Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So can anyone help recompile this plugin for 4.15 please, Anyone.

Comment

is this thread still alive?

Comment

[MENTION=156664]porckchop[/MENTION] It's a slow-moving thread. I think a lot of us are awaiting TK-Master's FFT implementation, so there's not a whole lot of discussion. Have you tried compiling TheZoc's 4.14 repo in 4.15? What issues are you having?

Comment

[MENTION=1127]TK-Master[/MENTION], thank you for this project, I've gotten a lot of good use out of it so far. My biggest issue and really the only one I haven't been able to solve is the ocean surface clipping through the hulls of my ships.

I'm able to use the distance field opacity mask to mask out the approximate shape of my hulls:

But it's an imperfect solution. When the boat rolls on the waves clipping can occur, and sometimes it's impossible to correctly shape the mask to the hull. So a few questions:

1.) Is there a better way to generate the distance field required for the mask? Such as using the mesh distance fields that are generated for DFAO.

2.) Is there any way to use a mesh as the source for the mask, or some solution that doesn't involve distance fields?

3.) In the ocean material there is a non-functioning wave displacement section. If it was to function, would it solve the clipping issue?

4.) Will the interactive water heightfield in your upcoming FFT ocean be able to solve the clipping problem?

Also multiplying the opacity mask right at the end of the opacity pipeline seems to break the rest of the opacity settings, is there any way to fix that?
          Attached Files

Comment

when I try to recompile I get an error saying it cant compile try thru source, im using ue4.15 the one downloaded from launcher not source, and I have visual studios 2013 and 2015. but nothing I cant even create a code project. That's why I was hoping if someone could kindly do me the favor. I really need this.

Comment

Originally posted by porckchop View Post
              when I try to recompile I get an error saying it cant compile try thru source, im using ue4.15 the one downloaded from launcher not source, and I have visual studios 2013 and 2015. but nothing I cant even create a code project. That's why I was hoping if someone could kindly do me the favor. I really need this.
              Hey porkchop it works with 4.15 you have to get Zoc's update to the 4.12 version, this newer version worked for me using 4.14, and 4.15. I am using 4.15 now and it compiles. Only difference between my version and the default updated version from Zoc is that I have removed all the content I am not using, like boats, and time of day additions. So go to github and download zoc's branched version.

-Vex
              Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
              Twitch Channel
              Artstation
              Youtube Channel

Comment

Please update the plugin to 4.15

Comment

Originally posted by Vexar View Post
                  Hey porkchop it works with 4.15 you have to get Zoc's update to the 4.12 version, this newer version worked for me using 4.14, and 4.15. I am using 4.15 now and it compiles. Only difference between my version and the default updated version from Zoc is that I have removed all the content I am not using, like boats, and time of day additions. So go to github and download zoc's branched version.

-Vex
                  Yep confirm this version works on 4.15. I get a couple of warning but nothing stopping it working.

Comment

Has anyone got any experience with the networked side of this project?

Comment

Hey Vexar what error's are you getting? And Thanx for verifying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vexar View Post
                        why I think Epic should write a water system or buy this one and add it to the engine. This one has a lot of features but it is not finished or something I could use in a shipping product.
                        Luckily, it's released under the MIT license. There's no need to buy.

Comment

Has OWS features to create similar styled waves/beach water?

How to get GDC 2017 Unreal Real styled Ocean Beach/Waves? See https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...568#post679568
                          [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan light

This was done in unreal engine 4
                            That looks amazing!

Comment

Look's great where can we get this lol

Comment

Wait, how did you do that for 4.15??

Comment

Working...
                                X