Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello guys, i was trying to implement this in my project and when copied everything and opened the project it forced me to do a build. I did and everything was inside but i had to reconnect basically every shader and re-copy all the materials and blueprints. I'm guessing i did something wrong? (i am using this plugin inside an editor already modified which is runned trough github).

After i copied everything and spend a couple hours re writing everything so it mimic the project one (does everyone have to do this or is there a faster/better way to implement this??) this is what i got:Click image for larger version

Name:	Captu22ra.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	868.8 KB
ID:	1114181

there is blank where the waves are supposed to be. Is there a way to fix this? i checked everything referencing the waves. The material, mesh, blueprint, everyhing! help me pleaseeeeee

thanks a lot in advance!
    Seehr
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Seehr View Post
      Hello guys, i was trying to implement this in my project and when copied everything and opened the project it forced me to do a build. I did and everything was inside but i had to reconnect basically every shader and re-copy all the materials and blueprints. I'm guessing i did something wrong? (i am using this plugin inside an editor already modified which is runned trough github).

After i copied everything and spend a couple hours re writing everything so it mimic the project one (does everyone have to do this or is there a faster/better way to implement this??) this is what i got:[ATTACH=CONFIG]107421[/ATTACH]

there is blank where the waves are supposed to be. Is there a way to fix this? i checked everything referencing the waves. The material, mesh, blueprint, everyhing! help me pleaseeeeee

thanks a lot in advance!
      Seehr
      Migrate the content folder to your project and copy th eplugins folder to /plugins/
      Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by Nsomnia View Post
        Migrate the content folder to your project and copy th eplugins folder to /plugins/
        I did this and i still had to reconnect all the functions and parameter collection and everything else
        Maybe it's because i'm using a modified version of the engine?
        it forced me to do a build the first time i loaded the project.

Comment

I expected the project files to be in zip format not in a directory structure. So I don't know which files I need to download
          to install or migrate this plugin into my project.

But it looks like people have been having problems running it on 4.12. As that's the version of the engine I have.
          Last edited by tozan; 08-22-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

If people are modifying the engine code and releasing their projects or tutorials based off their modified engine code, it is likely to cause file dependency problems when they are migrated or loaded into normal unmodified engines and this is WHAT I DON"T LIKE about the Unreal Engine is all the problems with other file dependencies that it causing, all because the engine is not backwards compatible.

That's why I can't get tutorials or projects to run very well on 4.12 when they have been made in 4.8 ect. when i try to do them because of file dependency problems that keep cropping up, it causes problems for the blueprints and breaks the blueprints nodes and causes compiler errrors. I couldn't get the Ledge Grabber project to migrate from 4.8 to 4.12. just crashed the engine.
            Last edited by tozan; 08-22-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tozan View Post
              I expected the project files to be in zip format not in a directory structure. So I don't know which files I need to download
              to install or migrate this plugin into my project.

But it looks like people have been having problems running it on 4.12. As that's the version of the engine I have.
              Its ran fine on every engine verison since it was an old blueprint setup. Never an issue i've been with this project dayin and out since about 4.6.

It will ask you to build because theres source code!

The folders are in a directory structure (which are in a zip if you download from the repository so im confused how your saying its not one or the other when both are true) because its a demo project, hence OCEANDEMO. Simply migrate the entire content folder from the RUNNING OceanDemo projcet into your CLOSED project and then copy the /source/ and /plugins/ folder from OceanDemo to YourProject root folders and then rename the source code module names and such (see below).

You also need to edit your build.cs and your gamemodule and gamemodule editor code to be renamed for YOUR projects name, replacing OceanDemo strings, did you do that? That would cause these errors your having.

Can you post your /source/ YOURPROJECT.Target.cs and YOURPROJECTEditor.Target.cs as well as /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.Build.cs as well as /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.cpp and /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.h as well as ensuring they are named the same as YOURPROJECT.uproject?

Originally posted by tozan View Post
              If people are modifying the engine code and releasing their projects or tutorials based off their modified engine code, it is likely to cause file dependency problems when they are migrated or loaded into normal unmodified engines and this is WHAT I DON"T LIKE about the Unreal Engine is all the problems with other file dependencies that it causing, all because the engine is not backwards compatible.

