Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Small in-editor demo of the "cursed ground" feature

Last edited by norlin; 09-05-2019, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Introduce the Cursed Ground levels and the bunch of new VFXs!

Please wishlist the game on Steam!
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...ghtmare_Lands/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Attention please!

If you're interested in Knightmare Lands and willing to help with the project please contact me! Email: alexey@norlin.games or Telegram: t.me/norlin_ru.
    Game designers, tech.artists and level designers are wanted on the first hand!

Brief update about the recent progress:
    • Major ECS system update: a LOT of refactorting and code changes, getting rid of some technical debt and fixing bunch of annoying bugs - all to prepare path for adding new content!
    • Implement completely new attributes system for the characters, to allow proper buffs/debuffs stacking, future pickup bonuses and different effects directly affecting the gameplay.
    • Finally I've started to work on the new environment themes: a hot volcano theme, spooky graveyard and searing desert are coming soon!
    • Last but not least: game progress saving. With dozens of levels planned, it will definitely be convenient!
    No new pics for now, stay tuned!

p.s. Don't forget to like the project on The Contest page!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone!

The awesome artist who made all the concepts for the Knightmare Lands - Jake Morrison - just recently launched a Kickstarter campaign for his 280-pages (!) comic book "Dani and Ramen: A Nomad's Tale VOL.1"!

Click image for larger version  Name:	b2a09407627bec8a991232df738b8df6_original.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.4 KB ID:	1648311

p.s. it does not have any connection with the Knightmare Lands, besides the Jake's awesome visual style
    Last edited by norlin; 07-31-2019, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Yun-Kun View Post
    Have you tried bringing the camera closer to the character?
    Thank you very much!

About the camera, currently I have zoom and camera rotation so it's up to player :-) But honetsly with the planned gameplay (a lot of enemies) it's more convenient to play with the far camera...
    Maybe it will be changed later during development.

Current camera controls:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really enjoy the graphical style of the visual effects, pretty stylized.

Have you tried bringing the camera closer to the character? I feel like it might be a bit too far and we can't see much of our heroes or enemies.

Keep up the good work and congrats for passing the first stage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wooo-hooo!

Knightmare Lands have passed the first stage of The Contest for the UE4 developers from the russian-speaking podcast Disgusting Men!

There were 180+ applications and only 50 projects are accepted.
    It's only the beginning, in the end there can be only one!

the video below is not from the game xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good news, everyone!
    Finally, I've published the game's page in Steam!

Click image for larger version  Name:	witchsinglepromo.png Views:	1 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	1641258
    The game is still under development, though you already can add it to the wishlist ;-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is awesome!!! the game looks fun to play!! i cant wait to put my hands in it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New game teaser!

Last edited by norlin; 06-20-2019, 08:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's probably not a complex thing for an experienced UE4 dev/tech artist, but I'm really proud of this and made it almost all by myself!
    Now I can place the roads along any spline and the noisy texture will tile properly and almost seamlessly with all the spline's curves!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_722.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	1631196

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Started working on the "story mode" for Knightmare Lands!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is the teaser made for the past DevGAMM conference (15-17th of May 2019)!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beware! Druid have learned how to summon the Angry Totem! It's protecting the Heroes with a magic barrier and attack nearby enemies at the same time!

What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boardinfo
    Those animations look really stylish and cool
    Thank you! :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X