This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afritus View Post
    I am currently trying out an iFFT approach for an Ocean Shader running on the GPU.
    That looks really nice! What are your plans for the project? The marketplace could definitely use more ocean shaders

Comment

Originally posted by OptionalSteve View Post
      That looks really nice! What are your plans for the project? The marketplace could definitely use more ocean shaders
      Thank you. I don't really have any plans for this project and the shader is far from being finished. I don't think that I will publish it on the marketplace anytime soon :/

Comment

Hi guys! I am a scientist of KM3NeT and we are building an underwater neutrino telescope. I made a virtual reality experience using the ocean project with the aim to show our detector to young students and I want to share it with you. This is the first game I did with UE4 so isn't perfect.
        By the way thank you so much for this fantastic project!.
        here the link
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgKrfUu4fcQ

hope you like it
        cheers
        Carlos

Comment

Originally posted by mike444 View Post
          Well I have no problems at all by using the link earlier in this thread with the latest unreal.
          How did you manage to open it? To me, it says that the following modules are missing or made with a different engine version and shows 2 DLLs. It offers to recompile, but fails. I tried to open the sln file in Visual Studio, right clicked on the project and pressed rebuild. That failed as well. I'm not a programmer so I have no idea if I did something wrong, I tried to figure out the steps reading other people's posts here.
          Also, I checked Github and saw that there is a pull request and people say that I can download that, but failed to find any way to do so. I see only one download button on the main page. (I have never used Github either) If you or somebody could upload a working 4.14 or 4.15 version somewhere easily reachable place, that would be super awesome!
          Last edited by Fisher007; 04-08-2017, 10:51 AM.
          Portfolio

Comment

hi...my name is farid.i want to ask how to run thi project?i already download this project from github and try to compile from visual studio 2015. but when i compile it, always show Error : UBT error : Failed to produce item : MyDirectory\plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-projectname.dll .what should i do?

Comment

Hi thanks for this great project
              Any chance the project will be updated for unreal 4.14 or 4.15 ?
              It would be awsome ! Thanks again

Comment

Hello,
                Thanks for sharing this codes, I want to get Maximum / Minimum of Sun Altitude at starting of day (at 00:00:00) but i don't know how to calculate that, that would be great for any solution ....
                ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
                GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

The 4.12 branch on the repo is misnamed, it is 4.15 compatible. I assume, in the same vein, that the commit before the 4.15 one is 4.14 compatible

Comment

Hi, i am running the project but small objects near to ocean surface are not reflected in water, is possible get this reflections? thanks.
                    Last edited by Nestg; 04-13-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRobecchi View Post
                      The 4.12 branch on the repo is misnamed, it is 4.15 compatible. I assume, in the same vein, that the commit before the 4.15 one is 4.14 compatible
                      How did you do ? It won't work for me :/

Comment

Originally posted by Nestg View Post
                        Hi, i am running the project but small objects near to ocean surface are not reflected in water, is possible get this reflections? thanks.
                        make sure planer reflections is on
                        Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                        Dallas, TX USA
                        https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Thanks, i have in ON planar reflections but small objects near to water are not appear in reflections, only small objects far away from water appear, i try diferrent settings for planar reflection but none works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	título5.png
Views:	1
Size:	609.6 KB
ID:	1126429
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Nestg; 04-13-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nestg View Post
                            Thanks, i have in ON planar reflections but small objects near to water are not appear in reflections, only small objects far away from water appear, i try diferrent settings for planar reflection but none works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137170[/ATTACH]
                            that is weird, i just remoted to my dev machine from work and i do not have this issue.
                            im still using 4.14 because of the loss in 4.15 right now ... but .. i didnt notice it. If someone wants to test 4.15 for this, they can. You would have to wait for me to build a 4.15 setup to get ya a real answer
                            Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                            Dallas, TX USA
                            https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Looks like the problem is the distance of planar reflection component to water surface, when i move near this to the water level the reflections appear but too appear random dark (dirty) zones (reflections) in the water. Possibly are reflection of the water in the same water, any way to disable this?, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	título6.png
Views:	1
Size:	785.8 KB
ID:	1126430
                              Last edited by Nestg; 04-13-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

adding Ocean to hide actor in planar reflections component the problem is solved, thanks Angrytoilet.
                                Last edited by Nestg; 04-13-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X