Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this project been abandoned?

Comment

• i try to migrate the whole content folder of the untouched fresh-downloaded community ocean 4.15 into a blank 4.15 project and i cant get the bp_ocean actor to load when i open any of the maps... anybody have success on this?

Comment

• Dear maintainers,

Does the latest version of this plugin support multiple/separate bodies of water? Last time I used it a year and a half ago it didn't.

Was also curious if it supports underwater air pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by shredder7753 View Post
          i try to migrate the whole content folder of the untouched fresh-downloaded community ocean 4.15 into a blank 4.15 project and i cant get the bp_ocean actor to load when i open any of the maps... anybody have success on this?
          Hey shredder, did you try following this tutorial? https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

It might be better than just migrating the Content folder.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I tried to update an older project (4.13 compatibility) with the 4.17 build Raindance provided (thanks Raindance!) and followed the 'How to add...' tutorial when the update failed, but it still fails. It tries to load but then throws a warning that UE4Editor-OceanProject.dll needs to be Rebuilt, and upon saying yes, the compile fails and says to try rebuilding manually.

Has anyone got this to work? Currently using UE4 4.17.1

I feel like I'm missing something. Due to our development environment, I'd reeeeaaaally prefer not to have to put together a custom build of UE4 4.17.1...

Any help would be fantastic!

Comment

• FlashFreak It only has to be rebuilt if you're trying to use the plugin with a version of the engine the plugin is not built for. Are you sure you're using Raindance's 4.17 version and not trying to rebuild your 4.13 version? What steps are you taking to update your project? And if you try to rebuild manually, what errors are you getting?

Comment

• Wow, this is incredible! Thank you for this fantastic creation! I have a question: when you are underwater looking up, the sky becomes very dark almost black, as if you were miles under the ocean. Is there a setting to adjust this to be more clear, as in shallow water? Thanks so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post

Hey shredder, did you try following this tutorial? https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

It might be better than just migrating the Content folder.
                  ohhh wow. this is what i need to try... tomorrow

Comment

• Hi guys,

First of all, I'd like to thank the developers, maintainers and the community of this great plugin and all the support it has, it's an amazing development and I totally appreciate what you do.

I'm writing to ask if anyone can give me a clue or feedback about a crash I'm coming across in the game I'm working. I found why it happens, but currently I've no clue about how to solve it.

The crash happens in particular hardware and configuration: XBox One and DirectX 12 validation layer activated (adding the -dxdebug command argument when executing the game), I'm using Unreal Engine 4.16.3

Doing some detailed binary search iterations, I came across the cause of the bug. It's in the "M_Ocean_Ultra" material, particularly in the "Interpolate between base color and scene color based on the distance between this pixel and the pixel behind it" comment group: the Scene Color node will always cause a crash if is used (see "Crash" screenshot). I've tried replacing the node by a fixed constant value, and the game works with no problem (see "Working fine" screenshot).

The error I get is the following:

[...]
                    D3D12 ERROR: [0x276D3266] ID3D12GraphicsCommandList(Graphics):: DrawIndexedInstanced: The format of render target 0 (R11G11B10_FLOAT) does not match the format specified by the pipeline state (R16G16B16A16_FLOAT). (RTV resource ptr=0x000000031010BA00 resource name="SceneColorDeferred")
                    D3D12 ERROR: [0x5E908FDA] ID3D12GraphicsCommandList(Graphics)::Close: A failure was encountered during command list recording.
                    LogD3D12RHI:Error: CommandList->Close() failed
                    [...]

It seems that Unreal Engine's pipeline gives the material a render target as input, with the scene color content (the name of the render target is "SceneColorDeferred"), but then the validation layer complains to a crash level when it finds out that the format of the given render target is R16G16B16A16_FLOAT, since it was expecting a render target with format R11G11B10_FLOAT.

I've tried with DirectX11 and it works fine (under the same configuration: XBox One and DirectX validation layer command argument activated), so it's a DX12 / Unreal Engine thing.

Also and just in case, the settings I've are as follow:

---------Material---------
                    Material Domain: Surface
                    Blend Mode: Translucent
                    Decal Blend Mode: Translucent
                    Shading Model: Default Lit
                    Two sided: true
                    Use Material Attributes: false
                    Subsurface profile: None

---------Translucency---------
                    Screen Space Reflections: true
                    Lighting Mode: Surface ForwardShading
                    Directional Lightinf Intensity: 1.0
                    Apply Fogging: true
                    Compute Fog Per Pixel: false
                    Separate Translucency: true
                    Mobile Separate Translucency: false
                    Resposive AA: true
                    Allow Custom Depth Writes: false
                    Disable Depth Test: false

Any help / clue / thought will be appreciated, many thanks!

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

• OptionalSteve, sorry for the delay, I've been sidetracked with other projects in the office and I just got back to this.

Problem solved.

I'm loathe to admit it was sheer laziness on my part. If I'd taken the 1.5 seconds it took to read the log file, I would have realized that the issue was not with the plug-in, but my install of Visual Studio 2015 Community, which was hopelessly out of date. Once I applied the Update 3 patch (required for compiling for Unreal) and waited the 2+ hours while it pulled down the 3GB of patch, it worked first try.

Big shout out to Raindance for piecing it together for dopes like me.

ff.

Comment

• Hi! As i understand water plane prevent make any shooting underwater. So how to make avaliable shoots underwater????

Comment

• And other problem about submarine controller is how to dive? Cause simply add velocity to Z axis will not work, I should do it by increasing "mesh Density" or other way??

Comment

• Oh looks i find how to do)) Point Density Overide right?? so i have 6 test point on my sub and Mesh Density 600... i put virtual weight on each points, so they should be more then 600 to dive))))

Comment

• Hey guys

Cam recently added me as a maintainer of the project, so I did some cleaning and (finally) merged the PR to UE4.17!

You can check it here: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject

I'd love if some of you had some time to test and see if everything is okay

If you find errors, please, open an issue in GitHub (it's hard to keep up with so many pages in this topic) and I'll try to get to it.

If you do have improvements you're willing to submit back to the repository, please, open a pull request and I'll try to get it merged as soon as possible

Cheers!
                              Last edited by Zoc; 10-04-2017, 03:44 AM. Reason: Added repository link

Comment

• Zoc I really appreciate you stepping forward to help maintain the project! I'll switch to this new version to test it and take advantage of the clean-up, getting back to original source releases should help the community here a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X