Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hi there,

    First off thanks for making this, it looks incredible. Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it to look exactly like some of the example maps, in my own map.

    The main issue is the area around the beach, I noticed in the example maps that you have it working where the waves die down and you get foam along the shoreline.

    Right now in my project the water just continues to wave right through the landscape.



    How would I fix this? and is it possible to do it without a height map? I just built the landscape in UE4 and don't have a height map to import.

    Thanks!
    Attached Files

    Comment


      This is awezome. Tried it with TrueSky and its great for me that enjoys storms and lightning. Now I can simulate my own storms, when its not a real storm outside
      System
      ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

      ArtStation
      Artwork thread

      Comment


        Originally posted by Orion View Post
        Hi there,

        First off thanks for making this, it looks incredible. Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it to look exactly like some of the example maps, in my own map.

        The main issue is the area around the beach, I noticed in the example maps that you have it working where the waves die down and you get foam along the shoreline.

        Right now in my project the water just continues to wave right through the landscape.



        How would I fix this? and is it possible to do it without a height map? I just built the landscape in UE4 and don't have a height map to import.

        Thanks!
        When you select the ocean_bp in the details panal you can select to use your landscape. Did you do that?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Rathren View Post
          When you select the ocean_bp in the details panel you can select to use your landscape. Did you do that?
          I did do that before I posted here but it didn't seem to have any effect :/ Any other ideas?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Orion View Post
            I did do that before I posted here but it didn't seem to have any effect :/ Any other ideas?
            There is a Heightmap/mask right under the landscape on the BP_Ocean. If you load the Default map and change that Heightmap your are going to see what you are talking about, i guess it controls the density/movement of the waves based on black, normal wave movement to white, no movement at all.

            i didnt read this part:

            Originally posted by Orion
            How would I fix this? and is it possible to do it without a height map? I just built the landscape in UE4 and don't have a height map to import.
            try to export it as a png file from the landscape menu, here is the answerhub question related to it.

            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...heightmap.html

            Hope it helps
            Last edited by gOreteQ; 06-27-2016, 08:47 AM.

            Comment


              Okay, I've done this before but for the life of me, I can't remember how, and I've read about 20 pages of the thread... how do I disable/modify the crosshair in the HUD when it switches to first person?

              Comment


                Sorry for sily question but what i should do to open plug-in and project file in 4.12.4 ? try to compile it but always with errors, maybe who knows how correct compile it ?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by FastD View Post
                  Sorry for sily question but what i should do to open plug-in and project file in 4.12.4 ? try to compile it but always with errors, maybe who knows how correct compile it ?
                  You don't need to open it

                  Here, follow this:
                  https://github.com/UE4-OceanProject/...o-your-project

                  Comment


                    Hello,

                    Could anyone tell me how do I fix the darker part?
                    http://i.imgur.com/LkSIngU.jpg
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      Thx i saw it, and i know how add plugin but how i write in previous post problem is if i try add plugin to a project when start editor he ask me to compile and compile with error. Question is same how to compile plugin to 4.12.4 editor, i use github version of engine. Edit: compile without errors, problem was in name of folder or version in .uplugin file, compile with: development editor win64.
                      Last edited by FastD; 06-29-2016, 09:02 AM.

                      Comment


                        Hi, there

                        We were trying to deploy the project to IOS(iphone 6, 6s), but failed with several compile errors below. Could anyone tell me how to solve this?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	compile errors.png
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1111290

                        Comment


                          I had something similar with an object that was referenced to the controller but did not exist, don't know if it will help you, but you could check dependencies, maybe there's something missing.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mach7monkey View Post
                            Okay, I've done this before but for the life of me, I can't remember how, and I've read about 20 pages of the thread... how do I disable/modify the crosshair in the HUD when it switches to first person?
                            Open up the folder \ShipsAndExamples\UI\ and then open the widget named "Interaction Widget". From here select "Crosshair" from the Hierarchy panel and either delete it, or edit it however you want.

                            Originally posted by huiying.lin View Post
                            Hi, there

                            We were trying to deploy the project to IOS(iphone 6, 6s), but failed with several compile errors below. Could anyone tell me how to solve this?
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]100053[/ATTACH]
                            This project is not compatible with Mobile devices at the moment. The ocean material requires DirectX 11, the Destructible objects require the Nvidia Apex, and the buoyancy requires the PhysX libraries, all of which are not available on iOS.

                            We do plan to make an OpenGL compatible version of the material, but without PhysX the buoyancy calculations will need to be re-written, and without Apex there won't be any destructibles or cloth simulation (ship sails).

                            Sorry for the bad news.
                            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                            Comment


                              Very cool plugin! Thank for making this effort! I have been playing with this for a few hours, I striped down one of the examples to just have the ocean, and my own sky as I was trying to reduce the overall learning curve to the system.

                              Question if I want to make wakes for a boat simulating an engine what method would be the best way to go about that? Do I create physics impulses perturb the water? I am doing some tests just wondering if someone has already created an additional example of this working.

                              Question 2: Wet sand? Someone must have done this already as well.

                              Thank you again for the continued effort on this plugin / system!

                              -V
                              Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
                              Twitch Channel
                              Artstation
                              Youtube Channel

                              Comment


                                [MENTION=5439]DotCam[/MENTION] [MENTION=1127]TK-Master[/MENTION]

                                Wow! This offering of yours is tremendous! Thank you thank you!

                                I am sorry I am only just noticing this thread for the first time

                                I tried it out and I especially loved the breaking up of waves along the shoreline, your landscape feature. The buoyancy and Gerstner waves are great, tho personally I think of them as DotCamWaves

                                This is one awesome community contribution, thank youuuu!



                                Rama
                                100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                                UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                                Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X