No announcement yet.

The Real Man Summer Championship 2019 - Track & Field styled "sports" game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] The Real Man Summer Championship 2019 - Track & Field styled "sports" game

Hello, I am making a small game as a stress relief, when my bigger projects were taking too long to finish.

The Real Man Summer Championship 2019 is a goofy sports game, inspired by the classic NES and Arcade sports games such as Track & Field, Gold Medal Challenge etc. I made 8 different action packed and tactical mini games as the "sports" events, and 8 different over-the-top characters who all have their unique skillset, items, animations, so everyone has their own touch.

Story mode will give each character a small storyline, and a special ending if you become the champion as him. One game takes around 30 minutes to finish, bit more if you spend looking for secrets, reading the tutorials on first time, or get so good at the events that they take longer.

Also tons of hidden secrets and achievements, some harder to get than others.

If you want to give it a try, I am looking for beta testers, probably starting next week (05.20.-).

null

Last edited by Manatee; 05-14-2019, 06:13 AM.

Launched the trailer today! Made everything from the ingame happenings, just removed the UI etc.
    The song is the only thing I didn`t do myself, the rest from programming+blueprints, models+animations, trailer etc, just me.
    The song was actually an Eurovision nominee song back in 2010 and was a very popular song here in Finland back then!
    The words might not mean much to you, but hopefully it still sounds funny to you as well.

Last edited by Manatee; 06-11-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

And the Steam Page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...pionship_2019/

Still working on things, but now everything (seems) to be in schedule, and I should be able to release in beginning of July or so.

Steam ended up being a nightmare for my trailer, since their video compression made noise and artifacts so bad to it, that text was unreadable and cut transitions nothing but messy blur most of the time. I tried to adjust fonts, some shot sizes etc to reduce it as much as I could. Didn`t realize the Steam video compression was that harsh!
      Last edited by Manatee; 06-11-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X