This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nestg View Post
    adding Ocean to hide actor in planar reflections component the problem is solved, thanks Angrytoilet.
    you can select the reflection comp and make the distance massive if you wanted.... that should cover you lol
    i had to make mine 6x bigger to cover out my entire playable ocean area
    Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
    Dallas, TX USA
    https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

I updated my fork of OceanProject plugin with these fixes:
      (I'm not sure why they weren't picked up for merge, but still, this allowed me to clean them up )

Code:
      Updated to Visual Studio 2017
      Added user folder from VS2017 to .gitignore
      Fixed many errors and warnings
      Changed M_Ocean_SSR Reflection Cubemap param from Color to Linear Color
      Changed ThirdPersonCharacter GrabComponentAtLocation node with GrabComponentAtLocationWithRotation. Left the rotation data as default (0,0,0).
      Deleted broken BP_SkyOLD (Replaced with BP_Skydome). Removed together auxiliary WB_SkyOLD_HUD debug widget.
      Deleted Old versions of the ManOfWar meshes (they were messing up the build tool and weren't referenced anywhere)
      Updated BP_Rivertool, replacing the deprecated functions
      Replaced View.ViewSizeAndSceneTexelSize.xy with an external node in M_PP_RadialBlur
      Updated OceanShaderEnum.uasset to UE4.15
      Updated README.md to show features added in UE4.12 and that it is updated to UE4.15
      Merged with base OceanProject repository
      Merged my changed with base OceanProject repository
      Also removed RuntimeMeshComponent plugin (Which I forgot to include in the changelog).

If anyone had cloned my fork, I apologize for the mess in there. The master change in the main repository caused tons of conflicts in my fork. (They changed the master branch).
      My 4.12 branch is probably kinda messed up, but I managed to fix my 4.15 branch and submitted a pull request.

Link to my fork: https://github.com/TheZoc/OceanProject

Link to my pull request: https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...roject/pull/35

Comments and fixes are welcome, as always

Comment

Hi again, i am making a underwater game (i am using last version 4.15 of the project) and would like get a result like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	ado-noyé-italie-43-minutes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1126463

but for the moment the underwater mode looks this (i will be try made sun shafts later), any way to make distortion of the sun? thanks.

Name:	Sintítulo7.png
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	1126462
        Last edited by Nestg; 04-14-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, I've read the set-up guides but I can't for the life of me figure out why, but when I drag the BP_Ocean into my scene it's pure white and it's flickering like crazy. I can see the water nicely when I move extremely close to the plane; any ideas on how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by I Just ****** View Post
            Hey guys, I've read the set-up guides but I can't for the life of me figure out why, but when I drag the BP_Ocean into my scene it's pure white and it's flickering like crazy. I can see the water nicely when I move extremely close to the plane; any ideas on how to fix this?
            make sure you enable the planer reflections in your project -
            side note: open the different maps that come with the project and make sure you are not getting the same effect.
            If you are NOT, then, what other plugins are you using? clear project with nothing else besides this BP in it? Make sure you pulled the plugins folder and the content over to your own project properly (i dont use migrate, i use windows explorer copy/paste)
            Dallas, TX USA

Comment

Planar reflections is enabled in my project. I'm running 4.15.1. When I loaded the project for the first time I had the same effects on the viewport (brown mud decals on the screen?) as in the demo scene, and the water functioned for a brief moment before it returned to it's current state. I have no other plugins other than the default ones; this is the only plugin I've worked with so far. Might it be because I'm using World Composition? The results doesn't change when I place the ocean in the persistent level or not.

I normally just copy/paste aswell, but that made the blueprint into a "Bad Blueprint" and gave me disconnected errors in the code.

Here's how it appears once I've migrated the Ocean folder, turned on Planar Reflections, enabled the plugin. The water is moving, but the only visuals I can see is this. If I move further away the entire plane goes white like the rest of this picture:

Name:	Issues.png
Size:	665.3 KB
ID:	1126560
              Last edited by Devatsu; 04-18-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Maybe an issue with 4.15.1. I am not sure, I am not running 4.15. Make sure you are running the latest ocean plugin? Hopefully someone using 4.15 can speak up and assist.
                Dallas, TX USA

Comment

Well the ocean works in the demo scenes so it shouldn't be the engines' fault, but the import on my side. I'm running version 1.0 of the plugin.

