This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Senitelty View Post
    Hey, it's pretty simple, when you have the BP_ocean in your level, got to "Infinite Ocean System" -> choose follow method stationary -> and play with the scale max parameter.
    Hmm, I altered those settings and the water plane still seems to stretch to the horizon. You're speaking of the "Infinite Ocean System" variable within the actual Blueprint correct?

EDIT: Solved the issue. I hadn't realized that the actual ocean meshes were so incredibly large. I actually had turned off the infinite, the meshes themselves were just so massive that they still stretched to the horizon =P

Resizing the meshes associated worked perfectly. A big thanks to TK for the help with this one.
    Last edited by ConceptualTrap; 11-05-2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Is this free for commercial use?

Comment

Hi!!

First, Congratulations for your work, its really awesome.

I'm trying to use it for a kind of flight game just because the infinity feature is perfect for this. But I have some problems: The "central part" of the ocean has much more quality than the rest and looking it from the sky you can see perfectly a square in the ocean, its no so beautiful.
        My other issue is when I change dynamically the time of the day. The ocean only refresh the enviroment in the central square.

It's the normal behaviour of the proyect or I'm doing something wrong??

Thanks and congratulations again.

EDIT: Finally the "strange square" is the planar reflection component inside ocean BP so... I can scale it to cover a huge distance but... I did not mention it, my project is for VR so the planar reflections are not supported. It should not be a problem, the ocean looks nice without planar reflections but I still have the issue about the time changing. If I change the sky settings in runtime the ocean reflections are not updated... I mean, if the game starts in the morning and then I change it to be at night, the oceans keep the initial reflections. Any tip for this??
        Last edited by ColibriLive; 11-04-2016, 12:07 PM. Reason: ocean, time of day, dynamically

Comment

Originally posted by honaj View Post
          Happy to report that the 4.13 version seems to work just fine in the 4.14 preview.
          Huh, it says the latest version is for 4.12. And I can't get Unreal engine to update the .dll files for use in the 4.13.2 engine. Can anyone let me know how to update it for the newest engine version?

Comment

Originally posted by ColibriLive View Post
            Hi!!

First, Congratulations for your work, its really awesome.

I'm trying to use it for a kind of flight game just because the infinity feature is perfect for this. But I have some problems: The "central part" of the ocean has much more quality than the rest and looking it from the sky you can see perfectly a square in the ocean, its no so beautiful.
            My other issue is when I change dynamically the time of the day. The ocean only refresh the enviroment in the central square.

It's the normal behaviour of the proyect or I'm doing something wrong??

Thanks and congratulations again.

EDIT: Finally the "strange square" is the planar reflection component inside ocean BP so... I can scale it to cover a huge distance but... I did not mention it, my project is for VR so the planar reflections are not supported. It should not be a problem, the ocean looks nice without planar reflections but I still have the issue about the time changing. If I change the sky settings in runtime the ocean reflections are not updated... I mean, if the game starts in the morning and then I change it to be at night, the oceans keep the initial reflections. Any tip for this??
            reflection captures should resolve that, and, they cost nothing to add (so add a billion if you wish)
            Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
            Dallas, TX USA
            https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

On the GitHub page, there's a "branch" button, make sure you download the project made with the 4.13 branch and not 4.12. If you download the 4.13 branch there's no compiling problem

Comment

Originally posted by mwkazlow View Post
                Huh, it says the latest version is for 4.12. And I can't get Unreal engine to update the .dll files for use in the 4.13.2 engine. Can anyone let me know how to update it for the newest engine version?

Find the one guys 4.13 fork. Shaders will prob need updating too anyway.

5-6 posts above
                Originally posted by Levin View Post
                https://github.com/cascade256/OceanProject/tree/4.13

Thanks everyone for this great plugin!

I am a total noob with UE4 and i have some problems..

1. There are some weird reflections and i dont know how i can fix these.. I disabled the PlanarReflectionComponent, because its slowing down my scene a lot. Do i have to enable something or rebuild the lighting? I have two "SphereReflectionCapture" actors in my map and if i click update captures, nothing happens. Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe that fixes my problem #3 too...

2. If i enable the clouds and ExponentialHeightFog i get jagged lines at the horizon. Is there a way to fix this?

3. The Reflection of my sun doesn't update when the sun moves. Should the "Skylight capture interval" control that?

Thanks for your time!
                Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your great work !

I'd like to know if ocean project could work in a project of virtual reality ?
                  If it does, is there parameters to set for VR ?

Thanks

Comment

when will it be available?

Comment

Hi, I really dig this Project and I'm gladful that you give THIS for free!
                      I'm really, really, really new to Unreal and would like to know how can I put the Ocean or the Sun (Weathersystem) in my project?

Thank you

Comment

Hi guys i must say this looks totally awesome! Is there a way to add wakes to the boats ? how could we navigate the boats of the example.
                        Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by trelobyte View Post
                          Hi guys i must say this looks totally awesome! Is there a way to add wakes to the boats ? how could we navigate the boats of the example.
                          Many thanks
                          Pretty sure TK is working on ripples and wakes and the like with a dynamic fluid system. Prolly be a while till it gets added, however. In the meantime, you should be able to fake it pretty easily with a custom mesh or particle effects.

Comment

I got the marketplace version, just to support the developers
                            System
                            ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                            Artwork thread

Comment

Does the included river spline tool also work with buoyancy?

Comment

There is a market place version of TK and companies work? I would be tickled to donate a little jingle to them. I thought it was free.. but, I'll donate. May I have the link please
                                Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                                Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Working...
                                X