Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'm using the correct heightmap but the shoreline still has large waves. Maybe my problem now is the Modulation Start Height, Max Height, and Power settings. Do you know how I can determine which values to use for those settings?

Could the problem be that my map is too large?

EDIT: Nevermind! I forgot to set the landscape. I know, I'm such a fool!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brenwayne; 08-11-2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Is there any way to prevent this effect where the sky lighting changes between bright and dark when moving the camera? I think it might be caused by light rays or shadows from the boat or landscape, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Edit: It was fixed by selecting the SunLight and disabling Light Shaft Occlusion

Last edited by brenwayne; 08-12-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

After importing ocean project into my project, my post processing volume for highlighting items to pick up has weird behavior where it shows a white rectangle on the screen. Does anyone have ideas on how the ocean project might conflict with other post processing volumes?

It appears that my other post processing volume which uses Set Render Custom Depth highlights the ocean.

Edit: I might be able to use a custom stencil value for my items to make it work. The only problem now is that the underwater PP seems to use all stencil values 0-255.

Edit: Finally figured out how to make it work. All I needed to do was change the default stencil value on my item meshes to 255, then when I want the item to be highlighted, I set Render Custom Depth to true, and set it to false when I don't want it highlighted.
        Last edited by brenwayne; 08-13-2017, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Hello guys! Has anyone been able to successfully compile ocean project for 4.17? This is what I get when trying to compile it.

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running D:/Program Files/UE_4.17/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe OceanProject Development Win64 -project="D:/Program Files/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/OceanProject.uproject" -editorrecompile -progress -NoHotReloadFromIDE
          Creating makefile for OceanProject (no existing makefile)
          D:\Program Files\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.15 4.17\Source\OceanProject\OceanProject.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
          D:\Program Files\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.15 4.17\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Source\OceanPlugin\OceanPlugin.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
          D:\Program Files\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.15 4.17\Source\OceanProject.Target.cs: warning: SetupBinaries() is deprecated in the 4.16 release. From the constructor in your .target.cs file, use ExtraModuleNames.Add("Foo") to add modules to your target, or set LaunchModuleName = "Foo" to override the name of the launch module for program targets.
          D:\Program Files\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.15 4.17\Source\OceanProjectEditor.Target.cs: warning: SetupBinaries() is deprecated in the 4.16 release. From the constructor in your .target.cs file, use ExtraModuleNames.Add("Foo") to add modules to your target, or set LaunchModuleName = "Foo" to override the name of the launch module for program targets.
          Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
          [MENTION=643406]progre[/MENTION]ss push 5%
          Parsing headers for OceanProjectEditor
          Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:\Program Files\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.15 4.17\OceanProject.uproject" "D:\Program Files\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.15 4.17\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\Development\OceanProjectEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
          LogPluginManager: Warning: Engine version string in ../../../../Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/Plugins/OceanPlugin/OceanPlugin.uplugin could not be parsed ("4.15")
          D:/Program Files/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.h(144) : LogCompile: Error: Type 'FForceTriangle' is not supported by blueprint. DrawDebugStuff.TriForce
          D:/Program Files/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.h(192) : LogCompile: Error: Type 'TArray<FForceTriangle>' is not supported by blueprint. AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.SubmergedTris
          D:/Program Files/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.h(201) : LogCompile: Error: Type 'FBuoyancyVertex' is not supported by blueprint. SplitTriangle.H
          D:/Program Files/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.h(201) : LogCompile: Error: Type 'FBuoyancyVertex' is not supported by blueprint. SplitTriangle.M
          D:/Program Files/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.h(201) : LogCompile: Error: Type 'FBuoyancyVertex' is not supported by blueprint. SplitTriangle.L
          D:/Program Files/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.h(201) : LogCompile: Error: Type 'TArray<FForceTriangle>' is not supported by blueprint. SplitTriangle.ReturnValue
          D:/Program Files/Unreal Projects/OceanProject-4.15 4.17/Plugins/OceanPlugin/Source/OceanPlugin/Classes/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent/AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.h(203) : LogCompile: Error: Type 'FForceTriangle' is not supported by blueprint. ApplyForce.TriForce
          Error: UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'OceanProjectEditor' (platform: Win64, module info: D:\Program Files\Unreal Projects\OceanProject-4.15 4.17\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OceanProjectEditor\Development\OceanProjectEditor.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)).

