Meaning (Voxel Universe)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meaning (Voxel Universe)

Hey. I had to recreate the topic, since everything from the old project was removed and I can say, I started from a new sheet. For almost a year now I have been developing my own game in the Philosophy / Action genre, which will unfold in space. For almost 4 months now I have been studying voxels. I worked a lot, since I started completely from scratch. I chose the moment of rendering the voxels, probably because in my game it will be very important to have just a fantastic landscape and a real-time relief change system. Of course, I did not go the easy way and decided to write my own plugin. I did not try the most popular voxel plugin from Phyronnaz. Probably because I understand that in the future if I want to write the most difficult things in my project, then I need to know how to do them with great experience behind me. and if I start using
    already existing plugin - I just will go the easy way and I will not understand how the "heart" of my game works.

So, last month I was busy optimizing and developing chunks (Thanks for the useful Phyronnaz tips). Here's what I got:

Working...
X