No announcement yet.

Epic Online Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if for a bug or something else, but the login always fails.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Immagine.jpg Views:	0 Size:	271.6 KB ID:	1763534
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andrea_92; 05-19-2020, 05:30 AM.

Comment

When I first logged in via the Dev Tool, it took me off to an Epic Account authorisation screen for my Project/Application. Did you get that?
      Epic Online Services Plugin for UE4 [github] [forum]

Comment

Originally posted by Jawdy View Post
        When I first logged in via the Dev Tool, it took me off to an Epic Account authorisation screen for my Project/Application. Did you get that?

No authorization screen appeared for my Project, I only did 2 factor authorization when I started the devtool. I started the devtool, created the port, entered the login data (email and password), 2-factor authorization and lastly the name to begin serving authorization for this user

Comment

Jawdy How do I start using Epic's Matchmaking system and lobby? Is there a tutorial you could make? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea_92 View Post

No authorization screen appeared for my Project, I only did 2 factor authorization when I started the devtool. I started the devtool, created the port, entered the login data (email and password), 2-factor authorization and lastly the name to begin serving authorization for this user
            The only thing, right now, I can think of, is that something on your Dashboard has not been configured correctly. If your project has not request authorisation of your account, then there's nothing I can do in the SDK - as it will make an authorisation request and because the Project/Application has not been granted access by the user, all auth requests will fail.
            Please double and triple check your Dashboard set up, make sure the Client portion has been fully filled in, including an image etc.

Originally posted by yellowz9345126 View Post
            Jawdy How do I start using Epic's Matchmaking system and lobby? Is there a tutorial you could make? Thanks!
            Nothing as of yet.
            In the middle of refactoring the entire mechanism to not be a "separate" Plugin, but utilise the OSS (Online Subsystem) method.

Speaking of the Plugin:
            I now have a new OSS version, akin to the Steam setup, with the config options moved into the DefaultEngine.ini. They're all gathered, the SDK is initialized, we have a different singleton approach and the OSS is registered with the Module system. After this, I'll start implementing the other elements of the OSS, starting with the Auth' system.
            THIS VERSION HAS NOT BEEN UPLOADED TO GITHUB!!! (Yet)
            Because the build I'm on is in such a state of flux, has little-to-no functionality (just Init and gathers a Platform Handle), I'm wary of pushing to Github until we at least have something more useful for you all :-)

Comment

The community should make a community-owned battle royale for this system.
              Working on Escape Condition - A philosophy adventure game

Comment

Online Subsystem variant of the Plugin, update:
                It now fully Inits, Ticks and Shuts down. Have additional checks for initialised and handlers for the like, plus improved logging during these processes. Started creating the Identity Interface, which will serve as the replacement to the "Authentication" mechanism from the current Plugin.

Originally posted by coalminds View Post
                The community should make a community-owned battle royale for this system.
                There's no reason why you couldn't build most of this without this system, as you'd still need to handle the game modes, network replication, movement/prediction, firing etc, within the Engine itself. The benefits of EOS is that you can/should/hopefully have fully cross-platform matchmaking and NAT connecting. At least, that's the goal :-)

Comment

after following all the following steps:
                  • Downloaded the latest EOS Plugin/Basic from Github
                  • Downloaded EOS SDK v1.6
                  • Copied/Pasted all of the appropriate EOS SDK files into the ThirdParty folder
                  • Right clicked the EOSBasic.uproject and pressed "Generate Visual Studio Project Files"
                  • Opened Visual Studio and built the project (F7)
                  • Then open the EOSBasic.uproject file

I still get this error when I try to open the sample project :

"Plugin 'UEOS' failed to load because module 'UEOS' could not be loaded.

what should I do?

this is the error i get in the log

LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'UEOS' - 0 instances of that module name found.
                  Message dialog closed, result: Ok, title: Message, text: Plugin 'UEOS' failed to load because module 'UEOS' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.
                  LogCore: Engine exit requested (reason: EngineExit() was called)
                  LogExit: Preparing to exit.
                  Last edited by MOSF; 05-22-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSF View Post
                    after following all the following steps:
                    • Downloaded the latest EOS Plugin/Basic from Github
                    • Downloaded EOS SDK v1.6
                    • Copied/Pasted all of the appropriate EOS SDK files into the ThirdParty folder
                    • Right clicked the EOSBasic.uproject and pressed "Generate Visual Studio Project Files"
                    • Opened Visual Studio and built the project (F7)
                    • Then open the EOSBasic.uproject file

I still get this error when I try to open the sample project :

"Plugin 'UEOS' failed to load because module 'UEOS' could not be loaded.

what should I do?

this is the error i get in the log

LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'UEOS' - 0 instances of that module name found.
                    Message dialog closed, result: Ok, title: Message, text: Plugin 'UEOS' failed to load because module 'UEOS' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.
                    LogCore: Engine exit requested (reason: EngineExit() was called)
                    LogExit: Preparing to exit.
                    So two things.
                    First, did the EOS Basic VS solution fully build? The only reason you would get that error is, just as the Log is saying, the Module couldn't be found... which is in the Plugin, which means the DLL didn't load or build.
                    And the second thing: the entire project is being rebuilt from the ground-up, with an update coming in the next day or so. Meaning the steps wont change (copy, generate, build, etc), but the underlying mechanisms will.

Comment

..the entire project is being rebuilt from the ground-up...
                      Hi Jawdy, will you also provide a 4.24 edition for us devs who cannot yet transition to 4.25? That would be awesome!
                      [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo][Reallusion Technical Expert]

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post

Hi Jawdy, will you also provide a 4.24 edition for us devs who cannot yet transition to 4.25? That would be awesome!
                        Everything in the plugin is as close to version agnostic as I can make it and, as far as I can tell with the new changes (Online Subsystem), that ought to be good to go, too. For the current "Basic" project, it's literally a right-click, change version (for the main project) and then manually change the EOS Plugin's .uplugin to 4.2x.0. So all I did was go from 24 to 25 in this process :-)

Comment

The initial migration to an OSS (Online Subsystem) has begun. I've now pushed the changes to Github and all future work on the project will be done in this new approach :-)

Comment

Everything in the plugin is as close to version agnostic as I can make it and, as far as I can tell with the new changes (Online Subsystem), that ought to be good to go, too. For the current "Basic" project, it's literally a right-click, change version (for the main project) and then manually change the EOS Plugin's .uplugin to 4.2x.0. So all I did was go from 24 to 25 in this process :-)
                            When trying to rebuild/build the project I get this error with 4.24

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	1766508

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                              When trying to rebuild/build the project I get this error with 4.24 ]
                              Can you switch it over to "Output"?
                              I've always found it to give a lot more useful information in there :-)

Also, did you build/test the Basic project, first? Make sure everything's fine in that? Migrate that to 4.24 in a solution that's known to be working?

Comment

..did you build/test the Basic project, first? Make sure everything's fine in that? Migrate that to 4.24 in a solution that's known to be working?
                                So I can launch it, but there is nothing there, nothing happens if I run Test map, and the PlayerController has only unconnected nodes, connecting them shows some text, that is all. How do you want me to migrate this code, there is no option to migrate plugins.

Manually copying the under 4.25 compiled plugin into my 4.24 project yields the same results, it fails. Also I have no idea where the Output window is you mentioned, perhaps you can post a screenshot highlighting it?
                                Last edited by unit23; 05-25-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X