Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

《Drifting》Third-Person / Action / Shooter / Parkour (Update: Bad News)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L04D3D View Post
    This looks great! Good job! Any tips on how to do hair like that?

Hi L04D3D,

The hair is rendered with Hairworks Component using Nvidia Gameworks integration GitHub branch: https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/HairWorks

The version is currently 4.16.3

(The branch has been stuck on 4.16 for quite some time, so I have doubt Nvidia will update it in the future.)

As for the tool to make the hair, I'm using 3dsMax plugin downloaded from Nvidia's official website: https://developer.nvidia.com/gamewor...arch=HairWorks

The tool essentially allows you to export the hair and fur modifier as a .apx file and import it into UE4 project build from the Github version mentioned above.

Thank you for your interest and have a great weekend! : )
    Last edited by rit; 06-11-2019, 09:17 AM.
    《Drifting》Third-Person Shooter / Action / Parkour

Comment

Hi everyone!

In this week's update, I wrote an article explaining the improvements I made to the control scheme of my wall run system.

https://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/games/1/70/69632/thumb_620x2000/wallrun_vertical_down_thin.gif

Here is the link to the full article, feel free to leave a comment or like if you enjoy reading it!

Have a wonderful weekend! :3

Comment

Great work! I'm happy to see that you are still making solid progress. I think it will definitely be a great experience, when it's released . Keep it up!
        Main channel:
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGC...o9s3YcA/videos

Comment

Scenery in《Drifting》

Floodgate

Floodgate
          (Click the image for higher resolution)

A secret plot is guarded behind this gigantic floodgate--as with other alien construction--it is built with metal plates and barbed wire fences for easy deployment.

Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend! :3

Comment

Characters in《Drifting》

Floating Mine

floating mine

A military weapon functions just like an ordinary landmine, except that it floats in mid-air. Aside from its intimidating looks, these floating explosive mines are actually helpful in breaking walls that are too strong to be damaged by energy based weapons.

Have a wonderful weekend ^.^y

Comment

Characters in《Drifting》

Turret

turret

Beside its intimidating looks, turrets are actually the least threatening enemy in the game.

It has the ability to fire missiles consecutively, however, each missile has a slight delay before launch, which gives players plenty of time to dodge it; The lack of armor protection and mobility means it's easy to target and one-shot the turret with its own missile.

I hope you enjoy this week's update and have a wonderful weekend =D

Comment

Characters in《Drifting》

Singularity

singularity

Constantly emitting pulsing gravitational energy, it is able to capture and immobilize any living being (except the player) near it, which makes it a perfect trap to throw enemies into.

Have a wonderful weekend :3

Comment

Core mechanics in the combat system of 《Drifting》

Wall hanging

wall hanging revised

In the last article, I wrote about the improvements I made to the wall running mechanics. However, I was not satisfied with how the wall hanging animation seems to make the player character "detached" from walls and looks as if she's sliding in thin air.

So here is the revised version of the wall hanging animation. Now the wall hanging is much closer to walls you can feel the player character's hand grip firmly to the wall and her body pressed closer to the wall which conveys an overall better wall hanging experience.

Wish you have a wonderful weekend! (。・∀・)ノ
                  Last edited by rit; 07-20-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone!

In this week's update, I wrote a short article about the working pipeline and run-time effects I've done using Nvidia's Hairworks solution., I hope you enjoy reading it!

hair baseline

As a friendly reminder, since I am currently moving to a new apartment, I will not have internet access for a couple of days next week, hence, the updated content during 08/03~08/04 is canceled.

Have a wonderful weekend! ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ

Comment

A glimpse of combat in 《Drifting》

Directional Throws

ledge jump

Depending on the player's throw direction, animation will now have three different variations: left, right and forward directional throw animations. The idea is to enhance the game response to player control by indicating visually the direction players is aiming for.

Have a wonderful weekend~ (。・∀・)ノ

Comment

Shooting

shooting

Shooting is the bread and butter for players as it not only serves as a direct way to deal damage to enemies, it is also the only way to change the player's momentum mid-air. Additionally, and probably most importantly, ALL ACTIONS CAN BE CANCELED through shooting: grabbing, hooking, throwing, dashing...etc.

Needless to say, the depth of the combat system in 《Drifting》 relies heavily on how well the player utilizes the shooting mechanic.

Have a wonderful weekend =)

Comment

Scenery in《Drifting》

Tripwire revised

Tripwire revised

In the previous update, I talk about the functionality of tripwire. I like the interactions it adds to the gameplay, however, I felt the model doesn't align with the artistic style of the game. Here is the new model of the tripwire, instead of a scifi-fantasy look, it is now more mechanical and realistic (relatively speaking) and it blends in with the environment very well.

Have a great weekend! =)

Comment

Energy Channeling

Energy Channeling

The source of the protagonist's ability stems from the exoskeleton arm she's wearing, by channeling energy through vacuum tubes down to her right hand, enables her the ability to emit highly condensed energy from her index finger.

Have a relaxing weekend! ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ

Comment

Scenery in《Drifting》

Sea Corridor

Sea Corridor

A metal corridor built amidst the ocean. As with other alien structures, this massive corridor is built with barbed wire and metal plate, unlike other structures, however, there are dead bodies floating around the corner, something terrible must have happened to these alien invaders...but what could it be?

Have a wonderful weekend~ >.0

Comment

Just passing by to say I'm following your updates. Super cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X