This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnrate View Post
    Make sure you use a feature level switch with that because it will only work with SM5. Any other settings will cause the entire material to disappear if you don't have the feature level switch.
    Thanks for the tip, is this because the distance field node only works with SM5?

Comment

Originally posted by OptionalSteve View Post
      Thanks for the tip, is this because the distance field node only works with SM5?
      Yeah the DistanceToNearestSurface node

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how to add buoyancy to my character. I have added the buoyancyforce to the skeletal mesh but i still sink. Is there a guide out there on how to apply buoyancy?

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan light
          Please stop spamming this thread and post about your product you are selling in its own thread.

Comment

[MENTION=86764]OptionalSteve[/MENTION] Glad the solution we posted in our thread helped you out. The mesh will only generate mesh distance fields if it's shadows are enabled. My guess is that it uses the ambient occlusion soft shadow channel which generates the distance fields for ambient occlusion shadowing.

Comment

Originally posted by mkakasapu View Post
              I know about Buoyancy points. If I add buoyancy points for a static mesh it is fine. But If add them to pawn, It still floats but it will not react to the waves.

Thanks
              Take a look at the Ocean Project map. The boats in it are Pawn blueprints with two different methods of making the actor float. You can try either of those. The fishing boat is likely similar to what you are looking for.

Comment

Hi

When i use the plugin with UE 4.16 a message tell me to recomplile the plugin.
                The question is how to recomplile only the plugin without having to integrate the whole project. Or if i could find a version already compiled.

Thanks.

Comment

just wanna let some words here. First of all a huge thank you. Thats to amazing. Getting trough this, will maybe a bit tough, but all you work you guys did, its the least thing we can do.

Comment

Hi, i cant open the project in UE 4.17, if anybody can made a update would be nice, thanks.

Comment

Haven't tried it for a while. Does this work in ue4.17, Linux with Vulkan?

Comment

I would like to use this in an online multiplayer game. Has anyone tried this, or have any tips on how I can make this work?

I'm working on it now so I'll post some instructions here if I get it to work. Let's see if I can apply my 1 month of expertise in UE.

Edit: I wish I had seen this tutorial earlier - https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project
                        Last edited by brenwayne; 08-10-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

The wave surface effect is missing for one quarter of the map. What could be causing this?

Edit: To fix this problem, select BP_Ocean in the World Outliner, set Hide Actors to BP_Skydome, and set Landscape to your landscape. I'm not sure how this fixed it but it did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	73de66828a7d05fb5540df4aa60740e2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	870.8 KB
ID:	1132296
                          Last edited by brenwayne; 08-10-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know how to make the waves more calm at shorelines?

My shorelines currently look like this:

Name:	e0c61a492064d2633d4a7b26db86955f.png
Size:	632.3 KB
ID:	1132322

I've been changing these settings in BP_Ocean but the shorelines still look like the above picture. I haven't tried inputting the correct heightmap yet, so I'll give that a try.

Name:	7465cd146027d8d9d0d631e2ef476125.png
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1132323

I have another unrelated issue. I get this error when packaging and the build fails:
                            "UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'E:\Programs\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-OceanPlugin.lib'"
                            Last edited by brenwayne; 08-11-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brenwayne View Post
                              Does anyone know how to make the waves more calm at shorelines?
                              Inputting the correct heightmap makes a huge difference with the landscape modulation. If you make any changes to the shoreline using the landscape editor, make sure to update the heightmap texture you use for modulation.

Comment

Originally posted by brenwayne View Post
                                I have another unrelated issue. I get this error when packaging and the build fails:
                                "UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'E:\Programs\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-OceanPlugin.lib'"
                                I know the tutorial says to drop the plugin in the engine folder, but unfortunately that tutorial is old and outdated. Create a plugins folder in your project and drop the plugin files there, then remove it from your engine folder. Here's a link to earlier in this thread where it came up.

Comment

Working...
                                X