to generate the files from context menu in windows explorer from within my project.uproject file [right-Click, Generate..] but i ran into this...

While generating..
    Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project="C:/UNREAL PROJECTS/DOI418/DOI418.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
    Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
    ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Expecting to find a type to be declared in
    a target rules named 'OceanProjectTarget'. This type must derive from the 'TargetRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

Trying to open this file(OceanProject.Target.cs) in VS2015 opens a BLANK notepad, (the file is a Visual C# source.)

the plugin is installed correctly and works fine in game,this is the first time needing to package a build for dev/debug/profiling purposes and cant seem to do so

Does anyone recognize the problem here ?

I'll admit
    I know next to nothing about C++ and plugins, its a bit out of my scope for the time being as, I am having to learn, effective immediately.
    As always I would be most appreciative.

Edit:NOTE: I am assuming this is something similar to related issues of engine releases with changes and the constant need to tweaks I read about on previous posts (an assumption, not an opinion.)
    Last edited by DWGS; 02-02-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DWGS View Post
      I ran into an issue trying to package a development build of my project and somehow worked my way up to this point but im not sure whats going on here.

The current next step needed to generate the files from context menu in windows explorer from within my project.uproject file [right-Click, Generate..] but i ran into this...

While generating..
      Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.18/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project="C:/UNREAL PROJECTS/DOI418/DOI418.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
      Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
      ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a target rules named 'OceanProjectTarget'. This type must derive from the 'TargetRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

Trying to open this file(OceanProject.Target.cs) in VS2015 opens a BLANK notepad, (the file is a Visual C# source.)

the plugin is installed correctly and works fine in game,this is the first time needing to package a build for dev/debug/profiling purposes and cant seem to do so

Does anyone recognize the problem here ?

ill admit
      i know next to nothing about C++ and plugins, its a bit out of my scope for the time being as, im having to learn, effective immediately.
      As always i would be most appreciative.

Edit:NOTE: I am assuming this is something similar to related issues of engine releases with changes and the constant need to tweaks I read about on previous posts (an assumption, not an opinion.)

I made a pull from github two days ago and I packaged the project just fine in UE 4.18.3. That file has contents Im sure, you should pick it from the zip file again and overwrite the one in the folder.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Thank you so very much. I havent updated the files for about a month or so, that may very well be the case.
        I will return if complications arrise until then, Have a great day!

Comment

I found a c++ based weather simulator:
          https://github.com/igarciad/weather_simulation
          I'm doing a whole 100% blueprint weathermanager/timemanager coupled by time/date/lat/long
          Here is a part of that done 100% blueprint:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	1424605
          Last edited by EvoPulseGaming; 02-07-2018, 02:50 AM.
          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap
          Plugins:
          ComputeShader CPU->GPU->CPU || UniversalTimePlugin || UniversalSkyPlugin

Comment

Originally posted by EvoPulseGaming View Post
            I found a c++ based weather simulator:
            https://github.com/igarciad/weather_simulation
            I'm doing a whole 100% blueprint weathermanager/timemanager coupled by time/date/lat/long
            Here is a part of that done 100% blueprint:

Name:	
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	1424605
            Whenever someone asks me when to use BP and when to use C++, i''m going to show them this image.
            George Rolfe.
            Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flEtQBPtBTc

I use c++ only when I need performance. For example, I'm working on my own OceanPlugin as open source, I calculate Gerstner waves in C++, but most of the functions are exposed to Blueprints in a Useable way. For me, C++ is a tool to make BP's better. Yeah, I can do Everything I want in BP but it might run ****(like with Gerstner waves for 100's of objects) but with c++ I can have thousands before issues are popping up.

Nativising code can get you performance increases yes, but I don't want to build a game at 20fps in the editor.
              Last edited by Pantong51; 02-07-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantong51 View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flEtQBPtBTc

I use c++ only when I need performance. For example, I'm working on my own OceanPlugin as open source, I calculate Gerstner waves in C++, but most of the functions are exposed to Blueprints in a Useable way. For me, C++ is a tool to make BP's better. Yeah, I can do Everything I want in BP but it might run ****(like with Gerstner waves for 100's of objects) but with c++ I can have thousands before issues are popping up.

Nativising code can get you performance increases yes, but I don't want to build a game at 20fps in the editor.
                And I use C++ because I'm an elitist horses ***. Each to their own.
                George Rolfe.
                Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

In my 4.15.1 version (that's been migrated to a game) the underwater shader doesn't activate properly. The global pp doesn't go into the underwater mode no matter what material I use. Any thoughts?

Comment

Whenever someone asks me when to use BP and when to USE C++, I show them this, a fantastic Ocean system, all in BPs, running at 120 FPS, on my mid range rig:

Name:	image_125391.jpg
Size:	567.8 KB
ID:	1425421

Comment

[QUOTE="CrashA51;n1425420"]Whenever someone asks me when to use BP and when to USE C++, I show them this, a fantastic Ocean system, all in BPs, running at 120 FPS, on my mid range rig:

Apart from performance, the main reason I'm doing this is because it's so much easier to add or change stuff in bp than in code. I can do complete restructuring of a deeply embedded struct array in 1/10th the time and 1/10th the manual labor.

Also I've been able to visually identify redundant code in loops that execute 5600x4 loops per calculation by x10 iterations by x100 steps. Redundant code I didn't easily see in c++.

Every reduntant call I remove, removes 22,400,000 calls per simulation.

I've already identified about 30 calls that can be simplified or removed. So about 672 million calls less.

I would have hell of a time doing that in c++

P.s. I guess the elitists don't want a one of a kind weather simulator to go with that beautiful ocean...
                      Plugins:

Comment

Well said, there are so many reasons for BP over C++ .... remember, if you are one step ahead people think you are a genius, but two steps, and they will call you crazy. Your weather simulator is a great idea... go for it. SpaceX is a good example of what I am talking about.

Comment

Wait till I play with blueprint threading to make this viable... Been considering splitting up the blueprints between actors in an array...

If anyone has an idea how I could get another thread to run from pure blueprints...
                          Last edited by EvoPulseGaming; 02-08-2018, 04:07 PM.
                          Plugins:

Comment

There are safe plugins available these days for that, you gotta check which one at MP. They will expose functions that you can call to launch custom events (I guess methods too) as threads.
                            Nilson Lima
                            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Hi, sorry this may seem like a stupid question but I've never used anything like this before. How do I add this to an existing project?

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
                                There are safe plugins available these days for that, you gotta check which one at MP. They will expose functions that you can call to launch custom events (I guess methods too) as threads.
                                There is BPThreads on the marketplace. I have not tried it out yet. Going to soon

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/bpthreads

Do not buy Vega Threads as that is out of date. Was Last update for 4.15

Comment

Working...
                                X