Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

《Drifting》Third-Person / Action / Shooter / Parkour (Update: Trail FX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] 《Drifting》Third-Person / Action / Shooter / Parkour (Update: Trail FX)

Last updated: 2019/11/09

Scenery in《Drifting》

Animation Trail FX

Animation Trail FX
    (Click the image for higher resolution)

Usually, games with protagonists who could fly or float will add a robe or scarf (or something that is light and extensible) in its character design to enhance the visual feedback of the protagonist's movement.

In 《Drifting》 however, the idea of the protagonist's design stems from gymnastics, which has to be clean and concise to better showcase her acrobatic skills, adding additional trinkets did not fit this vision well.

In order to add visual feedback without compromising the artistic design, I made animation trail FX appears only when she performs acrobatic movements, which turns out quite nice as an enhancement for visual feedback.

《Drifting》New Combat Gameplay Released: 2019/11/02

Hi everyone!

In this gameplay footage, I intentionally perform some moves I've added since the last combat video update: vertical wall run, vertical wall slide, forward throwing while wall running; The new directional throw animations are also shown to make a big difference in terms of player control feedback and visual appeal.

Various visual effects are added into the game: post-process blur, bullet scorch mark, the energy flow on her right arm, animation trail...etc.

Overall, this combat video concludes all the controls and visual improvements made during the last six months.

I hope you enjoy watching it, and I wish you a wonderful weekend! :3

《Drifting》New Combat Gameplay Released: 2019/05/18

Hi everyone!

In this week's update, I am glad to show you the latest combat video of 《Drifting》.

In the new gameplay footage, you'll find out the combat is much more intense, fast-paced and strategically more demanding. Energy beams and explosive missiles intertwined creating a hazardous area in 3D space, players not only need to dodge these attacks in air, but also keep on solving the environment puzzle that blocks his/her path to the next level.

Enjoy this week's update and have a wonderful weekend! :3

Release Date: TBA

Genre: Third-Person / Shooter / Action / Parkour

Developer: MYW

Platform: PC

Please feel free to leave a comment or like if you are interested in my game!

(I will send out a PM to you as response =D)
    Last edited by rit; 11-09-2019, 01:56 AM.
    《Drifting》Third-Person Shooter / Action / Parkour

looks cool

Comment

Core mechanics in the combat system of 《Drifting》

Grapple Kick

Grapple Stun

Grapple Throw

Feel free to leave a comment

Comment

Core mechanics in the combat system of 《Drifting》

Explosive Kunai

Feel free to leave a comment, and have a great weekend! :3

Comment

Traversal and combat technique while wall running.

Wall Run Grapple Throw

Wall Run Grapple Hook

Enjoy this week's update!

Feel free to leave a comment or like if you are interested in my game =)

Comment

That actually looks very atmospheric! Great job! Have you done all of this by yourself? What will the story be about? Just very curious right now!
            Oh and do you have any blog or site or twitter to follow the development path?

Comment

Originally posted by AVDream View Post
              That actually looks very atmospheric! Great job! Have you done all of this by yourself? What will the story be about? Just very curious right now!
              Oh and do you have any blog or site or twitter to follow the development path?

Hi AVDream~

Thank you for your interest. =)

I am a solo developer, I bought all the arts from asset stores, ex: TurboSquid, CGTrader, UE4 Marketplace...etc, however, I use 3ds Max to combine and reskin the models I bought.

The game doesn't have a story yet, but if you watch the demo video carefully, you'll definitely notice a contrasting theme in the game: old marble ruins vs. metal structure, free-flowing water vs. cage-like wired fence...etc. The final story (if there is one) will likely revolve around these contradiction themes.

If you like to follow my development progress, you can visit my indieDB page:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/drifting

The page will be updated weekly, feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. =D

Thank you again for your interest and have a great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by rit View Post

Hi AVDream~

Thank you for your interest. =)

I am a solo developer, I bought all the arts from asset stores, ex: TurboSquid, CGTrader, UE4 Marketplace...etc, however, I use 3ds Max to combine and reskin the models I bought.

The game doesn't have a story yet, but if you watch the demo video carefully, you'll definitely notice a contrasting theme in the game: old marble ruins vs. metal structure, free-flowing water vs. cage-like wired fence...etc. The final story (if there is one) will likely revolve around these contradiction themes.

If you like to follow my development progress, you can visit my indieDB page:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/drifting

The page will be updated weekly, feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. =D

Thank you again for your interest and have a great weekend!
                Keep up the great work! It feels very interesting now - maybe with some investors' interest it could become a huge project!

Comment

A glimpse of combat in 《Drifting》

Grapple Throw And Get Hit

A perfect demonstration of the importance of spatial awareness and prioritizing your target in 《Drifting》

Enjoy this week's update and have a nice weekend! =D

Comment

Scenery in《Drifting》

A solemn yet beautiful waterfall

This image showcases the size comparison between the player and the environment in《Drifting》. Large walls and pillars are made so that the player can maneuver around easily during intense combat.

This summed up this week's update, feel free to leave a comment or like if you are interested in my game.

Have a great weekend! =D
                    Last edited by rit; 03-16-2019, 02:13 AM.

Comment

This looks awesome! I love the slow-mo in there, that should help with the more complex maneuvers
                      My favourite video games

Comment

Scenery in《Drifting》

A softly lit hallway

I've been experimenting with different geometry layout to get a feel of the resulting atmosphere it conveys, and more importantly, how well do my wall running and camera system adapts to the various types of surfaces.

Have a great weekend! =P
                        Last edited by rit; 03-16-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone!

In this week's update, I wrote a short article about an improvement of my wall-run dashing mechanics.

(click the .gif to enlarge the image)

Here is the link to the full article. Feel free to leave a comment or like if you are interested in my game

Have a wonderful weekend!
                          Last edited by rit; 03-23-2019, 01:33 AM.

Comment

The grapple stun looks very satisfying. The grapple throw... I like it too. Something about it seems missing though. Maybe it's just an animation thing. She swings the object away but her arm doesn't swing with the same movement. Seeing her arm swing in certain directions with the grapple motion matching I feel would be super satisfying. Is this already in the plans?

Comment

Originally posted by mcbobbyfresh View Post
                              The grapple stun looks very satisfying. The grapple throw... I like it too. Something about it seems missing though. Maybe it's just an animation thing. She swings the object away but her arm doesn't swing with the same movement. Seeing her arm swing in certain directions with the grapple motion matching I feel would be super satisfying. Is this already in the plans?
                              Hi, McBobbyFresh!

I think what you suggested is on point, but sadly I don't have the appropriate animation to implement it right now.

I will add the arm swinging animation (while grappling throw) on my to-do list, and see if I can come up with something that gives players the same satisfactory experience as grapple stun.

Thank you for your attention to detail and feel free to leave a comment in my future updates.

Have a wonderful weekend! :3

Comment

Working...
                              X