No announcement yet.

[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Tested new Oceanproject for UT 4.17 and 4.18 and find problem that Wakes that generates after boats does not works fine(((

I think it cause modification of water... earlier in 4.15 Harpoon stucks in waves, sometimes... now it does not happens) but wakes works not fine(( And looks it somehow goes over lifespan time .... bp_wakes... just destroying afrer creation.... Any help???? That all heppens on main Island map!

Comment

• I am getting the following error when when i try to launch the packaged game, anyone had the same issue? Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1379220
      If you want to try my map you can find it at the link below
      Founder of [Map] Terra Nova

So you want to make a map? (Tutorial)

My setup: Asus Rampage IV black edition, i7-4820K @ 4.20ghz, DDR3 1600mhz 32gb, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, 2x 128gb SSD 8x3tb 7200rmp hdd's, 950W PSU

Streaming here whenever I work on my map http://www.twitch.tv/uzumi/

Comment

• Hi, i download last version (4.18) but ambient light is very very low, objects looks very dark, if i up the skylight intensity looks better but the water reflects a very high color near to white, any way to fix this? thanks.

Comment

• When I try to load the attached game, it gives me the attached error message. In spite of installing VC 2015 and the common tools, it fails to rebuild. I've redownloaded from Git twice. Could there be something I'm missing? I'm in UE 4.18, by the way.
          Last edited by ClockworkGate; 11-06-2017, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClockworkGate View Post
            When I try to load the attached game, it gives me the attached error message. In spite of installing VC 2015 and the common tools, it fails to rebuild. I've redownloaded from Git twice. Could there be something I'm missing? I'm in UE 4.18, by the way.
            It's normal. Click yes and it will rebuild, then it will launch.

Comment

• It dosn't rebuild... after open a Error Window
              Last edited by Mos2; 11-06-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mos2 View Post
                It dosn't rebuild... after open a Error Window
                I am getting a build error too re the DLL's
                I am an artist and don't have a build environment setup.

Comment

• Yes. After attempting to rebuild, I get the error that Mos2 is getting.

As I mentioned, I've installed Visual C++ 2015 and the Common Tools for VC, but rebuilding doesn't seem to work.

Comment

• I'm getting the same error, it doesn't rebuild and informs me to do it manually.

Comment

• Confirmed.. does not rebuild the two DLL's
                      Any fix for it?

Or do we build a fresh one and try to migrate everything to new build from old project?
                      Fresh build does work.
                      Last edited by WorldCreator; 11-07-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Unfortunately, I don't know how to do a fresh build. :/

Comment

• When rebuild this project in new UE versions use the VS 2015 Update 3, old VS 2015 cause errors.

Comment

• Hi, love this project, where i can find tutorial for it? Thank!

Comment

• There's this tutorial:

https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

Comment

• Hey everyone

I just added in the new files of the Ocean Project plugin which is said to support 4.18, but as I did so I'm not able to open my project anymore. I get the following error message: https://prnt.sc/hahu9v Though I do have the .dll correct files in the right place! If I press 'yes' it gives me this message: https://prnt.sc/hahuf9 (I added the screens as attachments if you don't trust links, which I can understand although this is from a safe site called prnt.sc)

Is this a problem on the server-side? Or am I the one doing something wrong? It's my first time updating Ocean Project to a newer version after all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincere greetings,
                                BelgianWizard

Comment

Working...
                                X