X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoc View Post
    Hey [MENTION=1127]TK-Master[/MENTION]

May I suggest you to add the marketplace plugin AND keep the project open source?
    This, I will not buy nor support without the source. It's just a liability in my opinion...being dependent on a non open source plugin and having to wait/hope for an update when a new engine version is released possibly losing the entire investment...with the source at least we have a choice to port it ourselfes. Also I think marketplace is a better option than other solutions, it's just a more convinent way to download/maintain.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=1127]TK-Master[/MENTION]

Thanks for the update. The screenshot looks great!

May I suggest you to add the marketplace plugin AND keep the project open source?
      From many posts I found here, it seems there are a bunch of users eager to get a ready-made package for user (target customers for a marketplace plugin) and a bunch of us who like to hack away at the plugin.
      Originally posted by DavidNSilva View Post
      This, I will not buy nor support without the source. It's just a liability in my opinion...being dependent on a non open source plugin and having to wait/hope for an update when a new engine version is released possibly losing the entire investment...with the source at least we have a choice to port it ourselfes. Also I think marketplace is a better option than other solutions, it's just a more convinent way to download/maintain.
      Perhaps I miswrote it a little bit.. I did not meant that the marketplace version will be binary-only (without the source code)! that would be ridiculous indeed xD
      If you pay for a plugin then it should absolutely include the source code so you can modify it as you like.

What I was trying to say is that after a period of time I will release the plugin (for free) on github or otherwise.

Talking about code fixes, can you take a look at this Pull Request ? There are more fixes at my GitHub fork that I can submit if you want
      I will try to merge it in the main repo when I find some time

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
      WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
      WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

The plugin idea sounds great, as I have no idea how to implement the shader at the moment, even tho I have been follow this post for a long time I have no clue to what file is need and where to put it
        so a plugin from the experts sound brill.
        I have bought all the water shaders and blueprints that can be used in UE4 and all of them have no crashing waves, and no beach/shallow waves if that makes sense/
        And would love to see this option.

screen shot looks amazing,
        And thank you to all that is supporting this project, great work..

Comment

Would definitely support this project if it was released on the marketplace. Hard work that benefits the community should be rewarded.

Comment

plugin? Please with Linux and Vulkan support.

Comment

Hey TK,

Is there any chance of getting a more user friendly method for masking the water surface out? I'm specifically thinking of smaller boats where the water surface clips through the hull walls? I've struggled with this, on and off, for months with no simple solution.

Comment

The camera on the ship seems to be broken. Is there a fix or workaround? I see the workaround for a camera glitch that Epic needs to fix in the blueprint, but the camera still doesn't seem to look at the ship properly. I'm in 4.14, if that matters.
                Last edited by Carnivoris; 01-09-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Is there a tutorial on how to setup and customise an ocean? I can't seem to find any here on in the project files.

Comment

YES MARKETPLACE PLUGIN PLEASE!!!!! OMG that would be so awesome

Comment

+1 For plugin, will buy it for sure

Comment

No compatible with 4.14 ?
                        My yt creations
                        My website : http://alphas-projects.com/content/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by AlphA-Fr View Post
                          No compatible with 4.14 ?
                          Look back through the last few pages, there's a 4.14 compatible repo.
                          Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Someone knows how to fix this sea shadow problem ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	1121310

Comment

+1 for the marketplace idea. Your screenshot of the FFT waves looks amazeballs! You would definitely have my cash in a heartbeat :P

Comment

One of the biggest things I loved about this, was it was an open community project. Going the paid marketplace path... I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone else on this. I also loved that this competed with the paid stuff on the marketplace and felt that it pushed those selling stuff to do better. I wholeheartedly feel there should be an open version of this, at the very least in tandem with an "easy" paid version for the weak-kneed out there. If you are serious dev, you can work with this. If you just want some plug-n-play action and code and/or more than 20 minutes of work scares you, then pay a few bucks.

Just my 2 cents, as a long time user of this beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X