X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mos2 View Post
    It dosn't rebuild... after open a Error Window
    I am getting a build error too re the DLL's
    I am an artist and don't have a build environment setup.

Comment

Yes. After attempting to rebuild, I get the error that Mos2 is getting.

As I mentioned, I've installed Visual C++ 2015 and the Common Tools for VC, but rebuilding doesn't seem to work.

Comment

I'm getting the same error, it doesn't rebuild and informs me to do it manually.

Comment

Confirmed.. does not rebuild the two DLL's
          Any fix for it?

Or do we build a fresh one and try to migrate everything to new build from old project?
          Fresh build does work.
          Last edited by WorldCreator; 11-07-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do a fresh build. :/

Comment

When rebuild this project in new UE versions use the VS 2015 Update 3, old VS 2015 cause errors.

Comment

Hi, love this project, where i can find tutorial for it? Thank!

Comment

There's this tutorial:

https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

Comment

Hey everyone

I just added in the new files of the Ocean Project plugin which is said to support 4.18, but as I did so I'm not able to open my project anymore. I get the following error message: https://prnt.sc/hahu9v Though I do have the .dll correct files in the right place! If I press 'yes' it gives me this message: https://prnt.sc/hahuf9 (I added the screens as attachments if you don't trust links, which I can understand although this is from a safe site called prnt.sc)

Is this a problem on the server-side? Or am I the one doing something wrong? It's my first time updating Ocean Project to a newer version after all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincere greetings,
                    BelgianWizard

Comment

Use a project for a game
                      I really like the rendering ,buoyancy and very simple to use ,thank

Comment

Any news on when this might be remedied? Or how we might remedy it ourselves?

Comment

I appear to have fixed the compile error for myself. When installing Visual Studio 2017 Community, you have to select "Game Development with C++" in the big Workloads section on the left, then make sure "Windows 8.1 SDK and UCRT SDK" in the Summary section on the right is checked.

If you've already installed VS and don't feel like reinstalling it just to check that box, you can get the 8.1 SDK as a standalone from Microsoft here:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...indows-8-1-sdk

Obviously, I'm on Windows 8.1, so this worked for me. Your mileage may, unfortunately, vary.

If you don't have VS 2017 Community, you can get it here:

https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/

I'm looking at actual waves. Finally. It's beautiful. Thank you, DotCam and TK-Master!

Comment

I also have that compiling error; unable to open the github project. Anyone got a solid solution to this / is everyone using 4.18 experiencing this?

Comment

4.18 version is working just fine for me : VS 2015 update 3 .

something to check :

oceanproject.target.cs and oceanproject.Editor.target.cs should look respectively like

Code:
                              using UnrealBuildTool;
                              using System.Collections.Generic;

public class OceanProjectTarget : TargetRules
                              {
                                  public OceanProjectTarget(TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
                                  {
                                      Type = TargetType.Game;
                                      ExtraModuleNames.AddRange( new string[] { "OceanProject" } );
                                  }
                              }
                              Code:
                              using UnrealBuildTool;
                              using System.Collections.Generic;

public class OceanProjectEditorTarget : TargetRules
                              {
                                  public OceanProjectEditorTarget(TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
                                  {
                                      Type = TargetType.Editor;
                                      ExtraModuleNames.AddRange( new string[] { "OceanProject" } );
                                  }
                              }

Comment

Hello,

I've been trying to add buoyancy to a static mesh object but can't seem to quite get it. The tutorials I have been following are not up to date with the latest version of the ocean project.

Can someone walk me through the step on how to add buoyance or link me to an up-to-date tutorial?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X