Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Grot13

Aye.
    Thanks so much for that i must have overlooked it a few times over the past day or so as ive be trying to continue with my pipeline, yes the stencil mask appears to be in the the mat inst, one place i didnt look.Ill have time to fiddle with it after lunch.

But, by any chance where you able to get the Landscape Modulation to work?

All of the settings in the landscape modulation area have no effect, properly exported height map greyscale/16bit PNG and all set for vector displacement and landscape modulation enabled. I even used the eye dropper tool to select the landscape object in viewport to create a reference.
    Not sure what the Start and Max settings are for, i attempted to dial them to uu max height of landscape and start is world Z Translation but to no avail.
    I'm afraid i've be trying to get it resolved for a matter of months off and on.
    Still no luck.

Here is what i am pointing out in the default project.

Hopefully I'm not missing something silly like my landscape or ocean plane having to be at a certain translation, and im absolutely certain my landscape has not been rotated.

Ill try to find some time to study this by creating a new project and setting up the default ocean on a custom landscape.

Maybe someone could explain how they set theirs up?
    From appearances, its a heightmap, a landscape reference, three floats and a boolean, surely i couldnt have missed much.

My deep ocean waves do not settle when coming ashore and its really breaking the beauty of the fine work that has been done.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by DWGS; 12-18-2017, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Yes I have a level where it works (with the islandmap) so I've take look.
      First thing I've noticed is that the heightmap is in 4k, it's probably needed for accuracy. I couldn't help more with this, I've once tried to create a heightmap and use it to create a landscape but it wasn't successfull (format and settings misunderstanding).

Then if the landscape actor is not set (just above the heightmap on your picture) it doesn't work (but I'm sure you have checked).

If the modulation start height is too low it doesn't work. In the defaul project its value is -2000 but if your ocean doesn't reach 20 meters depth, you won't see waves.
      From what I've tried and understood, it has to be a lot inferior to the max height to create a falloff beetween open sea and shore
      On these pictures, you can see what it gives with -400 as start height and -200 as max height ( I keep modulation power at 0.9 ). I know max is negative, but the logic seems to be different when positive. Notice also that enable landscape modulation doesn't affect anything, at least in editor mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWGS View Post
        @Paranoia1987

To run Ocean Project,Create a new folder in your project directory(windows) for the .zip contents,extract files there.
        Run Unreal Launcher, Click the drop down arrow on the yellow launch button on the left.
        Select the engine version that matches Ocean Project engine version you downloaded, then click launch.
        Once the engine is loaded, select the newly created Ocean Project, it should not be greyed out.
        Once loaded,You should get prompts in the bottom right about plugin changes, click there, or, if they do not appear,
        Goto the top menu, select Edit> Plugins.
        When the plugin dialog opens, scroll to the bottom where the project plugins reside. You should find one name Ocean.Click that name.
        Dialog will display Ocean Plugin information, ensure the Enabled TickBox is checked. Save the project and Close the engine.
        Restart the Launcher as well for safe measure, this will update the new project in case the launched didnt catch it(it used to have problems doing so)
        Select your newly created Ocean Project in the unreal Launcher My projects catagory and double click.

There is so slightly out dated help in the github page about how to install and event merging to project. Though i recommend getting the project to launch on its own first.
        Before merging/experimenting/exploring make a copy of the project in its default state, this will help ease you mind as you start playing with settings, if something wrong should happen.
        Thank you kindly! I'll give this a crack when I get home.

Comment

• guys anyone knows where I can get this ocean called Neocean
          Click image for larger version

Name:	NeOcean1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	568.8 KB
ID:	1401891

Comment

• https://gumroad.com/l/NeOcean
            or
            https://gumroad.com/l/OceanXY

Comment

• Heyo! Anyone know how to get rid of these wave notches because they completely take realism out of the equation!

Comment

• is there a way to put a hole in the BP, a blocking Volume as such. I have a I island and I want to put a cave under to BP "plane" so the player has to walk from above the plane to below it and I don't what water in the cave.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
                  is there a way to put a hole in the BP, a blocking Volume as such. I have a I island and I want to put a cave under to BP "plane" so the player has to walk from above the plane to below it and I don't what water in the cave.
                  For the hole and the entrance, you can check on page 143 , Raindance posted a solution.
                  For the volume I would put a post process volume ( not extended ) the same size of the cave, and this volume should have higher priority than the the underwater PP

Comment

• Originally posted by Grot13 View Post

For the hole and the entrance, you can check on page 143 , Raindance posted a solution.
                    For the volume I would put a post process volume ( not extended ) the same size of the cave, and this volume should have higher priority than the the underwater PP

Thanks, I look at a few pages probably about 30 or so but I didn't look on previous page as the last post, thanks

Comment

• Anybody know how to fix this? I tried messing around with the ModulationStartHeight and the ModulationMaxHeight but the settings only apply to 1/4 of the map.

Comment

• Anybody know how to get rid of these black artifacts? They appeared out of nowhere. I tried messing with the settings but I can't get it to work properly.

The only Shader that works correctly is the Ocean Ultra shader but I don't want to stick with that because it has big performance impacts.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeamATTAK View Post
                          Anybody know how to fix this? I tried messing around with the ModulationStartHeight and the ModulationMaxHeight but the settings only apply to 1/4 of the map.
                          I've made a post that explains (I think) modulation start height and max :

Originally posted by Grot13 View Post

If the modulation start height is too low it doesn't work. In the default project its value is -2000 but if your ocean doesn't reach 20 meters depth, you won't see waves.
                          From what I've tried and understood, it has to be a lot inferior to the max height to create a falloff beetween open sea and shore
                          On these pictures, you can see what it gives with -400 as start height and -200 as max height ( I keep modulation power at 0.9 ). I know max is negative, but the logic seems to be different when positive. Notice also that enable landscape modulation doesn't affect anything, at least in editor mode.

Comment

• Hey, I'm having trouble with World Composition. On a landscape with normal settings and a 4033x4033 texture, it works fine. However, it doesn't work with my world composition world with 9 2017x2017 tiles in a square. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Comment

• I'm having trouble running the ocean after packaging the project. When I try to run packaged project I get this message: "The game module 'OceanProject' could not be found. Please ensure that this module exists and that it is compiled." Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong??

Comment

Working...
                              X