Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, first, thank you so much for this great plugin and the work by all of you. The shader looks really beautiful.

Currently I'm going to try a night scene with the Ocean Plugin. But I have the problem, that it looks like (oceannight3.png).

I photoshopped this picture to show you what I want to implement.

My question: Is it possible to change the settings in BPs like my photoshopped pic?

I tried a lot, tried to change BP Params, tried to change inside of materials. But I could not hide the shine at the horizont.

Please help ^^ I dont know what else I can do.

And again, thank you so much for this great Plugin.

Best regards,

​​​​​​​Dom

Comment

Hi! Tested new Oceanproject for UT 4.17 and find problem that Wakes that generates after boats does not works fine(((

I think it cause modification of water... earlier in 4.15 Harpoon stucks in waves, sometimes... now it does not happens) but wakes works not fine(( And looks it somehow goes over lifespan time .... bp_wakes... just destroying afrer creation....

Comment

Hi, when I try to apply the caustics the editor crashes. It's a widespread problem or just mine?

Comment

Hey, I've also got to say thank you. This plugin is amazing
          Any transparent material that I look at in front of the ocean is getting masked by it. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it just part of how the shader works?
          Thanks again.

Comment

Updated project to Unreal Engine 4.18

https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject

Oh, btw, it might be worth saying that I usually have trouble tracking issues in here. It's usually a good idea to post the issue there (Sorry about that, guys!)

And, of course, if you managed to fix a bug, please, send a Pull Request (PR) to GitHub. This would be very helpful to improve the project!

Comment

Screen Splash Effect Issue: hi you might be familiar with the screen splash distortion effect when your player goes underwater. Right now im getting it above water! I have a huge map, literally 20 miles across but mostly just wide open ocean. Since I noticed the location of objects (details tab) is some really weird locations, i started by selecting everything in the Island Map world outliner and changing all location coordinates to 0,0,0. So, when I press play and I get this constant screen splashing effect I thought I could turn off underwter swim volume or maybe just set the Z coordinate for that 1 actor back to -43000. But everything I try does not work. If you have some ideas let me know please!

Comment

Why the 4.18 version file is bigger than 900mb? i cant download from github, the download is stopped and is not possible resume, any other way to download it? thanks.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions for using this to create relatively calm water for an outdoor pool?
                  Alex Coulombe
                  Creative Director
                  Agile Lens: Immersive Design
                  New York City
                  www.agilelens.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dihydrogenmonoxide43 View Post
                    Hey, I've also got to say thank you. This plugin is amazing
                    Any transparent material that I look at in front of the ocean is getting masked by it. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it just part of how the shader works?
                    Thanks again.
                    I'm in 4.18... liking the ocean! But having exactly the same issue as Dihydrogenmonoxide43 above

The stencil seems to be completely masking translucent objects in FRONT of the ocean... including particles, like the water splash from the cannon balls.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by aNorthStar; 10-30-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

It seems it depends on the position of the camera. I cannot explain why it behaves like this but it's a clue. (maybe a solution would be to disable custom depth on ocean plane when camera is outside?)

hey Grot13... yes it does depend a bit on the position/distance of the camera: I've futzed with it for a day or two but got nowhere due to lack of skill. I do believe it is an issue of one translucent thing on top of another (including fog), and/or maybe something with the depth stencil

By the way how have you done to use it in 4.18?

Sorry I can't help, but it just downloaded the zip file from GitHub, it auto-rebuilt a plugin or two, then launched first time... couldn't have been more straightforward.
                      Last edited by aNorthStar; 10-31-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Hi! Tested new Oceanproject for UT 4.17 and 4.18 and find problem that Wakes that generates after boats does not works fine(((

I think it cause modification of water... earlier in 4.15 Harpoon stucks in waves, sometimes... now it does not happens) but wakes works not fine(( And looks it somehow goes over lifespan time .... bp_wakes... just destroying afrer creation.... Any help???? That all heppens on main Island map!

Comment

I am getting the following error when when i try to launch the packaged game, anyone had the same issue? Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1379220
                          If you want to try my map you can find it at the link below
                          Founder of [Map] Terra Nova

So you want to make a map? (Tutorial)

My setup: Asus Rampage IV black edition, i7-4820K @ 4.20ghz, DDR3 1600mhz 32gb, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, 2x 128gb SSD 8x3tb 7200rmp hdd's, 950W PSU

Streaming here whenever I work on my map http://www.twitch.tv/uzumi/

Comment

Hi, i download last version (4.18) but ambient light is very very low, objects looks very dark, if i up the skylight intensity looks better but the water reflects a very high color near to white, any way to fix this? thanks.

Comment

When I try to load the attached game, it gives me the attached error message. In spite of installing VC 2015 and the common tools, it fails to rebuild. I've redownloaded from Git twice. Could there be something I'm missing? I'm in UE 4.18, by the way.
                              Last edited by ClockworkGate; 11-06-2017, 12:38 AM.

Comment

It dosn't rebuild... after open a Error Window
                                Last edited by Mos2; 11-06-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X