This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogsofknowledge View Post
    Hey, I'm using your ocean in my project and it looks amazing! Thank you for all your work and for making this free

That black horizon seam line is ruining the whole effect, otherwise, its beautiful, the water needs more random values in color, and normal, regular water doesn't just sit.

Comment

Also, how's progress coming on the shore wake foam and waves?

Comment

Guys I'm trying to Package my project [wind64- Unreal 4.12.5] including this pack but I'm getting this error :

Code:
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
        PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure
        I've gone through this thread and seems like other people have some similar issues with packaging too. Is there any workaround for this ?! or should we wait for 4.13 ?!
        ALLLESSS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyomike View Post
          That black horizon seam line is ruining the whole effect, otherwise, its beautiful, the water needs more random values in color, and normal, regular water doesn't just sit.
          When you look at photos of tropical islands you can see a dark line where the deep water begins, I tried to recreate that with ExponentialHeightFog but it doesn't really work.

Comment

Hey just a quick question. Planar reflections are broken at the moment for VR. what can I do to not use Planar reflections. When i disable it the water goes black.

Comment

Originally posted by alllesss View Post
              Guys I'm trying to Package my project [wind64- Unreal 4.12.5] including this pack but I'm getting this error :

Code:
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
              I've gone through this thread and seems like other people have some similar issues with packaging too. Is there any workaround for this ?! or should we wait for 4.13 ?!
              I was having the same trouble but resolved by compiling the code in VS2015 including the Ocean plug in, I also striped out a lot of the items I didnt need before packaging. If you go back to page 40 you can see my long post of what I was going through I hope it helps.
              Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
              Twitch Channel
              Artstation
              Youtube Channel

Comment

Anyone had luck with Waveworks ever? I can't apply textures to the surface, the detail is lost, its like the UVs aren't proper or something.

Comment

No matter what I do my ocean always looks do dark / dirty. I even tried to copy the exact same settings from the demo project ocean but it just looks completely different. Does anyone know why? I mean settings are settings. How can the outcome of my ocean look totally different then the one provided within the demo project?

Comment

Originally posted by SirPixell View Post
                    No matter what I do my ocean always looks do dark / dirty. I even tried to copy the exact same settings from the demo project ocean but it just looks completely different. Does anyone know why? I mean settings are settings. How can the outcome of my ocean look totally different then the one provided within the demo project?
                    Post process volume.
                    Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by SirPixell View Post
                      It's probably a Skylight isssue, try setting your skylight to movable and increasing the intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsofknowledge View Post
                        It's probably a Skylight isssue, try setting your skylight to movable and increasing the intensity.
                        You were right, thank you! As I deleted my skylight and added the blueprint for the ocean everything changed. The lightning is messed up now and I have lots of new stuff to mess around with. Is there any tutorial explaining how to properly set the plugin up. I couldn't find any here and I am completely new to this subject. Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

I have directly copied the demo maps over to a new project but when viewed in the new project the underwater visual effect does not work at all.

Comment

Hey -

I see the folder "4.12 Shaders (by LeFxGuy)" and the contents inside - im not sure how to "add" these or where to add .....
                            This maybe whats causing people (including myself) to have issues with the PP_Global not displaying the underwater effects.
                            I have copy/pasted items from this project to my own, everything but the underwater view works (the blue postprocessing). I have been trying to get it to work for about 6 hours no, no luck.
                            Any direction from those that have it working (4.12.5) ?
                            Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                            Dallas, TX USA
                            https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Originally posted by Jabeds View Post
                              I have directly copied the demo maps over to a new project but when viewed in the new project the underwater visual effect does not work at all.
                              Look in the level BP of the stock project you need to figureout a way to findout when the camera is underwater and thus apply the PP effects in the underwater volume. You need underwater BP, PP underwater set to PP_Underwater_inst_2 and the logic that when camera goes underwtaer is calls bool isUnderwater() == true on a do once and then resets the inverse which sets it to false when its above. These functions take the player camera location and compare it to the oceans GetWaveHeightValue(bool twoIterations, FVector locIn, &FVector OutDifference, bool& OutBIsUnderwater) (or something like that) and then they subtract 10 cm for extra sureness.

Originally posted by Angrytoilet View Post
                              Hey -

I see the folder "4.12 Shaders (by LeFxGuy)" and the contents inside - im not sure how to "add" these or where to add .....
                              This maybe whats causing people (including myself) to have issues with the PP_Global not displaying the underwater effects.
                              I have copy/pasted items from this project to my own, everything but the underwater view works (the blue postprocessing). I have been trying to get it to work for about 6 hours no, no luck.
                              Any direction from those that have it working (4.12.5) ?
                              PP_Global does not display underwater effects. PP_Underwater_inst_2 and BP_Underwater with a PP_Underwatervolume AND a way to enable it when underwater do. The shaders go in your 4.12/engine/shaders/* where all the unreal shader files are (.usf)
                              Close editor first, restart and hit ctrl + shift + comma to recompile editor shaders. Same way its been since... 4.8 or so?

Boom bang bing.
                              Last edited by Nsomnia; 08-22-2016, 09:19 AM.
                              Tek LLC a personal Candaian Company running BlenderTek & UnrealTek is currently looking for help to bring back submarine simulator gaming with a new genre of sub sims: Cold War! (1945-1991) Operation: Trident SubSim Dev Diary Thread - Donations

Comment

Originally posted by alllesss View Post

Code:
                                The issue is the sky HUD doesnt compile in a level BP so you cook that level or a memory reference to that level and it fails. I think its Island_Map or either wya one of the ocean maps, check the level BP and delete the OLD_HUD sky bit. It doesnt compile and definitly doesnt cook.

Comment

Working...
                                X