That's why I can't get tutorials or projects to run very well on 4.12 when they have been made in 4.8 ect. when i try to do them because of file dependency problems that keep cropping up, it causes problems for the blueprints and breaks the blueprints nodes and causes compiler errrors. I couldn't get the Ledge Grabber project to migrate from 4.8 to 4.12. just crashed the engine.
              The ocean project in no way modifies any engine source. If it did it wouldnt even run most likely. LedgeGrabber may very well have a module/source/etc. that needs setting up as well. You cant expect plug and play for everything. Downlaod 4.8.3 and run ledgeGrabber so you have a reference then migrate to your 4.12.x project and see what got deprecated (depreacted means something got old and replaced with a newer "version" in the upcoming version after it was deprecated), by simply seeing what blueprint errors (or code if its code based) you have and fixing the (most likely small amount of) errors it spits out.

Its very rare I find a project from 4.4 forwards that wont run on 4.12.x as long as theres no code, and any deprecated blueprint member function nodes etc. are usually a small amount, they strive for backwards compatibility.

Another thing. When your game is ready to be developed to the public stick with an engine vesrion and leave it. pull in changes from github that you NEED and run a custom build among your team.

If you just want the plugin just download the /plugin/ and /source/ folders.

If you want the content that uses the plugin, copy the content.

If you want the whole project, do both or just rename OceanDemo to MyLittleProject in the source files and uproject and recompile and go happily developing.

Also, try delteing /intermediate/ and /saved/ and if all else fails /binaries/ and .sln: nice and clean.
              Last edited by Nsomnia; 08-22-2016, 02:58 PM.
              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

The issue is the sky HUD doesnt compile in a level BP so you cook that level or a memory reference to that level and it fails. I think its Island_Map or either wya one of the ocean maps, check the level BP and delete the OLD_HUD sky bit. It doesnt compile and definitly doesnt cook.
                Thank you! I removed all the unnecessary files including HUD and now its packaging without any errors!
                ALLLESSS.com

Comment

Originally posted by alllesss View Post
                  Thank you! I removed all the unnecessary files including HUD and now its packaging without any errors!
                  IT caught me up for a day or two also ebcause I hadnt cooked n packaged (bad habit, cook and pckage every day!) since hte new sky setup.

Comment

wo0t - thanks for the help.
                    I just copy/paste all the stuff from the ocean project back into my own project and it started working. Apparently i must have forgot to move something over, thats why it wasnt working ha!

EDIT:

It was the config files - but then it messed some other stuff up ...

Anyone know what it is in the config INI files that allows for the underwater changes? I get everything working except the blue tint.
                    Using the "Custom Third Person" for the game mode doesnt resolve the issue either.
                    Last edited by AP_Studios; 08-22-2016, 04:02 PM.
                    Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                    Dallas, TX USA
                    https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Originally posted by Angrytoilet View Post
                      wo0t - thanks for the help.
                      I just copy/paste all the stuff from the ocean project back into my own project and it started working. Apparently i must have forgot to move something over, thats why it wasnt working ha!

EDIT:

It was the config files - but then it messed some other stuff up ...

Anyone know what it is in the config INI files that allows for the underwater changes? I get everything working except the blue tint.
                      Using the "Custom Third Person" for the game mode doesnt resolve the issue either.
                      Look in the level BP of the stock project you need to figureout a way to findout when the camera is underwater and thus apply the PP effects in the underwater volume. You need underwater BP, PP underwater set to PP_Underwater_inst_2 and the logic that when camera goes underwtaer is calls bool isUnderwater() == true on a do once and then resets the inverse which sets it to false when its above. These functions take the player camera location and compare it to the oceans GetWaveHeightValue(bool twoIterations, FVector locIn, &FVector OutDifference, bool& OutBIsUnderwater) (or something like that) and then they subtract 10 cm for extra sureness.

PP_Global does not display underwater effects. PP_Underwater_inst_2 and BP_Underwater with a PP_Underwatervolume AND a way to enable it when underwater do. The shaders go in your 4.12/engine/shaders/* where all the unreal shader files are (.usf)
                      Close editor first, restart and hit ctrl + shift + comma to recompile editor shaders. Same way its been since... 4.8 or so?

Boom bang bing.
                      as i posted previously. ITs a post process volume with a blendables isntanced material set to it which is turned on/off based on camera below/above water meshes Z value.

Comment

Its ran fine on every engine verison since it was an old blueprint setup. Never an issue i've been with this project dayin and out since about 4.6.

