X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
    Hey everyone,

I haven't posted here in a while but I'm still working on the project in my free time as always

Here is my first attempt at energy-based foam generation.
    The foam is generated from the ocean spectrum and has coverage, decay rate and wave velocity range parameters.

512x512 FFT grid running on the GPU (@ ~2ms).

Note that the shader here is by no means final, it's just a diffuse color and default foam texture from engine's content.
    This is so stunning. I wonder what kind of math is behind that, I would really appreciate some kind of blog post about it. I'm not a game developer (just reading and enjoying some progresses here) but this is so amazing

Comment

Does anyone use it in 4.13 ?

Comment

Originally posted by RedSaturnSix View Post
        Heck i'd pay $50 for it on the marketplace if it meant I didn't have to install this stuff manually in such a messy manor.
        I would also pay for this asset. Comparing this asset to the only ocean water shader in the shop, this asset reflects the $150 price tag more.

Comment

Still very impressive! Great job guys!! Any update on the 4.13 version?

Comment

Hello, i have been trying to download this as zip file, but it always stops and there is no resume. I made it to 99% once. Does anyone have a link with resume please? My internet is only 2.5mbits, thanks..

Comment

I made it to 87% just now, lol.

Comment

I agree, this engine is in need of a kick *** ocean with physics, i will buy when it hits asset store.

Comment

Hey Zero...

AS the title says "
                  [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader"

It will not be for sale.
                  Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                  Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Hey Tarly..

It's all good man.. I just assumed it would be on the asset store soon..

Chill dude...

Comment

Cool... Hey man.. I reread my post and it seems snappish.. it was not meant that in any way.. If you saw any of that I apologize.

Peace
                      Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                      Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

No, its all good..

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                          Hey Zero...

AS the title says "
                          [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader"

It will not be for sale.
                          Originally posted by ZeroByte View Post
                          Hey Tarly..

It's all good man.. I just assumed it would be on the asset store soon..

Chill dude...
                          Hmm, seeing this conversation made me think, would the project not benefit from having a release on the asset store?

Not everyone looks through the forums.

Or instead maybe a community projects section in the store or just listing community projects as normal projects?
                          [MENTION=4177]iveytron[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] ;
                          Last edited by richardboegli; 10-11-2016, 12:51 AM. Reason: wordcraft

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
                            Hmm, seeing this conversation made me think, would the project not benefit from having a release on the asset store?

Not everyone looks through the forums.

Or instead maybe a community projects section in the store or just listing community projects as normal projects?
                            [MENTION=4177]iveytron[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] ;
                            We've only had a couple of instances of free community content being put on the launcher. The marketplace team is trying to not over saturated the launcher with freely hosted content. It is something we'd like to help out more with in the future, but as of right now it would not scale well to all of the free assets that have been proposed to us.\
                            Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                              We've only had a couple of instances of free community content being put on the launcher. The marketplace team is trying to not over saturated the launcher with freely hosted content. It is something we'd like to help out more with in the future, but as of right now it would not scale well to all of the free assets that have been proposed to us.\
                              Thanks for the insight [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Awesome, finally got this downloaded.. Thanks for this great plugin.

Comment

Working...
                                X