No announcement yet.

Prefabricator - Open Source Prefab Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimPhoenix Zaheer Mukhtar I'll resolve the undo errors in the coming builds. I'll also have a look at the randomization issue on the packaged builds tomorrow and get back to you
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by dkoding View Post
      Hi Ali Akbar - can this plugin be used together with the Snap Map Builder?
      I have this scenario: I create a level with prefabs for walls, exits and Snap Map Connection infos.
      When the dungeon builder creates the level - I get the same level every time.
      I would like to randomize the level - THEN have the dungeon builder try to place it. Is this possible? That would be amazing! Creating dungeons would be a breeze.

dkoding That is possible, I've tested it a while ago. I'll post a sample soon

Discord Support

Comment

I fixed the asset reference issue. Prefabs now properly hold soft references to the assets that make up the prefab. So you can now move your assets and the prefabs will still work

MeMass

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
          Ali Akbar - How can I spawn a PrefCollection from C++ (in editor)? The SpawnPrefab helper function works for regular PrefabActors but not PrefabCollections. This is for a tool in the editor, so in this case I'm using it during edit-time rather than runtime.

Thanks!
          Hey n00854180t
          • Spawn APrefabActor actor
          • Assign your prefab asset to the actor MyPrefabActor->PrefabComponent->PrefabAssetInterface = PrefabAsset; (could be a collection or a prefab asset)
          • MyPrefabActor->LoadPrefab()

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by GreasyExcretion View Post
            Anyone else getting crashes if you hide a prefab then try to switch levels? It crashes like 50% of the time with:
            Assertion failed: [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\EditorServer.cpp] [Line: 1971] /Game/Maps/testmap.testmap still around while trying to load new map (Object is not currently rooted)
            GreasyExcretion I'll have a look

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by New Amsterdam View Post
              If/when my dream project comes through, I'm sending you a truckload of money.
              Thx a million times!
              A beer would do if we meet Good luck with your project

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by MeMass View Post
                This is an amazing tool but one thing that concerns me is the way it references other assets. I cannot replace references on a prefab which would be very neat. Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks
                I've fixed this issue and will be available in the next update in a few days

Discord Support

Comment

CopperStoneSea Apologies for the delayed response and thanks for the steps. I'll have a look and get back to you

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                    JimPhoenix Zaheer Mukhtar I'll resolve the undo errors in the coming builds. I'll also have a look at the randomization issue on the packaged builds tomorrow and get back to you
                    Thank you in advance Ali!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190704-14_20_08PF422X-DebugGame--Unreal-Editor.png
Views:	54
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	1638309

I've added an upgrade option in the prefab menu's advanced sub menu to upgrade all your existing prefab assets. This will fix the reference issue (provided the previous ones are not already broken due to asset reference issues). After the upgrade, the references will properly hold when you move the assets around

Discord Support

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	prefab_rand_fn.png
Views:	53
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1638438

I've added a randomize function which you should use to properly randomize your prefabs from now on. It does proper nested randomization at runtime

Discord Support

Comment

JimPhoenix The runtime randomization on standalone builds is fixed and will be available in the next update (1.2.0). I'll fix the undo crash issues in the future version (1.3.0+)

Discord Support

Comment

JimPhoenix The runtime randomization on standalone builds is fixed and will be available in the next update (1.2.0). I'll fix the undo crash issues in the future version (1.3.0+)
                            Glad to hear! I will test it after the 1.2.0 update is alive and definitely give some feedbacks for you with my results. : ]

Comment

Hey n00854180t
                              • Spawn APrefabActor actor
                              • Assign your prefab asset to the actor MyPrefabActor->PrefabComponent->PrefabAssetInterface = PrefabAsset; (could be a collection or a prefab asset)
                              • MyPrefabActor->LoadPrefab()
                              Awesome thank you Ali!
                              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

I've published a new release on github. It will also show up on the marketplace in a few days

Download 1.2.0 from here: https://github.com/coderespawn/prefa...ases/tag/1.2.0

Version 1.2.0
                                • New: Prefabs now store soft refernces to assets and the references can be viewed from the reference viewer. This keeps the prefab from breaking when the assets are moved around
                                • New: Added Upgrade option in the Prefabricator Tool button's Advanced submenu. This upgrades all the existing prefabs in the project to the latest version, adding soft references
                                • New: A new blueprint node to randomize a prefab actor in the scene (Global function node RandomizePrefab)
                                • New: Project settings to control automatic updates of prefabs in the level [Contribution from @iniside]
                                • New: Project settings to control default pivot location when new prefabs are created [Contribution from @iniside]
                                • New: Save an existing prefab in the level as a new asset [Contribution from @iniside]
                                • New: Unlink prefabs in the scene to turn them into normal actors
                                • Fix: Fixed prefab collection loading issues in non-editor builds which was causing randomization to not work
                                Last edited by Ali Akbar; 07-04-2019, 01:10 PM.

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X