This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys,

I'm currently working on an ArchVis project that uses the BP_Sky from this plugin. Sadly, I have an issue/a bug when trying to build lighting. It simply doesn't build the light at all. Someone recommended turning on 'Force No Precomputed Lighting' on which, for me, only disables the build process. I still have a huge performance hit and lighting bugs resulting in holes in the skybox.

Does anybody else have this issue and maybe also a solution to this?

Comment

Hey guys. One question, how do you turn off the distortion effect when you're under water. Cause technically you should only get a distortion effect when you're on the surface looking at something below the water but when you're also below the water there wouldn't be distortion anymore.
      -TorQueMoD
      www.torquemod.com

Comment

Originally posted by TorQueMoD View Post
        Hey guys. One question, how do you turn off the distortion effect when you're under water. Cause technically you should only get a distortion effect when you're on the surface looking at something below the water but when you're also below the water there wouldn't be distortion anymore.
        disable the postprocess part of the underwater ...

^ little misleading ...

there is a part in the postprocess for the pp_underwater that needs turned off and set back to default.
        it maybe a mix of a couple settings, but, thats where you start
        Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
        Dallas, TX USA
        https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Kinda stuck here, I'm trying to combine the Nvidia Waveworks ocean sim with the buoyancy code from this project. Waveworks no longer supports buoyancy by default so I have to figure this out before development can continue.

The method described on the Github page (https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project) for getting the ocean plugin into another project doesn't work with the Waveworks build of 4.15. I've also tried copying the C++ classes for buoyancy manually but never got them to compile. Handkor's buoyancy tutorial (https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Render_Target_Lookup) could work as the Waveworks material is similar, but I don't have enough C++ knowledge to follow along.

Could anyone give me some pointers on how I could do this?

Comment

I have modified the ocean and this is achieved, the only problem is when the character interacts with the ocean xD :RE

( Physical Water Surface UE4 )

test 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	hola.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	1128070
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DiuxKira; 05-14-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Update to 4.16 with new features please

Comment

jonanthan, 4.16 just came out today, they'll need a bit of time! But yes, I'm also waiting on updating. I tried looking for source code to try and update myself from what I grabbed off the github page, but couldnt figure it out.
                https://www.patreon.com/MMaxwell
                https://twitter.com/Michael25991355

Comment

a update to 4.16 with the new volumetric lights feature for the sun in underwater mode would be nice.

Comment

Hey guys. I installed the plugin to my game and I'm getting an error on build... "ERROR: Unable to determine module type for E:\MyDocs\Unreal Projects\BeastMode\Source\OceanProject\OceanProject.Build.cs"
                    How would I fix this?
                    -TorQueMoD
                    www.torquemod.com

Comment

Oh... nevermind. I deleted out the Source folder and this fixed the problem.
                      -TorQueMoD
                      www.torquemod.com

Comment

Hi there.

Is there a way to adapt ocean plugin for a lake? Basically, replace infinite ocean system with a smaller finite mesh? We tried to simply replace the mesh and remove the infinite system component, but it doesn't work properly. There are holes that appear in the water in place of waves. Putting a very big negative number in landscape modulation start height seems to remove the holes, but it removes the waves too. Any ideas?
                        Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                        Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                        TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

So I've been messing around with this project in UE 4.15 for a few days now, and I can't seem to figure out how to get the underwater post-process effect to work properly when importing into a new project.
                          The original project seems to have this effect working (or at least IslandMap does), but even after a full copy and paste of the Contents folder into a new project, followed by loading IslandMap from that new project, it doesn't seem to keep the effect functioning.
                          The underwater effect simply never occurs, unless you explicitly add `M_Underwater_PP_Inst2` to the PostProcess Volume... But of course, then the effect is always on, even when above water.

Here's a comparison...
                          Original Project:

Name:	CSLCkj8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1129141
                          New Project:

Name:	Bz5EozU.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1129142

I've tried many things, including following this seemingly outdated setup tutorial.
                          No dice. I've taken a good long amount of time debugging `BP_Underwater` and I'm really not sure if anything is wrong with it or not. It seems to function the same in both projects.
                          So why would this work in the original project, but not in a new one?
                          Attached Files

Comment

how exactly do i find the test points for the Byoyancy? cause its not exactly easy to find out

Comment

Hi there !

Has someone managed to make this amazing project work on linux ?

Thanks !

Comment

[MENTION=90272]MichaelWion[/MENTION] Have you enabled "Custom Depth-Stencil Pass" in the rendering section of your project settings? The value has to be set to "Enabled with Stencil" for the underwater PP to work, since it relies on a custom stencil to differentiate between the above and below sections of the water line.

[MENTION=736283]LeechingPray[/MENTION] By "find the test points" do you mean how to determine where to place them, how to add/remove them, or how to visualize them? If you mean how to add/remove them, the BuoyancyForce component has a vector array within it called TestPoints that you can use to add/remove new test points and set their locations.

As for determining where to place them, it's based on how you want your ship to sit in the water. Put them at the water line, two in the center, two near the stern and two near the bow. For larger ships you may need up to 10 (like the Man O' War). There's no right answer here, but definitely place them symmetrically around the ship.

If you're asking how to visualize them, the only way I've found is to create a separate vector array variable in your ship's BP and whichever values your set in that array will be visible in the main editor's viewport (since it has more view options). You can see an example of this in BP_ManOWar, although the "test" array is not synced to the BP's BuoyancyForce component.

Comment

Working...
                                X