Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertex Animation Toolset, crowd rendering

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by RealAero View Post
    Is it possible you can upload a video tutorial on creating an animated mesh from scratch. I am having trouble following along. Thank you!
    Hey, in case you are having problems following the example usage video,



    please let me know what parts of the video are confusing you so that I can assist properly.

    Comment


      #47
      I did not see this tutorial.Thank you, so I followed along and this was my result.

      Any ideas? Thank you.


      Comment


        #48
        I see, there are two thing that you can check:

        1º-Make sure the generated Texture's Compression Settings is set to either HDR or VectorDisplacementmap.

        2º-Open the Static Mesh asset in the editor, on the toolbar: UV->UV Channel 1 to display the UVs generated by the tool. Then on LOD Auto, set it to the different LODs that your model has to display the UVs of each LOD, making sure these do not have random red lines, and that they are lined up horizontally.

        Comment


          #49
          Hi.!
          Is it possible to use this toolset to fill a football arena with cheering fans?
          I've been trying to solve it for a while, but maybe this technology is the solution?

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Hethger View Post
            I see, there are two thing that you can check:

            1º-Make sure the generated Texture's Compression Settings is set to either HDR or VectorDisplacementmap.

            2º-Open the Static Mesh asset in the editor, on the toolbar: UV->UV Channel 1 to display the UVs generated by the tool. Then on LOD Auto, set it to the different LODs that your model has to display the UVs of each LOD, making sure these do not have random red lines, and that they are lined up horizontally.
            Here are my UV's, they appear scrunched. There is only one LOD and both Output Texture are Vector Displacement Maps



            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by NENT Sweden View Post
              Hi.!
              Is it possible to use this toolset to fill a football arena with cheering fans?
              I've been trying to solve it for a while, but maybe this technology is the solution?
              Sure! This plugin started as a tool for creating crowds of cheering fans for a game of mine, you can check out the first video where there are 10.000 mannequins playing an animation in place, or inside the Content Examples of the plugin there's another static crowd of 4200 mannequins playing different animations as well.

              Cheers.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by RealAero View Post

                Here are my UV's, they appear scrunched. There is only one LOD and both Output Texture are Vector Displacement Maps


                I just saw what the issue is, Those are UVs generated properly by the tool, as their layout is horizontal on 1 row of the UV.

                However it is on UV channel index 1, but in your material you are using TexCoord with Coordinate Index = 0. Simply changing Coordinate Index = 1 in the TexCoord expression, like the UV Channel index where the UVs were generated, will solve it.

                Cheers.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Hethger View Post

                  Sure! This plugin started as a tool for creating crowds of cheering fans for a game of mine, you can check out the first video where there are 10.000 mannequins playing an animation in place, or inside the Content Examples of the plugin there's another static crowd of 4200 mannequins playing different animations as well.

                  Cheers.
                  Thanks!
                  I will give it a try
                  Do you have any good ideas on how to spawn out of the animated crowd into the stands?

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Hethger View Post

                    I just saw what the issue is, Those are UVs generated properly by the tool, as their layout is horizontal on 1 row of the UV.

                    However it is on UV channel index 1, but in your material you are using TexCoord with Coordinate Index = 0. Simply changing Coordinate Index = 1 in the TexCoord expression, like the UV Channel index where the UVs were generated, will solve it.

                    Cheers.
                    Okay, very cool! This is definitely the missing step! Thank you!

                    However it seems a tiny bit splotchy. The animation is definitely there, I see it doing what it's supposed to be doing,however it is rough around the edges. Any ideas? Up the resolution?

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by RealAero View Post

                      Okay, very cool! This is definitely the missing step! Thank you!

                      However it seems a tiny bit splotchy. The animation is definitely there, I see it doing what it's supposed to be doing,however it is rough around the edges. Any ideas? Up the resolution?

                      Try Changing the texture Compression Settings from VectorDisplacementmap to HDR.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Robert.Andersson View Post

                        Thanks!
                        I will give it a try
                        Do you have any good ideas on how to spawn out of the animated crowd into the stands?
                        I have something similar to that in the Content Examples of the plugin where 4200 animated mannequin instances are spawn inside a volume on begin play.

                        This is done just using 1 Hierarchical Instanced Static Mesh Component, and calling the "Add Instance World Space" function through blueprint.

                        A simple setup could be to have a bunch of sockets in the Stand model and when calling the Add Instance function you pipe in the transform of a random socket into the instance's transform.

                        Cheers.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Hethger View Post

                          Try Changing the texture Compression Settings from VectorDisplacementmap to HDR.
                          This was the answer!! Thank you so much

                          EDIT: Just a heads up, it would be really cool if you can click on other things when the BakeAnim window is open, because constantly having to reconfigure it when one option is wrong, can be time consuming. Hopefully this could be easy, thank you!
                          Last edited by RealAero; 12-08-2019, 05:39 PM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X