Comment

[MENTION=64496]Raindance[/MENTION] 4.17 included some changes to the way C++ code is exposed to blueprints, which is what is causing this error. You now have to explicitly mark types that you want to be exposed to blueprint. In this case it's struct FBuoyancyVertex and struct FForceTriangle in AdvancedBuoyancyComponent.h. You can fix this by adding the keyword BlueprintType to the USTRUCT macros proceeding both of the structs.

So right now it reads:

USTRUCT()
            struct FBuoyancyVertex
            {
            };

USTRUCT()
            struct FForceTriangle
            {
            };
            But it should be changed to:

USTRUCT(BlueprintType)
            struct FBuoyancyVertex
            {
            };

USTRUCT(BlueprintType)
            struct FForceTriangle
            {
            };
            I haven't upgraded to 4.17 yet, so I don't know if you'll see more errors after you make the edit, but this should fix the errors you quoted in your log.

Comment

[MENTION=86764]OptionalSteve[/MENTION], thank you very much!

Comment

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong with mine?
                I'm on 4.16 and I've followed all of the steps on the wiki but my ocean just looks like noise and my sun is hidden behind atmosphere and not really bright. I've included screenshots. Let me know if you need to see pictures of anything else.Click image for larger version

Name:	Ocean.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	953.6 KB
ID:	1132604Click image for larger version

Name:	Sun.PNG
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	1132606Click image for larger version

Name:	sun2.PNG
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	1132607

Comment

Community Ocean project plugin 4.17 download

I have managed to compile plugin for 4.17. Without further ado, here is a link for you all.

Community ocean project plugin 4.17 + source download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie9y7fo9a4...ource.rar?dl=0

You still need to download original ocean project from github (https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject), but you need to replace plugins folder with a new one.

Changelog:
                  - 4.17 support
                  - TargetInfo arguments replaced with ReadOnlyTargetRules arguments
                  - Keywords BlueprintType added to the USTRUCT macroses
                  - Removed old versions of dll files, .dll is rebuilt from scratch
                  Last edited by Raindance; 08-18-2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Thanks Raindance

Comment

I put the compile changes up on github.

Code:
                        git clone https://github.com/salamanderrake/OceanProject.git -b 4.16-to-4.17
                        which will clone the branch with the needed changes to compile.

*EDIT*

Add remote and clone remote branch into your local tree.
                        Code:
                        git remote add rake https://github.com/salamanderrake/OceanProject.git
                        git fetch rake
                        git checkout -b 4.16-to-4.17 rake/4.16-to-4.17
                        Last edited by eWomerOC; 08-19-2017, 08:47 AM. Reason: Add remote to fetch inside your local copy

Comment

Hi, I try replace the files from Radiance but the project cant be open in UE 4.17, any has successful?

Comment

i have tried Both 4.17 solutions, get the same error when i am trying to compile my code can somebody help me out ?

(some things have been removed for personal reasons )

Code:
                            1>------ Build started: Project: <projectname>., Configuration: Development_Game x64 ------
                            1>Creating makefile for <projectname> (no existing makefile)
                            1>Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
                            1>EXEC : error : Couldn't find module rules file for module 'OceanProject'.
                            1><path>\VsComunity\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "<path>\UE_4.16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat <projectname> Win64 Development "<ProjectFolder>\<projectname>.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                            1>Done building project "ProjectFS.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
                            ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
                            thanks

Last edited by dimin69; 08-31-2017, 02:59 PM. Reason: removed pc path's

Comment

Has this project been abandoned?

Comment

i try to migrate the whole content folder of the untouched fresh-downloaded community ocean 4.15 into a blank 4.15 project and i cant get the bp_ocean actor to load when i open any of the maps... anybody have success on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X