This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xGhostEYE View Post
    anyone know how to migrate the ocean to another project? because when i migrate the ocean BP to another project it fails to load. am i missing something???
    copy the plugin to your project directory, and, all you really need is to copy the ocean folder into your content folder.
    Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
    Dallas, TX USA
    https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Originally posted by Vexar View Post
      I am downloading it now and I will test it on backup of my project from 4.12 using the plugin. Thanks for updating it! I will update this post after testing.

One note it would be nice to reduced version of the download with just what is needed for the water, with out of the time of day and content included. I did this manually for 4.12 on my own project to reduce the size but the github imho cleaned up. 942 MB DL includes a lot of content that is not required for the water to work.

Fired up the OceanPlugin in 4.14 only warnings using the latest from Zoc is a constraint warning, and a few dynamic shadow errors hurting the frame rate.

I am going to update my 1080's drivers to the latest before installing it on my own projects but it feels safe enough to move forward. Good job Zoc!

Forgot to update: I converted my 4.12.5 project to 4.14 to test the plugin, working as expected.
      I'm glad everything is working on your side too!
      Hopefully this gets merged ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Zoc View Post
        I'm glad everything is working on your side too!
        Hopefully this gets merged ASAP
        The only trouble I have had in 4.14 related to the Ocean plugin is that Epic changed something in the camera code that clips the reflection of the Ocean making it look black in PIE when you tilt the camera up or down but this goes away as soon as you run the same exact thing in Full Screen mode. I have to investigate which switch or adjustment is needed to make this go away. At first I thought it was something wrong with the plug in but it has something to do with a Camera code change. For now I just switch to Full screen. This did not happen in 4.12.5 with exact same scene.
        Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
        Twitch Channel
        Artstation
        Youtube Channel

Comment

Does anyone know where in the BP_Sky or its parent TimeManager.h have the hard cutoff for when the sun disappears and the night sky comes out. It doesn't work well for high latitudes, it should be based off of the suns altitude and not the time but I cannot seem to find where this is set up.

Maybe it's a skysphere thing?

Anyone know about this part?

Comment

Originally posted by Vexar View Post
            The only trouble I have had in 4.14 related to the Ocean plugin is that Epic changed something in the camera code that clips the reflection of the Ocean making it look black in PIE when you tilt the camera up or down but this goes away as soon as you run the same exact thing in Full Screen mode. I have to investigate which switch or adjustment is needed to make this go away. At first I thought it was something wrong with the plug in but it has something to do with a Camera code change. For now I just switch to Full screen. This did not happen in 4.12.5 with exact same scene.
            It looks fine here o.O

Comment

Anyone have the 4.14 download?
              I am having trouble with the pull
              Dallas, TX USA

Comment

hi all,do you know, if they are going to release 4.14 version?

Comment

It looks fine here o.O
                  I dont know what it is, but with out any changes I do not see it in 4.12.5, so I am pretty sure it is something I did in a "setting" that is causing it. It does not happen in the Ocean Demo levels. It only happens when the window is smaller, and not full screen on my own level.

I will show you with screen shots in a future update.

Update: Well I made a screen shot to show the trouble I am having with 4.14 this happens during Playing in Editor Only. Traversing the level in editing mode has no visual issues.

UPDATE 2: FIXED the trouble
                  After investigating the Planer Reflection component of the Ocean system I found a setting named Extra FOV the number was set to 0, I changed it 65 same as my camera setup as a test and it was fixed! Looks better then ever. I know it increases the rendering time overhead so I am going to try to reduce / tune this value. Maybe this value is a new feature for 4.14. I have not double checked to see if this option is in 4.12.5. I am happy I found it though!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Vexar; 12-01-2016, 08:04 PM.
                  Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
                  Twitch Channel
                  Artstation
                  Youtube Channel

Comment

A lot missing for the new plugin?

Comment

is there a working fork avail?
                      i was using the 4.14 fork (by Zoc i think) and i started getting 40+ errors in a compile from the plugin itelf.
                      Dallas, TX USA

Comment

how to run the shader????

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                        A quick update on my shader, I haven't been able to work on it as much as I'd like, but finally have a new video update. I have managed to switch over to a translucent material, due to the wave heights overlapping I was encountering an issue with translucent depth sorting causing issues, but have that under control now. I have also moved all of the material parameters into a blueprint so everything can be controlled in one place. Still need to add in many more features, but translucency with proper depth shading was not as simple as I expected.

Could someone tell me how to run the shader??

Comment

Originally posted by Angrytoilet View Post
                          is there a working fork avail?
                          i was using the 4.14 fork (by Zoc i think) and i started getting 40+ errors in a compile from the plugin itelf.
                          Did you get it from here? https://github.com/TheZoc/OceanProject.git

Would you mind trying again and making sure your UE4 version is 4.14, and report the errors back here, together with your uproject file contents?

Comment

Did you get it from here? https://github.com/TheZoc/OceanProject.git

Would you mind trying again and making sure your UE4 version is 4.14, and report the errors back here, together with your uproject file contents?
                            I have the same problems

Comment

Going to be testing 4.14.1 with Zoc changes, I will update and see if it is working.

Update1: Tested and working with 4.14.1 - Thanks Zoc.
                              http://i.imgur.com/GdNyT4u.png
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Vexar; 12-09-2016, 03:06 AM.
                              Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
                              Twitch Channel
                              Artstation
                              Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by UnmeiNoAkaiito View Post
                                I have the same problems
                                Without the error list and uproject file contents, it's harder to track the issue :/

Comment

Working...
                                X