Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man, just been trying this stuff. Its super cool.
    Was wondering how you are doing the underwater effects in the demo scene. Especially the part where it actually splits underwater look proerly if camera is halfway in water. It uses the exact surface of the water.
    I tried to replicate that in an own scene using your BPs but nothing happened. Do you have like a documentation for this stuff?

Other question, is the heightmap based modulation only for the Ultra material? if I have an Island and I want waves hitting shore from all directions. How would I go about it?

Comment

Anyone having troubles with 4.18.1 and this plugin? Are the drawing troubles from 4.17 fixed?
      Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
      Twitch Channel
      Artstation
      Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Adeptus View Post
        Hey man, just been trying this stuff. Its super cool.
        Was wondering how you are doing the underwater effects in the demo scene. Especially the part where it actually splits underwater look proerly if camera is halfway in water. It uses the exact surface of the water.
        I tried to replicate that in an own scene using your BPs but nothing happened. Do you have like a documentation for this stuff?

Other question, is the heightmap based modulation only for the Ultra material? if I have an Island and I want waves hitting shore from all directions. How would I go about it?
        I was wondering exactly the same. I already tweek it and tried several things but can't reach that underwater effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Vexar View Post
          Anyone having troubles with 4.18.1 and this plugin? Are the drawing troubles from 4.17 fixed?
          Hey look a few post up, CLOCKWORKGATE has the answer.

Comment

Sorry guys, this might sound stupid but where is the guide to install this?

Comment

Originally posted by Grinl View Post
              Sorry guys, this might sound stupid but where is the guide to install this?
              Here: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

Comment

awesome! can I use in UE4.1.6.x?

Comment

Originally posted by Grot13

When you put this blueprint in a scene, make sure the level blueprint has the underwater detection. Open the Islandmap blueprint then copy what happens on tick and paste in your level blueprint. It sets the water level on tick in the parameter collection, and this parameter is used for a lot of things, like the post process material used for this effect. I would start from here

For the landscape modulation I don't use so I can't help, sorry
                  Thanks man, I checked the level blueprint in the project, and found the underwater detect method, but the wired thing is its completely detached from anything, no tick on it, and the branch to query whether camera is below or above water also goes nowhere, yet the thing works. Im still no smarter than before :/

Comment

Hi ^^
                    Possible to stop water without disable ocean infinite system and make a hole ?
                    Thank you for beautifful project

Comment

Hello, I was also working on Water material. Im sure im using a different system. mostly using the ocean water plane project from UE. ill take a look into your project. see if ican help
                      btw the material i use have alot of problems currently. im stuck here.

Comment

Hey guys, just a heads up.
                        For those of you who struggle to get a transparency on a mesh inside the water, you can copy your mesh (or make a super simplified version of it), turn off shadows casting for it, check "render custom depth" and uncheck "render in main pass". Just make sure to also turn off collision and physics for your transparency mesh.

Custom transparency for objects on ocean surface tutorial

Click image for larger version  Name:	Boat_transparency_example.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	1396446

1. Create a mesh, that covers the top of the object
                        2. Place it on top of the mesh
                        3. Setup your content inside UE4.
                        Here is a modified version of Construction Script of BP_BuoyantActor

Click image for larger version  Name:	BP_BuoyantActor_modifed.jpg Views:	1 Size:	175.1 KB ID:	1396447

Notice that I added additional transparency mesh. With this way of setting up BP you can have your transparency mesh empty unless you need it. Make sure to make it public to easily acces it.
                        Here is a list of settings you need to change for your transparency mesh inside BP_BuoyantActor

Click image for larger version  Name:	Transparency_mesh_settings.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.2 KB ID:	1396448

Also notice that I don't chance index for custom depth, but I do change stencil mask to 1 bit (works with other too, but gives better performance) That is because this system uses the same post process material that is used in pp volume array.

4. Place your BP into scene (or copy existing one and modify it's properties the way you need it to be)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Boat_mesh_transparency.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.9 KB ID:	1396449

This should give you transparency as long as you not trying to submerge your camera into the water surface. The moment you do it - illusion breaks apart. Sometimes clipping still happens, but you can fix it if you make sure your mesh follows waves precisely.
                        Big shout-out to Obscura on polycount forum for posting a solution for the exact same problem http://polycount.com/discussion/1946...h-custom-depth

If you are going to make a submarine, you still need to follow this https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Locati...n_UE4_Playlist tutorial and implement your own mask into material, which is unfortunately limits amount of vehicles you can have in your scene and gives a headache if you need a custom shape for your vehicle, because not only you gonna need to mathematically explain it to the engine, you also gonna need to find a way to rotate it on ocean surface.

I also recommend you to check out this thread, it has a whole bunch of possible solutions to this problem.
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...-this-possible

Hope it helps.
                        Last edited by Raindance; 12-06-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Ohhh ,work perfecly
                          Thank ^^
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello, can you tell what settings will help completely remove these black spots which I have highlighted in red, tried a lot of settings did not help.

Comment

Originally posted by Marfear View Post
                              Hello, can you tell what settings will help completely remove these black spots which I have highlighted in red, tried a lot of settings did not help.
                              Hello!
                              Those artifacts are caused by Screen Space Reflections. Click on your Ocean Blueprint, look for Ocean Shader and set it to whatever has (No SSR), or you can go to your Post Process, scroll down to Screen Space Reflections and set Intensity to 0.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Ocean_screen_space_reflections.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.0 KB ID:	1399296

Comment

Since were on topic of artifacts, in the new 4.18 Ocean Project, in 4.18.0 Engine , i ran into a problem that i have seen before but cant seem to locate it in the 143 pages of posts.

It reminds me of a low shadow map cascade bias issue, but this is not the case. It happened directly after dropping the Ocean_BP actor from content browser into my map with default settings just like the example map as far as lights and what not go.

Hopefully someone will recognize this cause, i'm at a loss attempting to get corrective results.

If anyone could give some insight i would be greatly appreciative.
                                Last edited by DWGS; 12-14-2017, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X