X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, thanks!
    Got everything working, once.
    Everytime the editor tosses me a "this was built with another version" error on the plugin and then attempts to rebuild. The rebuilds always fail in the end and i cant open the project without deleting the plugins folder. I am using 4.14.1 source so im not sure what the issue is. I get it all running again after deleting the plugins folder. The initial load works 100% of the time, i can add water, do whatever, all runs perfectly. Until i close and re-open, then, suddenly the build fails on the plugin.
    Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
    Dallas, TX USA
    https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

I'd like to add that I solved my issue by tweaking not the light but the atmospheric fog. Not sure why that was an issue but I'm guessing it cut off the rendering of a reflection somewhere. Not the most scientific explanation but there it is none the less!

Comment

Hello Everyone!
        Me and my colleagues wanted to say thanks and show you the end result of our project that this plugin made possible.
        Great work and many thanks to everyone involved!!
        Homepage link
        http://berge.io/lysekil
        Vimeo link
        https://vimeo.com/182999782
        Youtube (Finale of the race)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad91cVuVJOM&t=22338s

Comment

What's the status about shader support for linux?

Comment

Hi author, Since I am new to UE4. I've been suffering to setup my own third person bp. Enable to make my character to walk under in the water like you do. Can I get some main instruction from you? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Wu View Post
              Hi author, Since I am new to UE4. I've been suffering to setup my own third person bp. Enable to make my character to walk under in the water like you do. Can I get some main instruction from you? Thank you
              Jamie - the project comes with a few maps. The setup is pretty straight forward on the setup, you can even copy/pate the volumes and such to make it work exact. You can pick apart the BPs from in there as well. There is a map, i think its like the 2nd or 3rd on from the left (inside the editor) that works flawless. Check it out!
              Dallas, TX USA

Comment

Hello, I faced with such a problem. In version 4.14 I have ~ 35 FPS, but in version 4.10 ~ 95 FPS. How so? (settings identical, fps in editor view)

Comment

Originally posted by Garpich View Post
                  Hello, I faced with such a problem. In version 4.14 I have ~ 35 FPS, but in version 4.10 ~ 95 FPS. How so? (settings identical, fps in editor view)
                  your settings maybe identical, but, i can assure you, the project is not.
                  There has been a ton of changes since 4.10 in the ocean project. Planer Reflections will kill your FPS if you have "low-end" hardware ..... Shaders, etc etc ... I would say that there is a lot more going on then just the ocean project. With improper settings, you will lose ~40FPS from just adding the plane. Settings will 100% be different between 4.10 and 4.14.X
                  Dallas, TX USA

Comment

I see, thank you)

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan light
                      Is this project still active?
                      Yes is this project still active, i would also like to know

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                        Yes is this project still active, i would also like to know
                        um yes. very active.
                        is it being dev by the original ppl? no
                        is the community picking up the versioning fixes? yes
                        Dallas, TX USA

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm working on a yacht simulation in UE4 for the HTC Vive, and I'm having issues with baked lighting. Whenever I try to build the lighting, it completes without doing anything, I never see the Swarm booting up. I've tried to set the skylights to static, but it didn't change anything. Any tips? Might there be a setting in the skybox blueprint that's holding me back to build lighting?

Thanks, Thibault.

Comment

Originally posted by thibaultvdb View Post
                            Hey guys,

I'm working on a yacht simulation in UE4 for the HTC Vive, and I'm having issues with baked lighting. Whenever I try to build the lighting, it completes without doing anything, I never see the Swarm booting up. I've tried to set the skylights to static, but it didn't change anything. Any tips? Might there be a setting in the skybox blueprint that's holding me back to build lighting?

Thanks, Thibault.
                            Uncheck "Force no precomputed light" Under lightmass settings in the world settings tab. if you can't see world settings Go to Window -> World Settings.

Comment

Hey people, and happy new year

I know there has been a lack of updates but I can assure you that progress is being done behind the scenes (slowly but surely).
                              Thanks to everyone who is sharing their updated branch for 4.14 and helping with thread questions by the way.

I'm trying to find more time to work on the project but it keeps getting more difficult.. which is why I'm thinking it might be a good idea to release my upcoming FFT ocean as a new plugin in the marketplace.

You can think of the new marketplace plugin as an early access to "kickstart" the project, that way I will be able to put much more time to it, update it more rapidly and add more features.
                              Then later down the line I will open source it to the community. What do you guys think?

Here is a list with the core features I'm aiming at for the first released version of the plugin:

-Ocean based on Tessendorf's FFT paper.

-Multiple ocean spectra to choose from with many tweakable parameters (amplitude, choppy, wind velocity, direction, fetch etc.).
                              Phillips and Unified Directional spectrum currently implemented.

-Foam generation based on the ocean spectrum.
                              Tweakable parameters: foam amount, coverage, decay rate, dissipation.

-Infinite ocean system using Quadtrees (video).
                              Dynamically subdivides the ocean patches for efficient usage of vertices.
                              Expands to the horizon (or up to given distance).
                              Frustum culling (removes patches outside the camera view).

-Custom BRDF shading based on Eric Bruneton's paper.
                              BRDF model suited for ocean rendering.
                              Added custom SSS (subsurface scattering).
                              Planar reflections (custom component) which can be tweaked in the shader.

-Interactive water heightfield.
                              Allows for dynamic interaction with the ocean surface (as in watch dogs).
                              Can be layered on top of the FFT waves (square around the camera will be simulated) or used as stand alone for lakes and puddles.
                              Boats leave natural looking wakes.
                              Multiple propagation algorithms to choose (MuellerGDC, Tessendorf iWave and more).

-Underwater post process effects.
                              Waterline (camera-ocean intersection).
                              Light absorption / fog (new method).
                              Volumetric Godrays.

Many more features planned for later updates.

I don't have an ETA yet but hopefully early this year.

And as always, a screenshot

(Click for larger image)
                              This is how the custom BRDF currently looks like (shader still far from final, wip).

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                              WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                              WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

I think most people expected this to be marketplace plugin at first glance anyway
                                If it helps with the development then I have no issue supporting the project

Comment

Working...
                                X