Comment

Well the ocean works in the demo scenes so it shouldn't be the engines' fault, but the import on my side. I'm running version 1.0 of the plugin.
                    if its working in the demo, then your projects settings some place is breaking it.
                    test: new project > add in ocean stuff only (copy paste) > see if it all loads for you (not on demo map)

come to think of it -
                    i had some weird issues with transparencies and other stuff breaking my water. kinda like what you are seeing. mainly the caps were all missing from the waves lol. Turns out TrueSky broke the water due to some material settings ...

anyways - check what else could be causing it, reflections, materials in the sky ... it could really be anything
                    Dallas, TX USA

Comment

I found the issue; I have a post processing volume in my scene, which overlays objects that I interact with, and is therefore unbound. When the volume is not unbound, the ocean works just as expected. Any suggestions? I wouldn't want to remove the volume as it's mandatory for my interaction system. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I found the issue; I have a post processing volume in my scene, which overlays objects that I interact with, and is therefore unbound. When the volume is not unbound, the ocean works just as expected. Any suggestions? I wouldn't want to remove the volume as it's mandatory for my interaction system. Thanks for the help!
                        well here is the rub ...
                        the global is unbound (for ocean) you can remove that.
                        the swim/water pp is bound, but, will move with the water waves ... so ..
                        try this: set to ultra, remove the global pp, keep the rest. set your global as your own pp (in the ocean BP, but, not inside the bp .. just the editable functions)
                        that should work and keep the water setup and working, and, then when out of water, your own pp will take the place.
                        now .. if you need BOTH pp to work, you got me there, 2 postprocess at once maybe not be doable .. i dont know
                        Dallas, TX USA

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan light

Look what I found
                          Thank god someone else is working on FFT water, this project looks like its dead

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan light
                            If you are quite right lately I do not see tkmaster in these places
                            i dont know that its "dead" i think they are working on something for the marketplace
                            really it depends on if you need ocean travel or not for this
                            the overhead (assuming your NOT using it for an ocean game) just isnt worth it.
                            Using this for an ocean game (travel or whatever) its not that bad.
                            With that said, there are plenty of ocean planes that can simulate this same effect and even have spline based lines for the breaks on a beach .... the one i am using to replace this is the one from the Tripical Islands on marketplace. The ocean has like 0 loss to my project, and, the beach line actually looks like .. a beach line.

Again, if your not making a ocean based project (sea travel, tons of underwater game play, needing water physics for waves and such) then this will be one of the biggest "wastes" of time and over head you can use. Its like building an "outerspace" to your map when you will never have outerspace travel.

Not trying to down this, as i think the community has done an outstanding job, but, its you dont need this, its not worth the trouble.
                            Dallas, TX USA

Comment

Hey when I package my project, I always got an error. Please help your project is so amazing !

Comment

Originally posted by AP_Studios View Post
                                i dont know that its "dead" i think they are working on something for the marketplace
                                really it depends on if you need ocean travel or not for this
                                the overhead (assuming your NOT using it for an ocean game) just isnt worth it.
                                Using this for an ocean game (travel or whatever) its not that bad.
                                With that said, there are plenty of ocean planes that can simulate this same effect and even have spline based lines for the breaks on a beach .... the one i am using to replace this is the one from the Tripical Islands on marketplace. The ocean has like 0 loss to my project, and, the beach line actually looks like .. a beach line.

Again, if your not making a ocean based project (sea travel, tons of underwater game play, needing water physics for waves and such) then this will be one of the biggest "wastes" of time and over head you can use. Its like building an "outerspace" to your map when you will never have outerspace travel.

Not trying to down this, as i think the community has done an outstanding job, but, its you dont need this, its not worth the trouble.
                                This whole project is amazing I am sorry if my question was misunderstood

Comment

Working...
                                X