[WIP] Factroid - A factory simulator for Android

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] [WIP] Factroid - A factory simulator for Android

Are you interested to make a game great?

We're two friends who started developing games for fun. Today we have 4 years of experience with Unreal Engine and many 3d modeling tools and additionally, numerous submissions for UE4 game jams and other prototypes.

We would like to know if our latest development provides an enough interesting concept to continue working on it and furthermore, we are really looking forward to hear some feedback about the game in general.

You control a Factroid. A machine built to colonize new planets, gather and process resources as well as evolve with better technology. Build a main base and automate item production and research new technology. It will be possible to scan other planets and even solar systems to expand your factories and eventually colonizing the whole galaxy.

Key Features:
    • Several infinite resources to gather from manually
    • Mine resources faster the more you mine
    • Construct and place buildings to automate your mining and production process
    • Build a steam based engine system to fully power your Factroid
    • Research new technologies in your Factroid
    • Research the transmitter upgrade for the Factroid to gain access to other sectors on the planet (WIP)
    • Build bigger and more complex factories

Future Plans:
    • Scan the planet to find new sectors (levels)
    • Transfer resources between sectors
    • Sectors can have different resources
    • Scan solar systems for other Factroids and take them over
    • More buildings, items and resources (Tier 2 - Tier n)
    • More energy sources (solar, wind, geothermal, fusion)
    • Better conveyor belt system
    • Productions continue even if the app is closed or in the background (real-time-server-like behavior)
    • Better User Interface
    • Upgrades for buildings (for instance shorter production times)
    • Underground levels
    • Release on iOS

Ideas:
    • Prepare the arrival of the Factroid builders with terraforming and facilities for humanoid life forms
    • Research every building manually by placing the ingredients into Factroid instead of having a research tree
    • More specific upgrades for Factroid. (Building range, faster construction speed, better power output, quicker sector transfers etc.)
    • Tower Defense like sectors for special resources for instance
    • Daily / Weekly quests
    • Make it multiplayer: trade with other players, time based events and/or PvP planets/sectors
    Last edited by Lord7even; 06-14-2019, 03:25 PM.

Looks very Factorio inspired, which is not a bad thing because I love that game. Great job! This looks like one of those few games I would buy on the Play Store.

Comment

Thank you for your reply! We are working hard on a open beta release in the very near future

Comment

Working...
      X