Edward's Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] Edward's Journey

Hello all. I've attached a few pictures from my 2nd game called Edward's Journey. It is a top down rpg. I hope to have a new gameplay video soon. Please let me know what you think so far.

Please visit my website for additional information. Thanks!

www.jlssoftworks.com

Here's a picture from a brand new area that I have been working on...

Comment

Here's my latest gameplay video. Everything is still very much a work in progress, but please let me know what you think so far. Thanks.

Comment

Fantastic! I think the art style is super cute. I'm interested in seeing what the story is and how it'll be told with a gameplay style similar to a dungeon crawler. The UI could definitely use some love, but I understand there's a lot of work left. The camera height is a little close, which isn't a bad thing. Maybe allow the player to back the camera up a little bit, or maybe have some areas that force the camera back just a little bit. That way that close camera angle doesn't get old. A little variety in camera styles might help the gameplay not feel so.... repetitive.

Good luck and keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordecai View Post
          Fantastic! I think the art style is super cute. I'm interested in seeing what the story is and how it'll be told with a gameplay style similar to a dungeon crawler. The UI could definitely use some love, but I understand there's a lot of work left. The camera height is a little close, which isn't a bad thing. Maybe allow the player to back the camera up a little bit, or maybe have some areas that force the camera back just a little bit. That way that close camera angle doesn't get old. A little variety in camera styles might help the gameplay not feel so.... repetitive.

Good luck and keep up the great work!
          Thanks for the comments. Yes, the UI is something I threw together quick just to get some of the basic functionality up and working properly. I do have plans on adjusting the camera in game. One of the million little things to do still. It especially will be useful to identify mobs a bit farther away from the character. So that is on my to do list. There are areas in the game now where it does adjust. I just may not have put them in that trailer.

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Edward has learned how to fish! Fishing isn't just for fun, it can also be very beneficial to Edward. Edward can certainly find fish, but he can also fish up valuable items. He can fish up health hearts, magic jewels, regular jewels, and crafting items.

Edward can now also find treasure maps that can lead him in the direction of some fantastic treasures hidden throughout the lands. He first needs to find a map. He'll then need to find the materials to craft a shovel. Using the clues on the map, he must find the 'X' and dig at its center.

http://www.jlssoftworks.com

Comment

Here are some of the creatures Edward will encounter once he ventures out. It's just a few that I have right now and there will be a lot more.

http://www.jlssoftworks.com

Comment

Updated Screenshots from my 'Mossy' area.

Web Page
                Facebook Page

Comment

Here is the latest mob I've been working on.

Comment

Originally posted by jaremi76 View Post
                    Here is the latest mob I've been working on.
                    It's so cute and nice, keep up the good work man!

Comment

Originally posted by this.index.HTML View Post

It's so cute and nice, keep up the good work man!
                      Thank you!

Comment

Latest Screenshots from various locations in the game. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

JLS Softworks Web Page
                        Facebook

Comment

Edward chilling in the Ice Cave.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IceCaveSmall.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	1676245

Comment

Started work on a merchant that you can find in various locations. Yes, it is a giant bee. Figured, why not.

Name:	MerchantSmall.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	445.0 KB
ID:	1678649

Comment

Latest screenshot from my game. Hope you like it.

Name:	New1Small.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	470.5 KB
ID:	1702487

Comment

Working...
                              X