It will ask you to build because theres source code!

The folders are in a directory structure (which are in a zip if you download from the repository so im confused how your saying its not one or the other when both are true) because its a demo project, hence OCEANDEMO. Simply migrate the entire content folder from the RUNNING OceanDemo projcet into your CLOSED project and then copy the /source/ and /plugins/ folder from OceanDemo to YourProject root folders and then rename the source code module names and such (see below).

You also need to edit your build.cs and your gamemodule and gamemodule editor code to be renamed for YOUR projects name, replacing OceanDemo strings, did you do that? That would cause these errors your having.

Can you post your /source/ YOURPROJECT.Target.cs and YOURPROJECTEditor.Target.cs as well as /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.Build.cs as well as /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.cpp and /Source/YOURPROJECT/YOURPROJECT.h as well as ensuring they are named the same as YOURPROJECT.uproject?

The ocean project in no way modifies any engine source. If it did it wouldnt even run most likely. LedgeGrabber may very well have a module/source/etc. that needs setting up as well. You cant expect plug and play for everything. Downlaod 4.8.3 and run ledgeGrabber so you have a reference then migrate to your 4.12.x project and see what got deprecated (depreacted means something got old and replaced with a newer "version" in the upcoming version after it was deprecated), by simply seeing what blueprint errors (or code if its code based) you have and fixing the (most likely small amount of) errors it spits out.

Its very rare I find a project from 4.4 forwards that wont run on 4.12.x as long as theres no code, and any deprecated blueprint member function nodes etc. are usually a small amount, they strive for backwards compatibility.

Another thing. When your game is ready to be developed to the public stick with an engine vesrion and leave it. pull in changes from github that you NEED and run a custom build among your team.

If you just want the plugin just download the /plugin/ and /source/ folders.

If you want the content that uses the plugin, copy the content.

If you want the whole project, do both or just rename OceanDemo to MyLittleProject in the source files and uproject and recompile and go happily developing.

Also, try delteing /intermediate/ and /saved/ and if all else fails /binaries/ and .sln: nice and clean.
                        Hello Nsomnia. First of all, thanks for the help in the forum. I'm glad there is someone i can ask my doubts about it active regularly.
                        Okay so my question is the following: my project is advanced and i don't want to recompile from scratch to get this plugin and i can't change the folders because i also have other plugis installed and i need them.

So what can i do to have the content properly working? i tried migrating but i still had to modify everything. The worst part is: i did. I recopied and remade all the nodes based on the ones in the working project. But i still got diferent results and not working Ocean_ultra shader....
                        So im not really sure what i can do now that won't affect the whole project and could allow me integrating this

Thanks a lot for your patience, seriously.
                        Seehr

Comment

Originally posted by Seehr View Post
                          Hello Nsomnia. First of all, thanks for the help in the forum. I'm glad there is someone i can ask my doubts about it active regularly.
                          Okay so my question is the following: my project is advanced and i don't want to recompile from scratch to get this plugin and i can't change the folders because i also have other plugis installed and i need them.

So what can i do to have the content properly working? i tried migrating but i still had to modify everything. The worst part is: i did. I recopied and remade all the nodes based on the ones in the working project. But i still got diferent results and not working Ocean_ultra shader....
                          So im not really sure what i can do now that won't affect the whole project and could allow me integrating this

Thanks a lot for your patience, seriously.
                          Seehr
                          At that point if youve kept the orignial folders (sky, fish, experimental, ocean etc) than just delete them and copy paste a new set in and reset any references to those files in YOUR files, the ocean will work fine, just not any references to it.

Otherwise go file by file replacing it one by one with OceanDemo on one screen and YOURPROJECT on the other.

About all I can think of without knowing your project.

Comment

Can anyone explain to me why this weird reflection is happening? I can't figure out why it happens or how to change it.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	QCmtUxR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1114198
                            Attached Files

Comment

Did you set a reflection Sphere in there by any chance?

Comment

This is the type of water shader I'm looking for to add into my game project, Does this ocean shader come in blueprints and material nodes only so we can just install it
                                into our projects? I would prefer that, so I don't have to mess around with C++ code to try to install it because I don't know C++ code and half of these plugins I'm told require messing around with C++ code. and how much is this shader going to cost when its finished?

Comment

Working...
                                X