Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing Superman right in games, a kaiju sandbox, and other design thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm not interested in any credit I'm not actually due; my point wasn't that I wanted credit for their work. But the underlying idea of a game where you are invulnerable to damage and the game must implement other systems of challenge beyond the typical health-based, you-can-die type systems? The comparison to what I had discussed earlier is self-evident and it's not every day that someone figures out how to turn an OP hero like Supes into a video game. Demos can be thrown together rather swiftly with premade assets, as well, so it's not a stretch to conclude that there could be a measure of suspicious parallels, there. The only real way anything could remotely begin to be proven is by looking up the demo's publishing date on Steam and comparing it to the myriad instances of me publicly discussing the concept, but truth be told I really don't care enough to invest myself that deeply into digging up my past social media posts and going through them just to take credit for an idea that I would personally regard as being the single most-obvious route a Superman-style game should take... which is why it's so perplexing to me that it had never been done before. Anyhow, ideas like that are a dime a dozen for me, it was just one I had a fondness for. (And frankly, I think their execution was a little sloppy from what I saw of the demo, though it *is* merely a demo. If they really did get the idea from me somewhere along the way, which I don't deny they may not have, they'd be smart to invite me to assist with designing some more elegant gameplay mechanics and user interfacing.)
    "True individuality comes not through defiance but with indifference."

Comment

Also, the only way Harry Potter is "invulnerable" is with his heavy suit of plot armor. LOL!
      "True individuality comes not through defiance but with indifference."

Comment

Working...
      X