This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

has anyone manage to make physical animation working with this plugin correctly ?
    when I add a skeletal mesh with buoyancy force and physical animation the movements are not entirely correct

Comment

I like this a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Evo_256 View Post
        Hi, First off I have to say this is an amazing project and exactly what I needed s a base for a project I'm working on. However being pretty new to ue4 ive spent the last couple of weeks trying to get my head around the blueprint system among other things and managed to solve most of the hurdles Ive faced. However a couple of things I need help with now. I would like to know how to make a boat for example Bp_Boat spawn as the player when the level starts, I can change the default mesh/blueprint to Bp_Boat in the project settings but that only gives me the mesh as the player character without any of the movement and buoyancy blueprints applied. Any help with this is appreciated, thanks guys.
        [MENTION=791421]Evo_256[/MENTION], i'm not sure if i understood your question correctly, but if you want to spawn with the boat when you hit play, just click Blueprints icon in the toolbar, highlight the project settings and change your pawn from the right menu. change it to BP you want to possess in the beginnig.

Comment

I have managed to integrate transparency into the project + underwater effect cut (Physical Water Surface)

Comment

This is incredible! Lots of exciting stuff in progress on the Trello board. Thanks to all the contributors for their work on this!

Comment

Originally posted by dvd.kh
              nice and incredible!!

can you share your ocean material setup? or little information? i have physical water surface but their shading is not so good :[
              Thank you very much I could provide a picture of your mistake

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan light View Post
                I have managed to integrate transparency into the project + underwater effect cut (Physical Water Surface)
                Looks really nice. Would love to see what you changed and how you went about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                  Looks really nice. Would love to see what you changed and how you went about it.

Sure, no problem, you want me to do a related video on what you ask? Or do you need technical information on the changes?

Comment

Is there any video to learn how to create an infinite ocean. for open world. I tried searching but this doesnt really have a name name so its hard to search lol.
                    Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

here is the screenshot of the material of "Physical Water Surface" ...
                      so we need how to do this ... can you share modified version of this material .uasset file or screenshot?

I'm sorry for being late. I am very busy lately doing improvements in the ocean. It would be too hard to explain since the funsion is extremely extensive, I had to modify the maya, to appear funsiones etc, when I finish implementing everything reveal my method

Since I can not provide the material either because it is better that I consulted Theokoles

Comment

I've been trying to use this with trueSKY but keep getting the holes people are talking about. Some suggest adding the trueSKY transparency node but that leaves it with smaller holes since it isn't using the "Custom Depth Buffer Calculation for Translucency (transparency sorting workaround)" section of the material. I've tried both the regular node and the modifier but it doesn't help.

With no change:

With trueSKY transparency:
                        Attached Files

Comment

here is the screenshot of the material of "Physical Water Surface" ...
                          so we need how to do this ... can you share modified version of this material .uasset file or screenshot?

I am trying to provide the material to Theokoles with the features that I have integrated I will await your response

Comment

I'm having a play with this at the moment to see if it will work for a project I'm doing. I'm only using the ocean component, however I'm finding that the water doesn't get dark at night time. In the dcSkyTestMap the ocean gets nice and dark at night time. However if I try some of the other maps like the IslandMap, the ocean doesn't get dark when making it night time. It has too much light reflection or something going on. I'm just wondering what exactly controls the darkness (or light reflection) of the ocean. I'm trying to integrate it with my own sky system and can't figure out how exactly the ocean gets darker at night time in the dcSkyTestMap so that I can hook into the same function with my own set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                              I've been trying to use this with trueSKY but keep getting the holes people are talking about. Some suggest adding the trueSKY transparency node but that leaves it with smaller holes since it isn't using the "Custom Depth Buffer Calculation for Translucency (transparency sorting workaround)" section of the material. I've tried both the regular node and the modifier but it doesn't help.

With no change:

With trueSKY transparency:
                              The TrueSky node is actually doing exactly what it should and the problem it caused on your water is in fact fully fixed. The smaller holes you are seeing are caused by the fact that Unreal engine is a deferred renderer which has serious issues with rendering layered transparency. There is a "workaround" to "fix" this though but it comes at a cost. A cost of having to render your ocean twice, meaning you will need to place your ocean mesh inside your level at the exact same coordinates twice. One has your normal ocean shader he other will act as a depth buffer rendered at a seperate depth channel which you then have to call from your main ocean shader and use as a mask to hide the backside of each wave. This also means that he back of each wave will also be fully opaque, but there is yet another fix for that if you use custom refraction by utilizing your scene color which does allow you to create fully transparent water material with no sorting issues but if you want to know more about that just ask.

These are the nodes you will need in your main shader: (Note I did not come up with this fix, It was provided by someone on the forums and is also included in the community ocean project)
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	opacity.png
Views:	1
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1130573

Custom node:

Name:	a82d5ca9d2d90598a53bd5ccc18dc8b9.png
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1130575

Then you'll want to make a depth buffer material to apply on your second mesh. Inside this material should be your wave displacement and pretty much nothing more. Might want to tweak some settings to make it as lightweight as possible as all this material needs to do is render to a custom depth pass, nothing more. Then apply this material to your second waterplane mesh and make sure the waterplane mesh is set to render to custom depth pass:

Name:	depth.png
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1130574

That's it. The sorting issues will be gone, but your water just got twice as expensive to render.

There are probably better ways to deal with this issue but I have no idea how. Well I guess you could switch to forward rendering, but that has other issues and limitations that don't weigh up against the pros of defered rendering. If anyone knows of some other fix for this sorting issue, feel free to correct me.
                              Last edited by WixZ; 07-03-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

hi jonathan,
                                what is Theokoles?? you mean screenshot of the material?

like this:
                                Is the creator of Physical Water Surface

Comment

Working...
                                X